Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peoria

Default Peoria

Anyone know what the delay is at Peoria? Patrick Davis??
    Last edited by Dirt Draggin; 05-14-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Looks like it's still going on. He hasn't posted anything about the late models yet bud.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Looks like it's still going on. He hasn't posted anything about the late models yet bud.
    Ryan Unzicker won.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Ryan Unzicker
    Billy Moyer Jr.
    Billy Drake
    Billy Moyer
    Jason Feger

Photo finish......closest I've seen in a while

A lot of us thought Jr had won. That was a close one.
    8/13/16

After further review... maybe the track management should take a closer look at that finish- WOW

Its to bad someone can't get the track conditions under control. Terrible car count for $5000 to win and $25 to get in and $10 a kid. I will by-pass this track from now on. It was a good feature thanks to lap traffic to keep the top guys close

get a clue many tracks are struggling with car counts ,some times you say wth 45 cars for 2500 o win then you get 17 for crates foe 4 k to win 25 bucks is way to high and kids under 12 should be free

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    get a clue many tracks are struggling with car counts ,some times you say wth 45 cars for 2500 o win then you get 17 for crates foe 4 k to win 25 bucks is way to high and kids under 12 should be free
    And you should be turned away at the gate !!!! hahahhahahahhaa

you mean like you at Brownstown

I live 5 min from this track, I'm shocked they even raced with the amount of rain we had leading up to this race. Really hard to prep a track with that amount of rain. I thought it was a decent show.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Will 2006 I paid 19.50 each for 2 seats in the A sec. at I UofI B Ball game ... Last year I paid 150 bucks each for the same seats....So if you look at it 25 bucks is cheap by today prices .. Dont mean he have too like it...Just have to Live with it......

I do not even consider these tracks together on any level, but heres a comparison......Fals last week, 10K to win $25 to get in. Peoria 5K $25 to get in and a ton of fans left before late model ran due to cold temps. running lates last was pathetic. Terrible track that is ran very poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by tracksmack View Post
    I do not even consider these tracks together on any level, but heres a comparison......Fals last week, 10K to win $25 to get in. Peoria 5K $25 to get in and a ton of fans left before late model ran due to cold temps. running lates last was pathetic. Terrible track that is ran very poorly.
    You dont all was get what you pay for..If you compare Tracks too Fairbury.. Most would not get a good Grade..Peoria Could be a Nice track Not so much right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by tracksmack View Post
    I have my issues with Peoria and it has nothing to do with me it has to do with how they treated a friend of mine. With that being said I will stick up for them in this case. Peoria does not have the seating capacity that Fairbury has and has to charge more to get in. Now I'm not going to say the could have charged 20.00 instead of 25.00 I don't know because I don't do the books but, you have to take that into consideration of the seating capacity plus let's not forgot they have to make money or why would they even do this. I think some people forget about this part of it. I think some think the promoters do this for free and nobody in their right mind would do this for free. Most track nowadays need races like this just to keep going. Now as far as the track prep they did get quite a bit of rain and that could have contributed to the condition of the track. I watched Atomic and Peoria was no more rougher then Atomic was. I would be curious to hear their reason as to why they did run the late model feature last because I don't want to assume why they did although I have my assumption but, that wouldn't be fair to them to say without really knowing.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-16-2016 at 04:23 PM.

my prob is run lates first. sanction should do away w invert or atleast draw invert

Not even on a regular night at Peoria do they run Late Models last. Only reason they did it this past week was to try and sell a few more hot dogs and beverages to make up the difference. I live 10 mins from the track, and wish I would of drove the extra 40 minutes and went to FALS this past weekend. This was my first trip to Peoria this year, and will be my last. The owner sat in the office eating brownies, while everyone in the grandstands complained about running the Late Models last. I hope they have to pay a fine for their curfew violation too, Late Models werent on the track til 11, and curfew is at 11 (last i had heard).
    2018:

Never been and by every video I watch from DOD it will probably stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt FANatic 11 View Post
    Not even on a regular night at Peoria do they run Late Models last. Only reason they did it this past week was to try and sell a few more hot dogs and beverages to make up the difference. I live 10 mins from the track, and wish I would of drove the extra 40 minutes and went to FALS this past weekend. This was my first trip to Peoria this year, and will be my last. The owner sat in the office eating brownies, while everyone in the grandstands complained about running the Late Models last. I hope they have to pay a fine for their curfew violation too, Late Models werent on the track til 11, and curfew is at 11 (last i had heard).
    Glad we skipped this race, I can't believe they ran the late models last especially considering how cold it was, fans feel trapped. Oh yea the 10k show the week before Fairbury ran late models first.