Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Yea your right, this is Bloomquist, let's reflect back to how he done in that truck race, and the chilli bowl. Thats the last 2 times he's stepped out and raced another car on dirt and he got his a$$ kicked. He's not going up there and racing a bunch of other late model guys that decided to drive a mod like he did 04, these ol boys race for a living. Don't believe me, go find the results to that race.

I respect Scott and his knowledge, I just don't see him or anyone else that don't drive mods for living going up there and taking that money from them.
    He hasen't been gettin his a$$ kicked as of late. and by the way wheres all those
    Davenport lovers . If bloomer cant race there for the world , maybe their superhero
    can have a chance. And if he races the mod , well their game just steped up, if he goes
    we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by x5lives View Post
    Mods took over in the midwest because racers where no longer willing spend a ridiculous amount of money on a hobby. Most teams are self funded here, IMCA and Wissota have done what they can to keep costs down. Promoters here can also be held responsible as they do not wish to pay out a majority of their purse to the smallest field of cars. Unfortunately the mod thing here has gotten out of hand, too, and entries in the mod fields are quickly dwindling,too.
    Exactly, when IMCA went to the spec late model engine in 1996(I think) everyone had to run out and spend $10k in the middle of winter when they hadn't planned on it. We already had our brand new 383 in the car...not cool. Now, a lot of IMCA guys are spending $20k plus for a spec motor and of course some are way beyond that. The mods are pretty bad now too, but nothing like the Late Models. Here in Central Iowa, it's hard to find a full field of lates at any track on any night. Most of the time they might have 12 at best.

I think he will take home the check if he runs it. Mods are a trickle down tech group from late models, not so with the trucks or the midget chili bowl example. In those examples he was going up a level not down a level. Not taking anything away from the mod drivers(i own one). Bloomer is at the top of that food chain and he will have better shocks hands down and no telling what else he has going on, on that thing. Might even have him some of those special tires. He said it in an interview last year when davenport was on his roll that if his wife had a faster gokart she would probably beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    mod drivers and teams have no business traveling out of their region but I DO LIKE 80 MODS FOR 3 K TO WIN AND 50 LATE FOR 2K TO WIN UMP STYLE
    You pay the bills? Then you have no idea what they have business doing. But we all know you have no business walking down the sidewalk.

Could not have picked a better year to start a big mod show, 40 K to win, Bloomquist and Owens suspended, let's go run a mod show in Wisconsin. If you haven't been to MTS, you're in for a great show! It's a great way to get a big mod show rolling.

The reason the car count for this race is like it is for this race is because the track cut off entries at a certain number

10 6 Brock Bauman 1141 10 $3,815 11 4 Cody Bauman 1125 10 1 $4,250 THOSE 2 COULDN'T GET OUT OF THEIR OWN WAY UNDER UMP RULES JUST SAYING
    that may be true, but....

https://www.facebook.com/bashbros46/...6798751064146/

isn't racing about having fun?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

and your point kinda hard to have fun when have to travel for every show ,my big question who in the hell will pay that purse

Maybe you can ask the Bash Bros why they chose USMTS. Believe it has to do with the high cost of UMP mods, poor teching, and the opportunity to race for more money on the USMTS circuit. It may be hard for someone in UMP country to understand, but they have never been at the forefront of modified racing. Yeah, those might be strong words.....

Thumbs up

Just a thought.
    If Scott and or Jimmy make the a-main what are the chances they have a top 5 / top 10 finish?
    Be willing to bet they test the cars before they get to the track.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by x5lives View Post
    Maybe you can ask the Bash Bros why they chose USMTS. Believe it has to do with the high cost of UMP mods, poor teching, and the opportunity to race for more money on the USMTS circuit. It may be hard for someone in UMP country to understand, but they have never been at the forefront of modified racing. Yeah, those might be strong words.....
    where is the money and by the way in UMP country they are a support class yeah I know that's hard to believe and every track I GO they do tech maybe that's why they left or is it they just couldn't keep up with legal UMP cars

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Just a thought.
    If Scott and or Jimmy make the a-main what are the chances they have a top 5 / top 10 finish?
    Be willing to bet they test the cars before they get to the track.
    if I remember correctly, jimmy owens was a great modified driver before going late model.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

But the mods have grown up since then just saying

Angry

But the mods have grown up since then just saying
    Mods may have grown up since then but you still haven't!
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

I'm excited to see Bloomer and Owen's in mods. I'm hoping someone streams the show.

Quote Originally Posted by chopter View Post
    I'm excited to see Bloomer and Owen's in mods. I'm hoping someone streams the show.
    Racindirt.com will have all 3 days live

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    that may be true, but....

https://www.facebook.com/bashbros46/...6798751064146/

isn't racing about having fun?
    Them boys do know how to have fun, but I just seen all their stuff was for sale cuz the racing account was dry..... sad news

DoD should bring a crew there as well as the world and have a double feature live on ppv

Any rumors as to what chassis they will be running? I assume Jimmy will be in an LG2

Ramirez' run LG2, rumor was that Bloomquist would be in a Lethal