Default Brownstown Jackson 100??

We're wanting to get to a 100 lap show sometime before the year is over and it looks like this one may be our best weekend to get away. Normally would catch North/South, got something to tend to..not happy about that one. Pains me we can't make it, DTWC or the World. Grown up problems, I guess.

Anyway, never been to Brownstown before. Anyone have any input? How's the surface for a 100 lapper? Do they run a timely show? Anywhere to stay the night close by? Thanks in advance for any input.

The surface is usually as hard, dry, slick, and black as it is humanly possible.

I would find another 100 lapper to go to. Back in the day the Jackson 100 used to be a great race. The track surface is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The surface is usually as hard, dry, slick, and black as it is humanly possible.
    I have went to the last 6 lucas races at btown and only 1 was worth watching. The year that owens won the jackson ( i believe that race) i guarantee you the cars were not going more than 60 mph on the straights. Do t plan on going back myself. Try to find another race.

If you do end up going, Seymour is not far and has adequate hotels and restaurants. Also, not knowing where you're coming from, there's other good 100 lap races towards the end of the year that don't have the same notoriety...like Peoria, IL. It's been a good race as of late. The Herald and Review 100 at Macon Speedway (Illinois) is also coming up on Wednesday, August 26. That's historically a great one to see.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 08-05-2015 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Added Macon

And be prepared to be squeezed in the stands

The two races that Jet said have been really good races the last few years Peoria does't get the star cars but that usually is a pretty decent race. Macon is just amazing to watch. Its like watching Fighter Jets in a gymnasium. I have not been to Brownstown in a few years. Its dirt racing sometimes you get a great show some times you don't. Either way Its still better than be at home watching TV.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

The Jackson is a good race. Go to http://inthefastlaneproductions.com/ and you can check out all the racing action for Brownstown this year and judge for yourself. Not that anyone on 4m would give bad info. lol

I was there earlier in the year for the Summernationals race. Had an wonderful time. The racing was real good and it definitely wasnt black slick that night. It was racey all over the track. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Jackson this year. Summernationals race was my first trip to Brownstown. I will be back hopefully

Maybe Chris Nunn can give you a perspective as to the current Brownstown racing. Supposedly track prep and racing has improved. I know it has gotten a bad rap in years past.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by luv racin View Post
    I was there earlier in the year for the Summernationals race. Had an wonderful time. The racing was real good and it definitely wasnt black slick that night. It was racey all over the track. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Jackson this year. Summernationals race was my first trip to Brownstown. I will be back hopefully
    You are correct. That was a great night and the track was fast and in great shape. But since that night it has gotten worse every week to the point of being black slick and dusty to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmiester View Post
    The Jackson is a good race. Go to http://inthefastlaneproductions.com/ and you can check out all the racing action for Brownstown this year and judge for yourself. Not that anyone on 4m would give bad info. lol
    Thank you for showing my point!!!

Been going to Brownstown for 30+ years. I've seen maybe 3 bad Jackson 100's but I've also seen some of the best races ever. All tracks have a bad night! If you've never been I would put it on the bucket list.

Nice post Bro
    Scott Kleindorfer

its usually a pretty good race. seen a few that wasnt great but as mentioned all tracks have that. its extremely tight in the stands as they draw a big crowd. concession food is not bad but pretty expensive as with most tracks so we usually take our own food. not a real big party crowd, might see a few here or there in the parking lot.