Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moyer leading Pierce???

On the last restart (lap 26, I think), dirt on dirt video shows Bobby leading, even lap before! With the track just taking rubber, I think Billy got a little lucky with scoring at that moment of the race.

Who cares all that matters is who was leading the last lap? Moyer rules and pierce drools.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof25 View Post
    On the last restart (lap 26, I think), dirt on dirt video shows Bobby leading, even lap before! With the track just taking rubber, I think Billy got a little lucky with scoring at that moment of the race.
    Moyer may have been ahead when the yellow came out. I don't know UMP rules, but maybe they freeze the field when the yellow flies. If so, then Moyer would have re-started first.

does it matter

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    does it matter
    If Pierce would have started 1st he would have won with the track taking rubber! So yes it does matter!

The raceivers tell all

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    If Pierce would have started 1st he would have won with the track taking rubber! So yes it does matter!
    listen to Bobby's interview. He says something to the effect of Moyer being just ahead. He raised no issues with it, why should you?

If you think Pierce would have won just because the track was starting to take rubber you must not really know anything about Billy Moyer! Mr.Smooth trumps "smooth operator" always.BTW,I still wonder how 32 got that nickname.He's already torn up more equipment than 21 has in his whole career?

Mr.Smooth trumps "smooth operator" always.BTW,I still wonder how 32 got that nickname.He's already torn up more equipment than 21 has in his whole career?[/QUOTE] pretty sure his mom put it on a teeshirt

Yes,probably so about the t-shirt. I thought it might have been a poke at Moyer since he got the better of Bob Pierce a lot when they raced in the "earlier days".

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    If you think Pierce would have won just because the track was starting to take rubber you must not really know anything about Billy Moyer! Mr.Smooth trumps "smooth operator" always.BTW,I still wonder how 32 got that nickname.He's already torn up more equipment than 21 has in his whole career?
    I was their, and Bobby should have been given the lead. If you go back a lap like they should have. And Bobby would have won that race, and if not him it would have been Feger. Moyer caught a lucky break when Feger and Bobby were racing hard for the lead. Moyer was back a ways. Another Senior citizen discount for Moyer!!!! Along with his heat races both nights. Starts out front all the time. But when he has so called mechanical problems (starts in the back) He can't come out. Because of the single file restart. Which he knows he won't win. Ironic how that works with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Mr.Smooth trumps "smooth operator" always.BTW,I still wonder how 32 got that nickname.He's already torn up more equipment than 21 has in his whole career?
    pretty sure his mom put it on a teeshirt[/QUOTE]

Smooth operator trumps and I mean trumps Mr. Smooth!!! Where was he soaking in the Ice tub? Mr. Smooth's Dad made his son's shirt's while in prison if you want to get stupid about it!!!!!

I bet you Pierce has won more at 19 than Moyer had at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by pkracer View Post
    I bet you Pierce has won more at 19 than Moyer had at his age.
    That is a great piece I forgot to add pkracer!!!! Thanks!!

133 races at 19 yrs of age

134 He won tonight at Wilmont

plunks,it doesn't matter if you were there or not.Since you said you were you should have told the flagman/mngmt they were wrong! Yes I suppose Billy has gotten lucky around 800 times,man don't you wish you could be that lucky? Wonder why 32 couldn't get back around 21? Now think about that before you blow something.Remember you inferred he is a sr citizen.Starts out front all the time? Good god that sounds like a fast qualifier to me(are you familiar with qualifying)? Whose stupid here? Stating Moyer's Dad made shirts in prison? Not familiar with Libel? The fact that Billy is 58 yrs old and you're making asinine comments about his abilities tells me you are likely a pre-pubescent kid.You will probably have to look that one up! Finally you bet is absurd,since Billy was racing bikes then- not late models.Apples to oranges.If Bobby is even racing at age 58,has 800+ wins,6 World 100's and well you should get it by now,then I will apologize to him and you.And learn when to use the word their and there.That would help show your IQ might be above 50.

Plunks, you sure you didn't have too many beers? I was there and I saw exactly what happened right in front of me. That yellow came right out after he passed both for the lead. Feger and Pierce did bang some doors on that exact same lap. Yea he started on the pole in his heat and so did Bobby, so your argument is invalid. They both started on the front row plus watching Feger riding the high side was the place to be in the early stages.

as far as senior citizen discount goes is not a nice thing to say to anyone because maybe someday you will be one. SMH!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I was their, and Bobby should have been given the lead. If you go back a lap like they should have. And Bobby would have won that race, and if not him it would have been Feger. Moyer caught a lucky break when Feger and Bobby were racing hard for the lead. Moyer was back a ways. Another Senior citizen discount for Moyer!!!! Along with his heat races both nights. Starts out front all the time. But when he has so called mechanical problems (starts in the back) He can't come out. Because of the single file restart. Which he knows he won't win. Ironic how that works with him.
    They use transponders for scoring, it's not a judgement call on who was where. Also, I will ask again, Pierce never once questioned the deal so why should anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    133 races at 19 yrs of age
    I believe Wilmot was SLM win #60. Still quite an accomplishment tho.