Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    And waved across the scales at Florence a few times for several years until some driver crews made a point to put an end to this wave through.
    Absolutely CW.Saw him try to run a sprint tire @ Thunder(horse track)Ky.They loved him in Ky,I guess.

I was at Fayetteville back in probably the early 2000's and Scott came up light at the scales of a Hav-A-Tampa race. Handed the win to Rick Eckert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    Absolutely CW.Saw him try to run a sprint tire @ Thunder(horse track)Ky.They loved him in Ky,I guess.
    Maybe he was stuffin some bills in their pockets to SEE NOTHING!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    then every series every track in the nation need accurate scales or close the place down , that being said one guy comes up light and the scales are wrong AND HE MADE WEIGHT THE WHOLE WEEKEND EXCEPT WHEN IT COUNTED IF YOU A TEAM MADE WEIGHT EARLY ON BUT NOT THEM GUESS WHAT ITS NOT THE SCALES FAULT IS IT
    The state of Ohio said the scales were wrong, so typing all caps won't change anything.

doesn't matter he made weight earlier on in the weekend did he not so why didn't make it when the money counts if you make once you cam make again anybody that runs that close to the limit will get burned its just a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    The state of Ohio said the scales were wrong, so typing all caps won't change anything.
    your right read this D IRTCAR UMP MINIMUM POST-RACE WEIGHT OF CAR WITH DRIVER IS WEIGHED ON TRACK SCALE***ELDORA POLICY: ONE ROLL OFF & RE-SCALE ATTEMPT ONLY – EXCEPT IN RARE INSTANCES (EIRI)“

I don't have to read anything, the state of Ohio inspected and the scales were not within spec, period.

Is it a risk to run so close to the minimum? Yes.

Whether he made weight earlier or not isn't truly relevant, because if the scales are off who's to say it wasn't malfunctioning and the base line was moving around. The same way it is a racers responsibility to make sure his car meets the minimum weight, it is the responsibility of the track and sanction to make sure the scales were accurate and functioning properly and they were not.

Would it have been advisable to run heavy in order to make up for scales inaccuracy? Yes.

Since he made weight earlier who's to say he didn't base his calculations off the number the scales gave then? Running as close to the minimum as possible is perfectly logical from a performance standpoint, we don't just buy all these light weight goodies just to have to add back extra lead... I know your one of those guys on here(4m) that cruises around trying to stir the pot to get your jollies and so this will be my last response to you on this matter.

Cheers

no just speaks the truth I do beleive this years winner was quite heavier then 2300 lbs its better to safe than sorry , you have 100 drivers that made weight but one doesn't and the scales are wrong really and certified don't make laugh how many tracks out there are using portable scales do you think those are certified I thiink not plus many of those scales MIGHT cross state line then who certifys them oh that's right they are certified before every event lmfao