Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

To Old Fans point, he is correct, just bolting up a tire airing it up, and maybe stretching a little, makes my life a lot easier, i mean a lot. Tires now days, just running weekly is the bulk of the work usually.

Just say no...

No way u can run a right front 20 there for 100 laps.

you have to protect your tires you can't run balls to the walls all the time and expect good results

plus it takes one thing not to be concerned about now can they do something about the shocks

What are they going to do when someone totals a race car due to their RF either blowing or glazing up under caution and they turn into the wall? I think the Lucas deal was an ok deal but putting 4 tires on not siped or cut is asking for trouble in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigracer93 View Post
    What are they going to do when someone totals a race car due to their RF either blowing or glazing up under caution and they turn into the wall? I think the Lucas deal was an ok deal but putting 4 tires on not siped or cut is asking for trouble in my opinion.
    Consider the source........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bigracer93 View Post
    More reason to head west the week after.

The buffing part of the rule is awful. The no sipes or grooves part just seems to be a distraction to the juicing to make fans think something is happening.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The buffing part of the rule is awful. The no sipes or grooves part just seems to be a distraction to the juicing to make fans think something is happening.
    What part of the buffing is "awful"? You can buff the tires as always. What you can't do is turn the disc on edge and cut into the tire(which would be stupid anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    What part of the buffing is "awful"? You can buff the tires as always. What you can't do is turn the disc on edge and cut into the tire(which would be stupid anyway).
    It has already been discussed here. It is ambiguous about what grinding is OK and what isnt .
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Have to give it up to BBQ here, he was adamant that changes were-a-comin', and nobody wanted to jump on that bandwagon...

I'm not sure that implementing what amounts to an experiment with all 4 tires is a wise thing to do for any 100 lap race, let alone the most important late model race of the year. Maybe for the heat races or another time, but I'd much rather have seen them take a softer approach like Lucas did since this is new territory. A rule for all 4 tires seems knee-jerk at best, dangerous at worst.

If their is issue I am sure it will be addressed

Betcha testing I know the mods had a test for their new tire

It should be interesting. There will be 20s on the RF and LR that will last the whole 100 laps. There will be some that don't last. I think what is confusing some is when a un-cut un-siped tire fires or gets enough heat to work. I believe Moran said it was around 30 laps before the LR started to work. You don't abuse the tire, till it has heat and works. That alone knocks it down to a 70 lap race. Any yellow flags can add to that also. Then the biggie, Who is setting up tight or loose. This changes the distribution of wear from tire to tire. All I can say, is Ill be betting on the cushion pounder. I don't see much of a chance for the Catfish.

When you have rules like this, it penalizes certian driving styles and not others. How can that be a fair tire rule?
    Last edited by Bubstr; 08-16-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    Have to give it up to BBQ here, he was adamant that changes were-a-comin', and nobody wanted to jump on that bandwagon...

I'm not sure that implementing what amounts to an experiment with all 4 tires is a wise thing to do for any 100 lap race, let alone the most important late model race of the year. Maybe for the heat races or another time, but I'd much rather have seen them take a softer approach like Lucas did since this is new territory. A rule for all 4 tires seems knee-jerk at best, dangerous at worst.
    It wasn't really a bandwagon, was just more about common sense.......and a lot of listening while others were talking.

I like the Lucas approach a little better, but am equally as happy with both since they know what they were using wasn't exactly working........to fix a problem,you need to admit you have one first.

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post

i know of at least three angry people that could have gone all day without reading your post........thanks for that little extra gravy.

It won't make any difference, Bloomer will figure out this tire rule just like he has every other one.OHH! wait nevermind!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    No way u can run a right front 20 there for 100 laps.
    I was thinking the same thing. Ive never been there but it looks like slick asphalt by the end of the night!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

This is a sad day for auto racing, while I assume the goal is to stop cheating, however they do not address cheating with the rule. They do assure that each team will have to purchase multiple sets of new tires even if they did not want to. The top guys will always have new shoes on and this probably does not effect them much, at least budgetary. That said the field fillers often re-use tires, prime example would be the LF. I do understand that the prep time would be much less since you don't have to cut them, however I do not know what this accomplishes as it comes to cheating, I still am bringing tires from home that I had in my shop.

This accomplishes:

1. Everybody will be buying new tires, regardless of their existing supply.
    2. People that don't know any better will assume this prevents tire cheating (security theater)
    3. further puts us down the road to where all tires will be purchased on race day for that event to prevent cheating (thus killing small teams).
    4. Sells a ton of tires, burning up 20's left and right will ensure you keep the tire man busy.

I do not think this is a good thing overall and I think it puts us down the road to push more and more small teams out. Fans want to see 100+ car fields or even 80 car fields, that will go to lucky to get 50 if it continues.

I guess we only have fellow racers to blame, the sport is going to struggle because of self inflicted gunshot wounds. If they want to go to uncut tires then simple, mandate a tire like the D-55 that will hold up NATIONWIDE for 2017. we can burn up what is out there for the rest of this year and next year everybody knows not to cut them, and can plan accordingly.
    Last edited by zeroracing; 08-16-2016 at 07:36 PM.

The tires would be fine if the track doesn't go dry slick or take rubber and wear them out. OOPs! That would mean preparing a heavy track. Wouldn't that be awful.