Thread: 5th Coil

Default 5th Coil

Had anyone had any experience with the Penske air dump for the 5th coil or the Advanced Racing Suspension P/D 5th coil setup. PM me if you don't wish to discuss it on here. Looking to purchase one just not sure which one.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Had anyone had any experience with the Penske air dump for the 5th coil or the Advanced Racing Suspension P/D 5th coil setup. PM me if you don't wish to discuss it on here. Looking to purchase one just not sure which one.
    I'm curious about this too. The P/D seems like it would act similar to a stack with jam nut setup. And the air dump is interesting too. I'd like to try the air dump myself but the shocks we have are coarse threaded and I believe that setup is for fine. Don't really wanna spend the money on that thing and have to buy a shock too.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Race_Fan View Post
    I'm curious about this too. The P/D seems like it would act similar to a stack with jam nut setup. And the air dump is interesting too. I'd like to try the air dump myself but the shocks we have are coarse threaded and I believe that setup is for fine. Don't really wanna spend the money on that thing and have to buy a shock too.
    I could be mistaken but I think that Penske air dump deal would work on about any shock. The threaded adjustment is not built into the assembly itself. I think they are just using a standard adjuster nut for the 7300 series shock in the picture on their website to show how it goes together. If you look at the other picture that just shows the assembly, the nut is absent. I would definitely call them and ask but I bet it would work with about any standard body shock. Might have to do some machining on your adjuster nut for good fitment but that beats buying a new shock.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    What is a Advanced Racing Suspension P/D 5th coil setup?

P/D?

Progressive/Digressive?

Quote Originally Posted by MachineMasters View Post
    What is a Advanced Racing Suspension P/D 5th coil setup?

P/D?

Progressive/Digressive?
    ProgressiveLY Digressive

See page 7 of this: http://www.advancedracingsuspensions...ingle-Page.pdf