Thumbs up Hagerstown Speedway 2016 Schedule

Hagerstown Speedway - 2016 Schedule.
    Via track website.
    www.dirtcapitol.com/index.php/schedule/
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Two things that jump out at me about the 2016 schedule. One it doesn't look like they will have a Pa Speedweek sprint car race this year, and two it looks like they will be dark at least one Saturday a month with the POTENTIAL RAIN DATES listed? Did they have a similar schedule this past season?. Seems to be only a handful of high paying DLM races scheduled as well.

PA Sprint Speedweek wasnt handled by Ernie Davis and the speedweek schedule isnt out yet so theres still a good chance it could be added. Also same goes for the AMA Pro Flat Track race. Both of those events were still handled by the previous management.

Swami, thanks. Hopefully you are right. It would be nice to know for sure to plan ahead.

My pleasure. When Ernie took over promotions the Plessingers would retain the Speedweek show, the Monster Trucks, the Bonanza and the AMA race. I think the concessions as well.

If they don't do something about the track surface and the nepitism that goes on they won't have many cars for what little slm shows they have scheduled !!!!

I see they added 11 or so crate races. wonder how that will work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfan19 View Post
    I see they added 11 or so crate races. wonder how that will work out?
    While I am a fan of Hagerstown Speedway and am glad to see Ernie run the place. The schedule is an obvious case of... "I released my schedule first so you can't say I scheduled over your race". I'm sure Winchester will either alter their schedule, or they will schedule it as they have been scheduling CLM shows for seasons now (pretty much Bi-Weekly) and probably be accused of not working with Hagerstown.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

It really is kind of a shame that the Hagerstown no longer has their Octoberfest deal with Late models, sprints and big block mods. I was hoping it would be back for this year, but alas, no dice.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It really is kind of a shame that the Hagerstown no longer has their Octoberfest deal with Late models, sprints and big block mods. I was hoping it would be back for this year, but alas, no dice.
    I also miss this race, but there really is no good weekend to do it. The mods have specials up north on the weekends they have run this event in the past. Thats why they stopped doing it.. I loved going to the 350, especially when they had 60 to 70 big block and small block mods, 50ish late models, and atleast 40 sprints. Was a jammed packed pit area (inside and outside) and had a great fan turnout as well. Campers everywhere. Its a shame for sure that it is now a thing of the past..

Yeah, the Octoberfest 350 brings back great memories. We probably attended as many of those as we did Challenger's Fall Fest. Truly a racing ritual. It was the blueprints for the World Finals long before the Dirt Track at Charlotte was even built.

The huge bonus for a guy like myself that didn't live within easy access to the Modified epicenter could enjoy their stars and cars en-masses. You could get a handful of sprints that were in the Knoxville Nationals to show and even some World 100 entries (and winners) but you could count on darn-near the entire starting lineup of the Freedom 76 being at Octoberfest.

Nothing closed out your racing season quite like leaving the Dirt Racing Capitol with those Sunday afternoon raccoon eyes.

The February races were a hoot, too.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN