Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clayton Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Do they run high at Toledo? I have never been there.

You are right about Fergusen's lap. Usually they run higher as the cushion moves up sooner than when Fergusen did his lap. Best I remember the track was wetter than usual from a rain.

Looks like the track is about ten feet wider at Eldora than Toledo on average.
    The wetter the faster, you know that

As far as Toledo, they run on the bottom in the turns and middle to top on the straghts

Wikipedia for Eldora says the track is:

0.804 Kilometers which equals 0.49958244 of a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Wikipedia for Eldora says the track is:

0.804 Kilometers which equals 0.49958244 of a mile.
    Clay, when measuring Eldora on the extreme outside I come up with only 2450' which figures out to .465 of a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Clay, when measuring Eldora on the extreme outside I come up with only 2450' which figures out to .465 of a mile.
    I measured it at 2680 ft. which is forty feet over a half mile. But I am going to try it again soon to see what I get.

how about Florence ky track what size is it?
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    bt, Florence measures out at right about 2050' right up against the outside wall. That would figure out to .388 of a mile. Just a bit over 3/8's of a mile. But, as I said, that is measured right up by the wall. Obviously it's going to measure considerably shorter down low on the bottom.

Can ya do Sycamore CW, Cirf? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    I measured Florence at real close to a 4/10 of a mile outside wall. Im';m going to recheck it for the total feet OD.

2115 FEET OD equals;

2115 Feet is equal to
    = 0.400568181818 Miles
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-27-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Can ya do Sycamore CW, Cirf? Thanks
    No problem, Blackie. The big track at Sycamore measures approximately 1590' way out by the wall. That figures out to .30 of a mile, or just shy of 1/3rd. The small track measures 1050' on the outside which figures out to .19 of a mile or basically 1/5 mile. However, I'm not sure if I'm measuring it correctly. It could be longer or it could be shorter depending on what line they use to race on.

For measurements, I know NASCAR measures the distance 15' from the outside wall.
    As far as calling a track a half mile, really, anything over 4.5/10 could be technically listed as half mile.
    Since they don't use km or feet, or any other more precise measurement.
    It seems that Bull's Gap always listed itself as a 4/10 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    For measurements, I know NASCAR measures the distance 15' from the outside wall.
    As far as calling a track a half mile, really, anything over 4.5/10 could be technically listed as half mile.
    Since they don't use km or feet, or any other more precise measurement.
    It seems that Bull's Gap always listed itself as a 4/10 mile.
    Other tracks I've seen list themselves as a 4/10 are Lernerville and Charlotte.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    If it is good racing does it really matter
    If the racing is good, that,s what really counts.

However when they start the bull$hit about being the fastest half mile in the country and are really less then half, that is called FAKE NEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    It don't if indeed it is good. Its an interesting topic and that does matter imo if that was a question?
    Good point, Blackie. Don't mind racer x16. I believe that's litey making another futile attempt to not get banned.....again! LOL!

One place we attend on a semi-regular basis is bad-nasty fast and only measures 1575' on the outside which figures out to .28 mile. Both the 410 wingless sprint cars and the full on midgets seem to be wicked fast. That place would be Kokomo Raceway. I've been to other tracks which measure a few hundred feet longer that seem much slower.

Another example is Eldora. It seems noticeably faster than Terre Haute in spite of the fact that Eldora is considerably shorter in length. I understand the banking and track configuration has something to do with it but Terre Haute measures 3000' compared to Eldora's 2500'. That's a football field and 2/3rds of another. I'm guessing the speeds at the end of the straight away's would be higher at THAT but the overall sensation of speed in the grandstands is much greater at Eldora.