Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    no crap dummy everyone knows that Florence runs mods but why its not a mod show get it I would gladly pay the 8 dollars more to not see mods that I don't know or don't care
    I'm not even going to argue with you anymore over this, cuz this isn't about florence at all. You don't have the brain power to understand how the format works at the n/s or dream/world to keep from killing the crews and everyone else that is involved that weekend.

Myself I like the the 2 day shows. It gets me away from the house for a couple days. I'm not as crazy about the format that they use for the Bad Boy as I am for other shows nowadays. It wouldn't keep me from attending though.

why is not about Florence same lame brain format as Batesville maybe why you have the dream the world the Knoxville nationals both of them the rest is just practice ,going to a race anf not see a feature is liking g9ing on a date with your sister waut a second we are in ark . Carry on lol
    Last edited by old fan; 04-11-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Two day shows for only events $40,000 or more... Or get creative with the two day shows like the PDC (FALS Draw race on Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'm not even going to argue with you anymore over this, cuz this isn't about florence at all. You don't have the brain power to understand how the format works at the n/s or dream/world to keep from killing the crews and everyone else that is involved that weekend.

Myself I like the the 2 day shows. It gets me away from the house for a couple days. I'm not as crazy about the format that they use for the Bad Boy as I am for other shows nowadays. It wouldn't keep me from attending though.
    Its more entertaining watching paint dry than it is reading what lite-inn has to say. I don't know how many times this guy has been banned, but you'd think that he would get the clue the first time that they aren't welcomed here.

The track website shows only 1 support class on Saturday night. Is that no longer the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Peopleschamp15 View Post
    Two day shows for only events $40,000 or more... Or get creative with the two day shows like the PDC (FALS Draw race on Friday)
    Yep, creativity is an excellent suggestion......good post.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Phone Number: 870-251-0011
    Tracks Promoter: Mooney Starr – (870) 251-1817 or (870) 251-0011
    GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 35.72080 - Longitude: -91.73912
    Directions: Eight miles west of Batesville, at the junction of SR 14 & SR 25, located on Heber Springs Road
    Description: 3/8 mile, semi-banked clay oval

Friday-Saturday - April 15th-16th
    Bad Boy 98
    98 Laps - $20,000-to-win!

Friday April 15th

Pit Gates Open - 3:00PM

Grandstand Gates Open - 4:00PM

Drivers Meeting 7:00PM

Hot Laps 7:30PM

Street Stocks
    Hobby Stocks

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series

Factory Stocks
    IMCA Modifieds

Time Trials 8:00PM
    Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (2 Laps)

Invocation and National Anthem

Heats

Street Stocks – 8 Laps

Hobby Stocks – 8 Laps
    IMCA Modified – 8 Laps
    Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series – 12 Laps

Features
    Street Stocks – 15 Laps
    Hobby Stocks – 12 Laps
    IMCA Modifieds – 20 Laps
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saturday April 16th

Pit Gates Open - 3:00PM

Grandstand Gates Open – 4:00PM

Dirt Racing Outreach Service 4:30 – 5:30PM

AUTOGRAPH SESSION 5:30PM – 6:30PM

DRIVERS’ MEETING 7:00PM

Hot Laps 7:30PM
    Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series B-Main Cars

Street Stocks

Invocation and National Anthem

B-Mains 8:00PM
    Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series – 15 Laps

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Hotlaps Top 18 (Heat Transfers)

Street Stock Heats – 8 Laps
    Street Stocks Feature – 15 Laps

Intermission As Needed

(10-Minute Call, Track Prep/PA Announcements/Driver Introductions)

I am sorry dirt 33, you are correct. Looks like only 1 class for Saturday.

Almost bet the Street Stocks put on a better show then the Late Models.

Serious question, as someone who has never been to Batesville and is kicking around the idea of heading that way this Saturday... Is the racing not that good? The last post just made me curious. I have enjoyed watching the last couple Topless 100s on MavTV, and thought that the track looks pretty unique.

The racing will be very good as long as its not a day race. Weather is looking great so that's not going to be a factor. TV does the place no justice. It's a big 3/8ths mile with a fair amount of banking so we are toting the mail around the joint. I am sure if the track is like usual, it will be near wide open during time trials. If you have never been there you need to go and mark it off your bucket list. If you go in the pits, make sure to stand up next to the track as far down the wall on turn 3 entry as you can go on the concrete step. I promise you the speed they carry will make you flinch.

It helps the surface not to get to dry . so it can be racy come feature time

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    The racing will be very good as long as its not a day race. Weather is looking great so that's not going to be a factor. TV does the place no justice. It's a big 3/8ths mile with a fair amount of banking so we are toting the mail around the joint. I am sure if the track is like usual, it will be near wide open during time trials. If you have never been there you need to go and mark it off your bucket list. If you go in the pits, make sure to stand up next to the track as far down the wall on turn 3 entry as you can go on the concrete step. I promise you the speed they carry will make you flinch.
    Thank you for the info slmcrewchief99. Work schedule won't allow me to be there on Friday night. So, I am a bit hesitant to make the drive late Friday night/early Saturday morning knowing that I will only see a B main and the A main on Saturday night. But, I am still thinking about it, as I really would like to get to Batesville Motor Speedway.

Where do campers park? I am mainly curious about this given that I will arrive in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday, long after all other campers will be on site and situated. Just wanting to get some idea, so that I can pull in there as quietly as possible, and have a general idea of where I am headed. Is there quite a bit of room, or is it limited?

There is nothing wrong with Florence's 2-day show for the North-South under the new format. Friday night has all those heat races (double heat races, I think they had 12 heats), and the racing in those has been as good as any feature.

dirt33, a couple years back on Friday night for the Topless I parked in the regular fans parking on the hill behind the grandstands, then after the races I just drove down the hill and by the pit gate and found a safe looking spot in the grass around some other rv's, parked there for the night and slept in the back of my SUV. Then in the morning I went to town and ran around and then parked back up on the fan hill again. Plenty of room there.
    Last edited by zach51; 04-12-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Thank you zach.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium Block View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Florence's 2-day show for the North-South under the new format. Friday night has all those heat races (double heat races, I think they had 12 heats), and the racing in those has been as good as any feature.
    I really like the new Florence format for the N/S.

Dirt33 the camping at Batesville is pretty much anywhere you want to. When you turn in the east end of the track at the pit gate there will be campers starting right there. The parking is 150 yards wide or close to it on that end and just gets wider on to the west towards the track. You could easily park 350 campers between the pit gate road and the grandstand road, and there is more camper parking past that. You will have plenty of room to find a spot. I will tell you that it's a hell of a walk from the pit gate end to the grandstand side. So if you are doing stands only then park down that way. If not, by the time walk 500yrds to the hill, and then you climb the hill to the stands, you will be begging for mercy. That hill can be a b1tch if your fat and out of shape like I am. lol

I'm still not sure if we are going to race there, somewhere else, or not at all. If we decide not to race, I am coming anyway. I will drive my RV up Saturday after lunch sometime to watch too. I'll be out next to the highway in a gold and black Fleetwood Bounder that has a full slide on the driver side and a small bedroom slide on the other. If you see me parked there, please come beat on the door. That goes for anyone else that reads this. Be cool to shake some 4m members hands for a change. Cell service isn't good there but it does work. I will p.m. some of yall that are coming and give you my cell number if I know for sure I am coming.

Alan
    slmcrewchief99

Two day showed are designed to increase the income of the race facility. Most of the time there is no justification for it. There are just not that many LM entries to justify it anymore. But they will throw in a bunch of other classes to get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Hot laps time trials and heat races only on Friday?Thanks but I think I'll save my vacation days and money for tracks that will give fans AND drivers a feature both nights.
    its not a ripoff dude been that way a long time now I don't like 2 day shows either they are becoming less and less finally