Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

yes he will ,he told me a couple weeks ago

Boys if this place races anything like macon or belleville and noise and ventalation works out it will get to be a WAY bigger and popular event than the chili bowl mark my words....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Boys if this place races anything like macon or belleville and noise and ventalation works out it will get to be a WAY bigger and popular event than the chili bowl mark my words....
    You evidently have never been to the Chili Bowl

For an event like this would be cool to see special invites for series champions & maybe have a shoot out 1 night kinda like the Sprint Cup deal @ Charlotte.

Would need to figure out what series would qualify for invite I know there are a lot. Would be neat to see 20 cars in a special race & all were series champions.

Just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    Chili bowl couldn't race full size cars

3D rendering of the track from their website... http://www.gatewaydirt.com/fan-info/track-renderings/
    Barbecuebich.... the main cause of diarrhea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    For an event like this would be cool to see special invites for series champions & maybe have a shoot out 1 night kinda like the Sprint Cup deal @ Charlotte.

Would need to figure out what series would qualify for invite I know there are a lot. Would be neat to see 20 cars in a special race & all were series champions.

Just an idea
    Love this idea........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

bought tickets last night with hotels... going fast there wasn't a whole lot left

Tickets or hotel rooms? That would mean that they would have sold something like 60,000 tickets? All hotels in St. Louis area are booked?

just tickets.... but I was surprised to see that I guess a lot of people are wanting to see this happen me included so we are going

Quote Originally Posted by GotDirt1313 View Post
    3D rendering of the track from their website... http://www.gatewaydirt.com/fan-info/track-renderings/
    If that rendering is anywhere close to accurate for floorspace surrounding the track, you are all going to be disappointed I fear. The rendering with the cars on the track has to be WAYYYY off. No way will it be that wide (it's just not possible)

I've seen SuperCross at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis and they didn't have anywhere close to that amount of space around the track (the seats aren't removed, they will just be covered by sponsor tarps down low). This feels like a one lane wreck-fest to me....hope I'm wrong.

60k tickets sold already?...........No way in hell.

This is all starting to sound to good to be true.......and you know what they say about things like that.

I wish them well and still considering a trip to see it, but I'm tiring of the implied demand marketing tactics for this event.

I don't believe they are offering seating in the turns.... Believe it or not I here from a lot of friends saying they have bought tickets, a lot of them have said "it would be cool to go and see, haven't been to a race in years, I remember my father takng me years ago when I was a kid..." And another things is the dome is surrounded by gobs of big business and those people will buy ticket packages and hand them out as incentives regardless of what the event is as long as its well promoted, which so far seems they are doing a great job at that...

if they sold 60k tickets, they have sold out already. The place only holds 66965 for football and a lot of the lower seats won't even be available (too close to the track or reserved for pit area spectators according to the map).

Quote Originally Posted by Mcklovin85.. View Post
    I don't believe they are offering seating in the turns.... Believe it or not I here from a lot of friends saying they have bought tickets, a lot of them have said "it would be cool to go and see, haven't been to a race in years, I remember my father takng me years ago when I was a kid..." And another things is the dome is surrounded by gobs of big business and those people will buy ticket packages and hand them out as incentives regardless of what the event is as long as its well promoted, which so far seems they are doing a great job at that...
    Good point..........

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    That is not going to happen. It would take many, many highly successful years to even remotely come close to the Chili Bowl. Also, I don't know if it is true or not, but I have heard that this may be a one-time only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    That poster clearly never has been there and evidently has no idea how popular it is.

I believe they have only opened like 8,000 seats so far. I would imagine open more as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDeepInTheFluff View Post
    I believe they have only opened like 8,000 seats so far. I would imagine open more as needed.
    Much more plausible.........

Quote Originally Posted by FourDeepInTheFluff View Post
    My seats and hotel been paid for, hope I'm in the 8,000.