Default Good Hotels for the World 100????

Thinking about making my first trip to Eldora with my family and was wondering what are some of the best and closest hotels..Will be coming from Tn (south)...is Dayton Oh a good place???

Dayton is an hour away but its pretty late now for anywhere close. If you wanted to stay south of the track try Sidney or Piqua. Both have good places to stay. Greenville is also an option but its 15 mins south and likely all sold out months ago.

[QUOTE=Gentryfan;2126184]Thinking about making my first trip to Eldora with my family and was wondering what are some of the best and closest hotels..Will be coming from Tn (south)...is Dayton Oh a good place???[/QUO
    I always stay at Huber Heights near Dayton airport .the days inn is reasonable and clean about 50 min to the track.

Free camping, rent a camper. It might not be much more doing that instead of a hotel.

You might try Portland Indiana, 30 mins from the track. Or Richmond Indiana, 50 minutes from Eldora

Muncie is 50 minutes due west of the track. We have plenty of lodging.

The La Quinta in Piqua is pretty nice.

Union City, Indiana is a half hour but there are a couple of decent Mom & Pop motels that might have rooms at this late date. Sydney, OH is 40 minutes from Eldora, Troy, OH is an hour and either one of those places may have some rooms left. New Bremen, Ohio is a half hour away and has a couple of motels, you might get lucky there.

Dayton will probably have some rooms available but Eldora is over an hour from Dayton but that might be the best your going to do at this point.

I'd sure spend some time checking the other places mentioned, you might get lucky with someone cancelling.

Tipp City. La Quinta. Very nice. Right off 75. 50 mins from track. Nice drive to track. Eat at Buffalo Jacks in Covington. You won't regret it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Free camping, rent a camper. It might not be much more doing that instead of a hotel.
    Their is only 1 free lot and all spots will be claimed the weekend before the world.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Gentryfan View Post
    Thinking about making my first trip to Eldora with my family and was wondering what are some of the best and closest hotels..Will be coming from Tn (south)...is Dayton Oh a good place???
    Piqua Comfort Inn might have some rooms. A good place is the Comfort Inn in Sidney, but it fills up fast and they know what weekend it is. I know it's the wrong direction, but Indiana is probably your best bet. Or Dayton. Since it'd be South.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

fyi, the Holiday Inn Express in Portland Indiana has 16 rooms available right now for Friday the 8th and Saturday the 9th. Just got off the phone with them so it might be worth checking out.

30 minute drive max

Better jump on the Holiday Inn Express in Portland, IN. You can't do any better than that place at this point in time. We've stayed there for the 4 Crown Nationals a couple of nights when we weren't able to take the camper over.

Good luck with the HIE. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    30 minute drive max
    Yeah that's an easy drive too. Due west an town has everything you need. Also, new Hotel going in Close to track. Should be open next year. 15 min drive, few hundred rooms.
    Last edited by Madcat; 08-10-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Airbnb.....I'm serious!

The Versailles Inn. Only 15-20 minutes from track.

La Quinta in Piqua is now Baymont Inn, they were still remodeling Dream Week so we'll see how they are at the World.