Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    $150 to start? It would help if it was about $250 to start. That's not much for a 50 lap race. Good Luck to Sycamore during the weekend. Just saying..
    $150 to start is not acceptable for a Super Late Model race. PERIOD !!!!!

People have all kinds of answers as to why car counts are down at lots of venues. This is the main one.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post

People have all kinds of answers as to why car counts are down at lots of venues. This is the main one.
    I agree, guess I'll head to Fairbury Saturday evening instead of the two hour haul Sycamore crap shoot.

I would agree that the start money should probably be higher to start but I think they are doing what they can with what they have. They are taking a chance hosting an event like this because in order to get more cars you need to put up the money but nobody wants to put up the money if the cars don't show. So its a gamble on both sides. Bottom line, its a great track that until recently has been relatively unknown in the late model circles. During the turbulent times our sport is currently struggling through, it is important that tracks and teams alike work together rather than against each other if growth is expected. Kuddos to Sycamore Speedway for trying something new and the drivers such as Mataragas, Parker, Schmitt, Drake, Sheffler, Bell, Spatola, Provenzano, Olson and numerous other drivers that are willing to give them a chance!

Its also nice to see several of the Sycamore regulars showing up at Fairbury on the off weeks when Sycamore isn't running late models. Its all about everyone supporting each other!

any rain in the area today?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    any rain in the area today?
    Sprinkling in Rockford right now.

thanks for the update. overcast here in Delavan. i'm heading to sycamore anyway!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Yeah I've been burned a couple times this year looking at forecast and radar. I think you will be okay.

I read somewhere that paul Parker was very happy about the payout through the field,that's why he has been running there instead of in Wi on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    I read somewhere that paul Parker was very happy about the payout through the field,that's why he has been running there instead of in Wi on Saturdays.
    Please share the article, I would like to read it. Eastern half of WI from Green Bay to the IL border, there are only 2 tracks that run LM's weekly, Plymouth and Shawano.

I have no idea what Shawano's payout is, but it's a 1/2 mile motor killer.

Plymouth's weekly LM payout:
    $1000, 650, 550, 450, 350, 310, 290, 270, 200, 180, 165, 150...all the way thru 20th. $125 for every driver that doesn't advance from the B-main (when they have one)

Maybe $150 in Sycamore is worth more than $150 in Plymouth??

My guess is his preference for Sycamore has something to do with the track or rules vs the payout.
    Last edited by Zonks32x; 08-26-2017 at 09:30 PM.

For comparison purposes.

Farmer City weekly LM payout:
    $1000, 700, 500, 400, 325, 300, 275, 250, 225, 200, 180, 175...(11th thru 20th)

Fairbury>$200.00 to start for weekly shows.
    8/13/16

Obviously money was not an issue for the 25 cars that showed up. Great race that went 45 laps before the first of two cautions. Good job boy's, put on a hell of a show!

Quote Originally Posted by fusion48 View Post
    Obviously money was not an issue for the 25 cars that showed up. Great race that went 45 laps before the first of two cautions. Good job boy's, put on a hell of a show!
    Taylor Scheffler?
    Last edited by ptown; 08-27-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Taylor Scheffler?
    Grandson of George Scheffler...and only Scheffler, other than George, that will ever run the #10 on his car.

Started in mods...3rd or 4th year in late model. Runs a Wild car, family owned chassis brand.

Glad Sycamore had a good count and good show.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post

I guess all the cars a t Syc. didn't get your message?

Just keep doing things your way Sycamore staff,obviosly you have a winning formula. Other tracks that are closing would love to have a loyal following. If it ain't broken,etc. As for the Paul Parker quote about the money being good at Sycamore,pretty sure it was off his Facebook page.

Who won? Would love it if someone posted results.

Taylor sheffler,billy drake,Paul Parker,top three.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    As for the Paul Parker quote about the money being good at Sycamore,pretty sure it was off his Facebook page.
    Didn't see any such quote on his FB, but enjoyed the pick of his Ford truck and open trailer parked between two toter homes/stacker trailers at Oshkosh the other night.

Also enjoyed his Dad's post about why they still race and fans saying hello.

Pretty clear from FB, that the Sycamore fans enjoy having Pete at their track and vice versa. I think that's great.

I definitely plan on making a few trips down next year. Would like to see the Dirt Kings try to get an event or two there next year.

If they (Dirt Kings)can run at Three Lakes in northern WI, they can make it work at Sycamore.