Default OT: Ex-Lucas oil regular Jason Hughes Modified crash

I know it's not Late models, but this might be the hardest hitting crash on a dirt track. How he is not dead is a miracle.

Only link I could find is a Facebook live video. Fast forward to the 25 minute mark.
    https://www.facebook.com/jason.sperr...8713297156328/

That was massive. I can't believe he walked away from that.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I can't believe they thought that tire was gonna absorb that much of a blow.

Trying to understand your comment about the tire? Looks like it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Without it the car would have t-boned the edge of the concrete wall and either flipped over into a violent roll or killed the driver on impact.

Track has been that way since i can remember so around 30 years. My dad hit the back stretch opening back in the late 90's and broke his tail bone. Its a huge fast track, when you wreck you tear (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) up for days.

He got very lucky. And he also builds a helluva a car, because that coulda been just horrendous. Yes, that wall needs fixed. And that lapper, hold a line, straight from the bottom to the top, pinching Hughes.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Fairbury upgraded their wall/pit road entrance this year after 2 wrecks last year involving the wall/tire. Farmer City is very lucky to not have this happen. Same setup as in the video.

Pit entrances like that are death waiting to happen.

Once again stupid lapped car almost getting someone killed.
    The move over flag means there is a race going on and you ain't in it!

I can't believe that an insurance company would even sell a policy to a track that is configured like this.

The insurance underwriters will only 'suggest' changes to a track... if they mandate a change, and a big claim ensues, they will have additional liability.

The insurance company will charge more if the track has certain dangerous features but they mostly worry about protecting the fans...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

whoever designs tracks like that needs their a$$ kicked.....big fast track with an opening like that at the end of the straight - brilliant....put up a freakin gate that flows with the track..
    powerslave

That's what I thought. And putting a large tire there is laziness. But I got ridiculed for suggesting that.

Any promoter that has a "feature" like that should be strapped in the passenger of a two seater bomber and taken for a few laps with one of their track's least competent drivers. Hard to believe drivers haven't boycotted that disaster years ago.

Exclamation He who Hesitates is lost...

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    He got very lucky. And he also builds a helluva a car, because that coulda been just horrendous. Yes, that wall needs fixed. And that lapper, hold a line, straight from the bottom to the top, pinching Hughes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AHydro23 View Post
    Pit entrances like that are death waiting to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    Once again stupid lapped car almost getting someone killed.
    The move over flag means there is a race going on and you ain't in it!
    First, I am so very thankful to God that Jason Hughes is okay. He had 2 big hits, back to back and either could/should have been fatal or catastrophic, but as stated by another poster, miraculously he walked away. Second, its obvious to everyone that the wall configuration/exit needs correcting. I think if the track owner/promoter has any integrity at all or cares for his racers safety, he will close down immediately until that situation is corrected. If it were me I wouldn't be able to sleep until that was fixed.

Attention Track: You just dodged a huge catastrophic bullet, God granted you a pass this time and its up to you to do what is right.

Attention Racers: You too have been sent a message, heed this warning and stand together in an effort to demonstrate to the track that you want this fixed, for you and your families and the fans who come to cheer you on.

Do what's right and fix this, now...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

That track has been closed for 3-4 years and just re-opened this season (not that it is an excuse, just saying). Old fairgrounds style, flat, big, fast. They used to have some big late model races back there in the early 90's. Had some $10K to wins. Moyer, Frye, Freddy Smith, (probably Bloomer but I don't recall as I was only about 7).

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    That track has been closed for 3-4 years and just re-opened this season (not that it is an excuse, just saying). Old fairgrounds style, flat, big, fast. They used to have some big late model races back there in the early 90's. Had some $10K to wins. Moyer, Frye, Freddy Smith, (probably Bloomer but I don't recall as I was only about 7).
    I could be wrong in thinking this was at Muskogee, but Moyer destroyed a brand new car the same way back in the late 90's when he hit the same opening in the wall Jason did.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The insurance underwriters will only 'suggest' changes to a track... if they mandate a change, and a big claim ensues, they will have additional liability.

The insurance company will charge more if the track has certain dangerous features but they mostly worry about protecting the fans...
    Not no more they gave a list to FarmerCity and they said it had to be fixed or they dont race thats why the bathrooms have had to wate....They had to spend a lot of money to fix it all...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 07-10-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Billet, yes this was at the old Muskogee Fairgrounds...same track.