Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Yep, its seating capacity is down to 100,000. Should be an easy sellout!
    Math not my strongest suit, but how can they be at 100,000 seats now and be sold out at 150,000 like WV said.

#waitwhat?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It's not a math problem I was just saying comparing the crowds a Daytona & volusia is no comparison. 101,000 is actual capacity. I'm sure capacity at volusia isn't exactly 3-4000 like I said either

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Math not my strongest suit, but how can they be at 100,000 seats now and be sold out at 150,000 like WV said.

#waitwhat?
    I wonder if they count the people in the infield....since most don't have a seat?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    all I wan't to know is when will East Bay run?
    Very good question. I heard from a pretty reliable source while I was there this year that possibly the winter nationals was history. But you know how rumors are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    Very good question. I heard from a pretty reliable source while I was there this year that possibly the winter nationals was history. But you know how rumors are!!!
    I think that 4 week grind they try to do has gotten to be too much. Im sure they will keep the Lucas deal and cut back the other classes. I went on a Wed nite this year, and the stands was half full. The lowest I have ever seen.

I think some of their problem is the price of admission. Their pit passes have been $40 and up for the last 20 years. You are not gonna get many locals to spend that kinda cash several nites.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    The Daytona 500 was sold out this year over 150,000. although Volusia may be packed your talking about 3-4000 attendance at best. I would rather be at Volusia as well.
    obviously you were "in the stands" because TV showed that the new "Whatever They Called It" grandstands weren't full....at any point of the new style "speed weeks"! Volusia might have been. But, I'm guessing you're last name is France if you think ANY track this year has "sold out". TV ratings are waaaay down....ticket sales are worse than that.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    It's not a math problem I was just saying comparing the crowds a Daytona & volusia is no comparison. 101,000 is actual capacity. I'm sure capacity at volusia isn't exactly 3-4000 like I said either
    Oh, cause you were pretty matter of fact about stating Daytona was a sell out at 150k......

I guess maybe it's an English problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post
    obviously you were "in the stands" because TV showed that the new "Whatever They Called It" grandstands weren't full....at any point of the new style "speed weeks"! Volusia might have been. But, I'm guessing you're last name is France if you think ANY track this year has "sold out". TV ratings are waaaay down....ticket sales are worse than that.
    Facts..........who needs em?????