Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

have you seen the under carriage of his car

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    There are so many different kinds of cars winning, do you suppose who drives it and who sets it up, has anything to do with it?
    Someone gets it 1. Good driver 2. Good car 3. Good Pit crew ....The 4 car driver in NASCAR (Pit crew is why we lost race)...Get a 100% out of driver and car means WINS...Good Pit crew helps you get a Good Car....

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Do you really believe the stuff you post???lmao
    Yes i do.. Do you post to mine just cause you dont like me.. Thank God the Driver you like is Way cooler then you are...I dont let D!ckweeds get too me ... LOL

One question, are they counting those 7 holes from the bottom up or the top down? Thinking I may have a 8 hole and missing the 1 and 2.

This is exactly why the bought cars don't run like the house cars. The handling characteristics don't come from numbered holes like a paint by number portrait. they come from percentage of Squat or roll center and unless your center of gravity is exactly the same as the house car, the number don't mean JACK. A 6 on one car could be the same as a 7 or 5 on another. These one size fits all chassis set ups are fine for the fresh guy to get a base line but they don't make winners out of all of them. If you want to blame one, blame them all. They try to dumb it down enough to be helpful.
    Last edited by Bubstr; 09-12-2016 at 11:12 AM.

One question, are they counting those 7 holes from the bottom up or the top down? Thinking I may have a 8 hole and missing the 1 and 2.

This is exactly why the bought cars don't run like the house cars. The handling characteristics don't come from numbered holes like a paint by number portrait. they come from percentage of Squat or roll center and unless your center of gravity is exactly the same as the house car, the number don't mean JACK. A 6 on one car could be the same as a 7 or 5 on another. These one size fits all chassis set ups are fine for the fresh guy to get a base line but they don't make winners out of all of them. If you want to blame one, blame them all. They try to dumb it down enough to be helpful.
    And your driver may Like the car with more Coming in to a turn and less coming off a turn.. So the set up on his car would not be the same as Bobby likes his....Thats why there is more then 1 hole.. You make 2 cars the same and put the same set up on both of them, and I bet they drive not the same...BUT i still think there is MORE holes on a HOUSE car...

Also, Bob Pierce or Mark Richards or whoever could put the exact same setup that the house car has under a customers car and it still might not be the right setup for said customer.

If you want to be consistently fast, you need to figure out the setups that fit your driving style, not the setups that fit Bobby Pierce or Josh Richards or whoever's driving style.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Pierce orders those laser cut brackets by the dozens to get a price break. Its the same bracket on all the cars weather its Bobby's car or not. Most of the time they only use the bottom 3 holes.
    Last edited by Wonder; 09-12-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    Pierce orders those laser cut brackets by the dozens to get a price break. Its the same bracket on all the cars weather its Bobby's car or not
    Bloomer he dont sell to all people He Picks and chooses..Erb said Bloomer gave him a sheet that had set ups to the way he likes too drive .. I just Think Dennis did not like the car...Hes been Looking for a car cents Rayburns Stopped working for him..... And I have spoken too people that says that not true about Bobbys car being the same...I know the people that told me that would not lie too me...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 09-12-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Did you used to work there? The brackets are the same but the type of tubing is not........
    Last edited by Wonder; 09-12-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    Did you used to work there?
    I know someone that got 2 cars there and he snapped a pic with his phone of bobbys frame when he was there when they were working on it and they were not the same...I seen the Pic and the cars me got and ...were not the same...He put a Bob set up on it and it DID not turn..he tryed all kind of set ups and they were gone in a mouth,,,

This is a good thread. No name calling or fighting just different opinions on a good subject.. The way it used to be on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    This is a good thread. No name calling or fighting just different opinions on a good subject.. The way it used to be on here.
    Haha....I was thinking the same thing...miss the days where you could have your own opinion and didn't get bashed for it

As far as the rockets go, I have only seen under a few of the xr1 cars. They all look identical with the exception of a couple different name brand rear ends. I looked under the car of Scott and I couldn't imagine him working at rocket for a living and being Marks brother in law that he would have anything different than Josh. I tell you the xr1 cars didn't like the slick Eldora this weekend

Just so everybody is aware a set of brackets probably runs about $40 total. In a short run the most one should pay would be maybe a one time CAD charge of $100-$150. Laser cutting is not terribly expensive at many shops.