Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldora format

Default Eldora format

Just curious on the world 100 format. Does the first 2 nights set them for the main? Or is Saturday a completely different show

Total points from Thursday and Friday determine Saturday lineups

What all is ran on Saturday? B mains and feature?

Quote Originally Posted by kyleschornick23 View Post
    What all is ran on Saturday? B mains and feature?
    Heats, b mains & feature

6 heats also
    Heat lineups by total points and an invert determined by a spin of the wheel tonight.

So, if they used combined points from both prelim nights does that mean Bloomquist essentially buried himself deep in the field on Saturday heats by missing tech and time trials?

I don't know how many points he actually missed out on, but seems even a perfect night on night #2 may not make up enough deficit to put him in the first 3 rows of a heat.

Unless I'm wrong they do average finish from both Thursday and Friday.

They do average finish but also qualifying times is also scored. It's a total points system with qualifying and feature finishes.Bloomquist will be fine. He took a hit with not having a qualifying time but he will be the one to beat come Saturday, you can bet on that!

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    you don't want a great time or points lust average with the invert and how many the invert a team wants to win the 5 th or 6 th sixth heat that is the answer to the question

If your car is good enough it dont matter where u start if u get up on the wheel
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    They do average finish but also qualifying times is also scored. It's a total points system with qualifying and feature finishes.Bloomquist will be fine. He took a hit with not having a qualifying time but he will be the one to beat come Saturday, you can bet on that!
    I was looking at the entry form online. It says combined points from the 2 qualifying nights sets line-ups for Saturday, not average.

I'm sure he'll still be one of the cars to beat on Saturday, but he really hurt himself by missing time trials IMO.

Time Trials were worth 300 points (quick time) and the rules state that you must take the green flag to get any points for that portion of the event or you get ZERO points. a 300 point deficit is hard to overcome even with a perfect night on night #2.

You still pretty much got to try to hit the top 36 to be in the invert. It's actually harder now to make the show than it's ever been. Everyone remember in 2016 when bloomer had that horrible first night, and missed the 100 lapper? You have to do well both night to say yourself up good for a decent stating spot come Saturday. It really helps if ya a early draw for qualifying nights.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    I was looking at the entry form online. It says combined points from the 2 qualifying nights sets line-ups for Saturday, not average.

I'm sure he'll still be one of the cars to beat on Saturday, but he really hurt himself by missing time trials IMO.

Time Trials were worth 300 points (quick time) and the rules state that you must take the green flag to get any points for that portion of the event or you get ZERO points. a 300 point deficit is hard to overcome even with a perfect night on night #2.
    He did not get any points for a TT, but he did get points for finishing 12th in his feature event. There are a lot of drivers that got 0 points for not making either feature. If he has a good night on Friday and the spin of the wheel is high enough, He could luck out and be on the front row of a heat race on Saturday. If that happens, and he don,t break, sign the check...

Well hes 97th in points after night 1.. thats what I was wondering Z Young what would be the point of points if there an invert for sat heats...but that makes sense in they only invert the top 36 thats only 4 cars a heat invert...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Well hes 97th in points after night 1.. thats what I was wondering Z Young what would be the point of points if there an invert for sat heats...but that makes sense in they only invert the top 36 thats only 4 cars a heat invert...
    I think you mean 6 heats for Sat.

Hes only 207 pts out of 36. He ran good enough to easily make it. Knowing how he is, hes probly figuring how to get enough pts to make the front row of a heat. (30-36)
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

He missed tech?? I just don't understand how that happens

36 cars is only if they roll the 6 on the invert wheel later. But you don't want to be outside the front 3 rows.

Scott wasn't there in 16 and I think you are referring to the year he missed the dream was that 15?
    Last edited by golddirt; 09-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I think you mean 6 heats for Sat.

Hes only 207 pts out of 36. He ran good enough to easily make it. Knowing how he is, hes probly figuring how to get enough pts to make the front row of a heat. (30-36)
    Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    He missed tech?? I just don't understand how that happens
    The post above yours is why.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I think you mean 6 heats for Sat.Hes only 207 pts out of 36. He ran good enough to easily make it. Knowing how he is, hes probly figuring how to get enough pts to make the front row of a heat. (30-36)
    That's a lot

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Scott wasn't there in 16 and I think you are referring to the year he missed the dream was that 15?
    The tire deal happened in 16. 15 is when Scott was light at the scales after winning.