Default rpm/hp/electrical problem???

I have a stock car, the engine is 3 nights old, the problem I am having is the engine comes on about the middle of the front stretch. I have the same or more gear then most cars, more gear then I ran with the same engine combination the last time. I've done a leak down test, all under 10%, put a fresh carb on, new plug wires, new air cleaner, checked lash, I don't know what else to look for,

MSD dizzy polarity if used. Bad tach, disconnect. Ignition coil. Ignition timing. Cam timing is a possibility.

Running a msd, with digital box, quikcar remote recall tach, moroso insulated plug wires, 4412 carb,

Before it starts running does it bang or pop or cut out or anything? Or just no power? May of degreed the cam in wrong

No. It starts fine, no pop or bang. Cam is degreed in where it's supposed to be, new timing chain,

Did it ever run correct since apart?

It ran good a few weeks back, but now it's lazy til halfway down the straight.

check your timing again. if the dist. ever loosens up it will always retard the timing.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

What are the details/specs/components of the engine? Does it idle well? Perhaps it sucked the intake gasket or some other vacuum leak? Fuel quality can be a major issue.
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 07-06-2016 at 04:14 PM.

had a local guy having a similar problem, he found the balancer turned and timing was 23 instead of 36, not the first time I saw this with stock dampers

It's a aftermarket balancer, I timed it at 36 on the 0 mark, and at 0 on the 36 mark, none of the plugs look to be burning any oil, I buy fuel from the race track, the same truck that supplies the other cars

chassis dyno. Saves so much time and money. First stop I make with any new car or new motor. Tune it on the dyno, have numbers of when everything is right. Think you have a problem..... you will know in 2 pulls on the dyno and if you do you can figure it out pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) quick with all the info in front of you. Eric