Default McCarter family to continue operating Volunteer Speedway in 2018

http://insidedirtracing.com/mccarter...edway-in-2018/

After a successful 2017, the McCarters will continue running Volunteer

Curious to know if this is a good thing or not? I haven't been to Bull's Gap in a long time, primarily because it is the typical choo-choo train/follow the leader. I heard, however, that the Scorcher race there in August had lots of passing, as in 2-3-4 wide. I wasn't there for it. Is that the case?

You owe it to yourself to come back to the Gap. The McCarters are turning Volunteer Speedway around. Great racing in all of the classes, track prep has been the best its been in years. Thanks to Joe & Phillis Loven for leasing the track to the McCarters. If this year is any indication of next year, look out The Gap is back. I am excited to get back. My kids are 7 and 5 are excited to go back and that is what its all about anyway. Getting families to the track, to enjoy great grass roots racing for the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by BURKS73B1SB0FAN View Post
    You owe it to yourself to come back to the Gap. The McCarters are turning Volunteer Speedway around. Great racing in all of the classes, track prep has been the best its been in years. Thanks to Joe & Phillis Loven for leasing the track to the McCarters. If this year is any indication of next year, look out The Gap is back. I am excited to get back. My kids are 7 and 5 are excited to go back and that is what its all about anyway. Getting families to the track, to enjoy great grass roots racing for the next generation.
    Thanks for your input, BURKS73B1SB0FAN.Great to know the McCarters are turning things around at the East Tennessee oval!