Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    How can I make it any easier? Realistically you're looking at 25-30 cars at a majority of these shows. If you don't make it, maybe try local shows for a minute. After all you can race for 3-5k all the time with no entry fee. You failed to mention that most of those are probably $200 to start at best.

I'm pro-racer, I just don't see the beef here. Plus you always have the option to you know, don't go.
    Simple.... You can't.

A 3,000 to win 400 to start with a 100 entry fee..... Its like the most basic dirt late model show in America.

I would like to see the payouts of these non sanction shows that he talks about.

It's spelled out clearly. The drivers are funding their own point fund, paying for fireworks etc and the series $65k truck. The sponsor revenue and sanction fees seem like they are being pocketed. No wonder racing is fading out with these series grabbing so much cash away from the drivers and tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium Block View Post
    It's spelled out clearly. The drivers are funding their own point fund, paying for fireworks etc and the series $65k truck. The sponsor revenue and sanction fees seem like they are being pocketed. No wonder racing is fading out with these series grabbing so much cash away from the drivers and tracks.
    Page Two!Now you know the rest of the story.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Looks like we got two guys just waiting to start their own non-entry fee series.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Looks like we got two guys just waiting to start their own non-entry fee series.
    No,thats not the case,just want to have a Reasonable entry fee,depending on what the race pays.$105.00 entry fee for a $3000.00 to win show is out of the question.

And as you mentioned above,THE NON ENTRY FEE RACES HAVE ALREADY STARTED,thanks to the KING FAMILY of Florence Speedway.They have had two $5000.00 to win races,and one $3000.00 to win race,without any ENTRY FEE WHATSOEVER.
    you just got greased

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    No,thats not the case,just want to have a Reasonable entry fee,depending on what the race pays.$105.00 entry fee for a $3000.00 to win show is out of the question.

And as you mentioned above,THE NON ENTRY FEE RACES HAVE ALREADY STARTED,thanks to the KING FAMILY of Florence Speedway.They have had two $5000.00 to win races,and one $3000.00 to win race,without any ENTRY FEE WHATSOEVER.
    You would be correct, and where is the points championship money coming from? Talking about if a series were running there. Florence isn't going to pay BOB, Ultimate, SAS etc.'s points fund if the Kings asked them to come run a race. It's on the series.

Well good for Florence. Florence is unsanctioned and they don't have to charge an entry fee.

Like every regional series charges the exact same rate. The entry fee goes to the series. What part about that don't you understand?

When Ray Cooks deal comes to Florence.... Are you gonna whine and pout because he's gonna charge an entry fee????

Husker you can't make them understand they are comparing apples to oranges. Every regional series I can think of has an entry fee. They are talking about a few certain tracks having some 3k and 5k special races. No travel involved to 20 other comparable races and no point fund either. That is not the same thing and they will never admit it. The guys that travel with these series are going to pay an entry fee because they get it back in return. Every regional series will have a dozen to maybe 16 guys that follow along. They are GOOD enough that they will make the show and get the start money. Not to mention we are talking about SUPER LATE MODELS. Not some cheap factory stock. If a $100 entry keeps you from racing, then you are in the wrong class.

I don't comment on theses kind of post,but I'm gonna say this.
    I think that this should be between the series and owner-drivers and not fans.
    I will go to any race that I choose on any giving weekend with out thinking if it has a entry fee or not.
    The man has giving you all the figures and shown you the expense's it takes to put a race on.
    He has put his name and phone number out for every one to see.
    Do you have the guts to put your name and number out for all to see???

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Well good for Florence. Florence is unsanctioned and they don't have to charge an entry fee.

Like every regional series charges the exact same rate. The entry fee goes to the series. What part about that don't you understand?

When Ray Cooks deal comes to Florence.... Are you gonna whine and pout because he's gonna charge an entry fee????
    First of all you,and simcrewchief99 get out your crayons and paper and take notes,as both of you must have a problem understanding and comprehending the King's English!

I say again,I am not opposed to a entry fee!But the entry fee must be Commensurable with the end result,(I.E.$3000.00 to win $400.00 to start,$105.00 entry fee,is way out of line.)

Again huskerdirt every series doesn't require the same fees.

Now,to answer your last question,(When Ray Cooks Old Mans Garage series comes to Florence Speedway,will you whine and cry,or as you put it pout,about the entry fee?)The answer is NO!Reason is the entry fee is in line,with the payout.$100.00 to enter,for the opportunity to win $5000.00,(NOT $3000.00 that the ULTIMATE bob series pays.) Oh"I almost forgot $450..00 to start.

And yes husker,Florence pays a point fund!
    Last edited by lazermod3; 04-10-2016 at 08:26 AM.
    you just got greased

It is reasonable when the man who owns it lays it out there for ya. But you'll just keep arguing a mute point, so carry on.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    It is reasonable when the man who owns it lays it out there for ya. But you'll just keep arguing a mute point, so carry on.
    What is the so-called MAN laying out there for me?I surely don't know.
    you just got greased

If the drivers running the series don't have a problem with the entry fee and they show up to run the series. What the heck does it matter what someone who isn't going to run the series thinks.

Port Royal speedway ran a UFO series race that was $3000 to win $300 to start and the super late model entry fee was $25

Is Florence running a 3-5k show 2-3 times a month and or every time they open the gates? I bet not. The Ultimate show has good purse every time they race.

The southern tour has a 20k to win race at VMS. I guess you wouldn't want to pay entry fee for that either.

Too funny won't pay entry fee for 400 to win but will pay for 450 to win just because it is 5k to win.
    Bottom line is only 1 driver is walking away with top money. Either you want to race or you don't.

I know it's not quite the same but been to a lot of go kart races & pay a $25 entry fee to win a $100.00 to win & only top 3 get paid. Guess no one should support go kart racing either.

Man/ owner of series has a business plan to make it successful for both drivers, fans & himself no differnt than other companies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium Block View Post
    what no one has stated that most series if you don't make the feature you get your entry fee back. Yes some unsaction races pay 3000 to win and no entry fee but what do they pay to start. If it's 250 to start then you make less than a carolina clash race which has a 100 dollar entry fee but pays 400 to start each race. Also on an unsaction race the promoter will adjust the purse based on car count and crowd. With a saction race you have a set purse and the purse won't be cut. It's worth the entry fee to have this piece of mind. Also if you support the series you get your entry fee back and more at the end of the year. We ran the Carolina clash and there was a couple of races that paid 3000 with a 100 entry fee but at the end of the year we got a 5000 check will you get that from an unsaction race

If you whining little @$$holes don't like the price on the menu, stick with Mickey D's and don't worry about what anyone else is charging... again 4m has went from a great racing forum to a place for the b!tch & not so famous...

Around this part of the country,Ohio,Kentucky and Indiana there are $3000.00 to $5000.00 to win races without any sort of entry fee whatsoever.Hell if that's the norm where you go to race,you and your group should come up here to race and save money.

Yes,they are paying $400.00 to start the feature,(THAT'S IF YOU MAKE IT,)It's like buying a $105.00 lottery ticket to win $400.00.

Remember it's the racer thats puts on the show,not the bob series,nor fastrak.
    Sorry, but the lottery analogy is rubbish..........in a lottery, it's 100% chance......in a race it's 100% talent, desire and equipment with a little bit of good luck tossed in.

If 105 is an issue to race , I would suggest buying 105 in lottery tickets every Saturday night........sound like it might be more profitable for you.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The Drivers say that they are good with it so what is the Big B!tch over it.. Man some people will wine and wine and wine..You not paying it they are so LET IT GO my God......

What is the so-called MAN laying out there for me?I surely don't know.
    Stan Lester. He owns Fastrack and the Ultimate Series, at least the BoB portion. Been at for awhile now, he responded, even though he had no need to, he did. But he just wasted his time, because you're still saying the same stuff.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 04-10-2016 at 04:09 PM.