Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It wasn't just about the air crew. You are correct they are paid, but all the other first responders in the area aren't.

Time management was worse this year. But don't have to be back to work till tomorrow. Racing was very good again this year minus the last lap pass. I'd go with 8.5.

I had a ball... not often you see a 100 lapper and still have decent track conditions. I DID bring back about a pound of FALS dirt in my hair, eyes, clothes, etc... loved every minute of it.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

It was one of the best races that I saw this year, but the Show-Me 100 was definitely a better race and more entertaining. The time management was extremely poor, partially due to having way to many B-Features and non-qualifiers races. Overall, I would give it an 8 on a 10 point scale.

Hmmm, now there are too many races during the PDC. That and complaints on here that the PA was too loud which allows fans to actually hear the announcers while the cars are on the track. While I agree people can have their opinions on any topic, this just proves no matter how hard a track tries to get it right, you can't please all the fans all the time. I'm just glad FALS does it right darn near all the time and when they don't they try to fix it. One thing that is out of the track's control is the number of cautions (yellow or red flags) and there was a significant amount over the weekend that slowed the show down, IMO. PS...no, I don't have my FALS blinders on.

PA tuning is definitely on the list of fixes

Disclaimer: I'm absolutely a homer - I live 8 blocks from the track.

Friday night racing was awesome. 9.5 out of 10.
    The big race on Saturday night was average on the #FALS standard. Honestly - the past few years have been SO (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good that anything less than what happened the past few years was going to be a bit of a let down.

Most all of the drivers that I saw commenting about the track said it was great. I've seen a total of one team bitch about the racing surface, but they were yapping about it before the weekend even started (Heckenasts guys on twitter.) And thats completely fine. If they want to race dry-slick every (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) weekend, then FALS probably isnt the place for them. Simple as that. Its a small track that is normally NOT dry-slick. Its not like most other tracks, and that is part of what makes it so special IMO.

Do I wish that we could have seen a repeat of the last few years of big shows? Absolutely, but I realize that every single big race will not end up like that. I think had Pierce stayed off of the wall, he may have had something for Richards - its just too bad we'll have to wait until next year to see it.

We have raised the bar so high for ourselves, anything less than perfect is a bit of a letdown. We will all work harder to improve on the things that we feel were not perfect and try to make it better. Overall it was a great weekend, It wasn't what the last 3 have been, but it was pretty darn good. Thanks everyone for the positive comments, we see some issues and will work on the ones we have control over.
    Last edited by Fairbury Speedway; 08-03-2016 at 02:49 PM.

As a paying customer and avid race fan my suggestion is stop putting on the sideshows like the helicopter thing that slow down the program and leave that Chicago shyster at home and let a local kid from the high school sing the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    As a paying customer and avid race fan my suggestion is stop putting on the sideshows like the helicopter thing that slow down the program and leave that Chicago shyster at home and let a local kid from the high school sing the anthem.
    I wouldn't have a problem with a local singing the anthem, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)....the guy from the other night was flat out incredible!!!!!

Unfortunately I myself had been hyping this race up all summer so I had extremely high expectations. Only because the last couple PDC's have been amazing. But other than the Heats, I was really disappointed in the track/racing for the weekend. Aside from Bobby and a couple guys in the feature it seemed like minimal passing all weekend. The track for the summer nationals race was way better than for the PDC. The best racing was the 5k Mod race to cap the weekend off. I also had higher expectations for the Latemodel car count, I guess a couple of guys who normally race the PDC decided to take easy money elsewhere. (Mars, Simpson, etc..) I got stuck sitting next to a couple of people who had no clue what they were talking about which made the weekend long, and also a couple of locals who think they own the grandstands because they come every weekend. I agree that FALS needs to stop bringing in more bells and whistles for the event. Just stick to the racing. And stop letting the crowd dictate the Draw. The local guys got put up front fell to the back in a matter of laps. Thorsten being up front caused the pile up in the back. I love the local guys but they were all pretty terrible all weekend aside from the heats when the cushion wasn't there. Also the extremely narrow seating is a bit much, invest in more stands instead of Corneilson. Now while my whining session is over on another note its still the best facility and race track I have been too. And living 40 mins away from the best track in America is a blessing. And most people crying about PDC fans having blinders are the ones that sit at home and watch everything on PPV. The PDC will be a "Crown Jewel" before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG36fan View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with a local singing the anthem, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)....the guy from the other night was flat out incredible!!!!!
    They paid him $3,000 for 2 minutes of work he better be good.

You know its a high bar when three cars racing for the lead on lap 96 is let down. It may not be the best race of year but was still exciting and didnt know who was going to win even with 2 laps to go. I am in agreement with how long the show ran as well. I think they will look into that. As for the scramble events I assumed those were just chances for guys to make some money for coming. Perhaps just increase the starting pay in the other events. I will give the track credit they try different things each year some work some dont. As for track conditions I know the staff and crew probably talked to a lot of drivers asking opinions. They ultimately are the ones who matter when it come to the surface, and of course not everyone is going to agree some tracks fit guys styles better than others. And as an oddity at FALS wish Bobby wouldnt have broke thought that was going to be an exciting show of cross overs.

As for the anthem singer, money was raised by fans and supporters for that so why not.

I am going next year that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    They paid him $3,000 for 2 minutes of work he better be good.
    Worth every penny. Makes the hair stand up on my arms every time.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I am going next year that's for sure
    Fairbury is a older farm town that has older sidewalks. Be sure to put larger tennis balls on your walker.
    8/13/16

^winner winner chicken dinner

I will remember that maybe I could use the tennis balls for weapon hitting everyone in a race shirt but 'I 'VE BEEN THERE THE SIDEWALKS DO NEED SOME WORK NOW CHOP CHOP GET THE FIXED

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Fairbury is a older farm town that has older sidewalks. Be sure to put larger tennis balls on your walker.
    LOL!!! Nice work Highside.