Its still on his schedule
    He's at florence speedway

Quote Originally Posted by jrich2929 View Post
    He's at florence speedway
    Sorry i was refering to world finals
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Sorry i was refering to world finals
    Said last night they were done for the year till St Louie in Dec.
    8/13/16

Imagine that. Another excuse to dodge getting that as$ smoked. Said it was gonna be too cold in Charlotte. High of at least 76* all race week long. They though oh chit, all the fast guys are gonna be there and remember Portsmouth daddy??! Smh

maybe after as many nights they have ran he need to get stuff freshened up plus might have a few orders to fill you think

68 starts I WOULD SAY THATS ENOUGH

Old fang, I understand. He doesn't know that he doesn't have a chance in he!l. He just doesn't like those cold 79* days. Too cold to race. Burrrrr🌨🌬

yeah tell that to Kenny Wallace who is done racing until December its time to re group a lil r and r off season is very short this year

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Old fang, I understand. He doesn't know that he doesn't have a chance in he!l. He just doesn't like those cold 79* days. Too cold to race. Burrrrrˆeˆi
    tell us why he has won 2 crown jewels and 22 other features explain why he would not have a chance he has ready beat the field a number times

Imagine that. Another excuse to dodge getting that as$ smoked. Said it was gonna be too cold in Charlotte. High of at least 76* all race week long. They though oh chit, all the fast guys are gonna be there and remember Portsmouth daddy??! Smh
    And you're boy toy hero will be hiding down in Alabama that weekend. He thought, oh chit, Josh is gonna be there and remember Pittsburgh daddy???Smh
    8/13/16

lmao good one

Highside hater, I remember Pittsburg very well. Scott ran second to a very fast Richards. I also remember Pittsburgh being on the 32 schedule but he didn't show up there either. Other than Eldora, a cushion at Florence, and a disrespectful pass your boy is a midpack Lucas driver. You won't see him at Charlotte because his daddy doesn't like their chances. Bobby is the bully of Illinois. He needs to race with the big dogs and back that reputation as the 3rd best (caugh caugh) driver in the country up. He needs to let the locals win those 5k races in Illinois and quit picking those cherries.

he picked a bunch of cherries
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

You won't see him at Charlotte because his daddy doesn't like their chances.
    His official reasoning on Facebook was, "the payout isn't good enough to justify the drive." If you're coming to win the payout shouldn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    His official reasoning on Facebook was, "the payout isn't good enough to justify the drive." If you're coming to win the payout shouldn't matter
    The payout isn't good enough to justify the drive could be said about almost every race they go to except for the few that really pay big.......

They don't get paid enough IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yeah, that's a little weak in my book. How many 5k to win races, did they drive to, this year?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

The thing is, what he's saying is true, the payout (for all 3 divisions) doesn't justify the drive for 90% of the cars (in all divisions) that will be there this weekend.

It's a standard $12,000 to win purse ($800 to start) for LM and Sprints both nights. Big Blocks pay maybe $4000 to win Friday and $6000 to win on Saturday.

The WRG and Charlotte has buffaloed the fans and competitors for years making this event out to be a HUGE EVENT to end the year. The bottom line is that it's a HUGE EVENT for Charlotte and WRG and "just another race" for the race teams when it comes to $$$.

I for one don't blame any team that doesn't go to Charlotte (especially any based in the Midwest, they'll spend $4000 in fuel and hotels without turning a lap on the track). Even the winners of the races don't make much $$ at this event when you figure in all their expenses.

I feel bad for those that are forced to go because they are running for points/rookie of the year with ZERO chance of making the feature either night (Clyde Knipp in WoO Sprints comes to mind, his yearlong stats: Wins - 0; Top 5's - 0, Top 10's - 0; Quick Times - 0). Lives in southern Missouri and they just finished racing in Missouri and Oklahoma this past weekend. Has to make a 2000 mile round trip (30 hours of drivetime) to take a time trial lap on Thursday and miss the show both nights and collect tow $ ($500) - so basically he loses $1000 + Hotels and other expenses for pulling in the pitgate....

Lots of hoopla

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    The thing is, what he's saying is true, the payout (for all 3 divisions) doesn't justify the drive for 90% of the cars (in all divisions) that will be there this weekend.

It's a standard $12,000 to win purse ($800 to start) for LM and Sprints both nights. Big Blocks pay maybe $4000 to win Friday and $6000 to win on Saturday.

The WRG and Charlotte has buffaloed the fans and competitors for years making this event out to be a HUGE EVENT to end the year. The bottom line is that it's a HUGE EVENT for Charlotte and WRG and "just another race" for the race teams when it comes to $$$.

I for one don't blame any team that doesn't go to Charlotte (especially any based in the Midwest, they'll spend $4000 in fuel and hotels without turning a lap on the track). Even the winners of the races don't make much $$ at this event when you figure in all their expenses.

I feel bad for those that are forced to go because they are running for points/rookie of the year with ZERO chance of making the feature either night (Clyde Knipp in WoO Sprints comes to mind, his yearlong stats: Wins - 0; Top 5's - 0, Top 10's - 0; Quick Times - 0). Lives in southern Missouri and they just finished racing in Missouri and Oklahoma this past weekend. Has to make a 2000 mile round trip (30 hours of drivetime) to take a time trial lap on Thursday and miss the show both nights and collect tow $ ($500) - so basically he loses $1000 + Hotels and other expenses for pulling in the pitgate....

Lots of hoopla
    I agree on the purse for this race weekend. There should be alot more $ than what they pay. Before this yrs move up date,the woo banquet was held on sunday that wknd in charlotte.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post

Lots of hoopla
    I mostly agree, although the fact that the races are back to back at the same place probably plays into the decision making. Financially it is about the same as travelling to the PDC, Show Me 100, or something like that. A driver has a chance to make $24,000 if they were to win both nights, or $1,600 just for making the show both nights. Both pretty good -- drivers regularly travel farther for less money. With that said I think Charlotte could easily boost the purse to $20k each night for SLM and 410 and $10k each night for BBMs and they would still make profits into the 1000% range.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

They have increased the purse some since starting it. Just how much money is being made???? Total winning purse is 60,000 grand, for all three divisions. Plus rest of field pay out. Tickets are still reasonable. If you don't like it, don't go. Bobby and his family made a decision, so what. Love all these desk jockey promoters!!!!! Everyone would complain if tickets cost more. I haven't missed one, and lord willing will continue to go!