Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    fuel stops should not happen unless maybe under green, I will not go to woo sprint race because of the fuel stop
    And this is just yet another reason why you had to sign an idiot register in your city. How does it feel having to go out in public wearing a dunce cap and an "I'm Retarded" tee shirt????? haHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA

no fuel stops this short is short racing if the world and dream can run without a fuel stop why can't Knoxville oh that's right its run by Lucas that runs a rain date race during the day in August and wonder why so many flat tires during the race are you kidding me
    racer x16,

Have you been to both Knoxville and Eldora?

if so, you'd know the answer already. Eldora is a 1/2 mile if you are driving on the top of the concrete barriers at the top of the track. Knoxville is a 1/2 mile around the inside of the track.

Eldora is truly closer to a 4/10 mile track if you run the bottom in the corners (and guys have won the race running the bottom), so 100 laps = 40 miles
    If it's a 1/2 mile riding the fence every lap, IMO it's not even a 1/2 on the fence = 50 miles

Knoxville is a 1/2 when you run the very bottom all the way around the track (No one does this, they may run the bottom in the corners, but that's it) = 50 miles
    Knoxville is a 5/8 when you run the mid-high groove (usually where the cushion is for the late model race) = 62.5 miles
    If the cushion is all the way out to the fence the track is even longer.

That is a huge difference in distances that you expect them to run on the same amount of fuel.

As far as how much a guy is on the gas every lap at both places I couldn't really say as I haven't driven at both tracks (maybe you have).

Knoxville and Lucas does the right thing......Restores my belief that these 2 organizations partnered in one of the finest dirt late model events around.

they should 've never tried running 100 laps at knoxville in the first place what kinda rinky dink sanctioning body running that race any body with a half a brain knows that the way these cars are configured now
    Ummmm. What.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Ummmm. What.
    Husker, litey has his own dialect. It's so advanced that it's only known to litey himself. Litey proudly calls it dumfukese.

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    I live in Iowa, about 75 miles from Knoxville. I try very hard to never miss a late model, modified or wingless sprint car race there. I have NEVER been to a weekly sprint show or the 360 or 410 nationals. I go to every night of the Late Model Nationals (Thursday in the pits, Friday and Saturday usually in the stands). Winged sprint cars very seldom race, they go fast and pass then run off and hide, never see them run lap after lap side by side.Hate to see a pit stop, kills the momentum of the race.SPark
    You must have missed last year's sprint Nationals. Jason Johnson and Donny Schatz put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Should be gas only. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    racer x16,

Have you been to both Knoxville and Eldora?

if so, you'd know the answer already. Eldora is a 1/2 mile if you are driving on the top of the concrete barriers at the top of the track. Knoxville is a 1/2 mile around the inside of the track.

Eldora is truly closer to a 4/10 mile track if you run the bottom in the corners (and guys have won the race running the bottom), so 100 laps = 40 miles
    If it's a 1/2 mile riding the fence every lap, IMO it's not even a 1/2 on the fence = 50 miles

Knoxville is a 1/2 when you run the very bottom all the way around the track (No one does this, they may run the bottom in the corners, but that's it) = 50 miles
    Knoxville is a 5/8 when you run the mid-high groove (usually where the cushion is for the late model race) = 62.5 miles
    If the cushion is all the way out to the fence the track is even longer.

That is a huge difference in distances that you expect them to run on the same amount of fuel.

As far as how much a guy is on the gas every lap at both places I couldn't really say as I haven't driven at both tracks (maybe you have).
    That is the best explanation of why 100 laps is not a problem at Eldora and is a problem at Knoxville. I do not like fuel stops, but for the people that want to see 100 laps at Knoxville, this is the best way to do it where fuel will not be the deciding factor on who wins the race.

Good call by both Lucas and Knoxville and I hope that most of the fans are satisfied with this decision.

It used to work. The racers have had a year to adapt. No need to do anything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

what the he11 is the difference clayton you agreed with this, Anyone does more than fuel goes one lap down.
    No you said pit for fuel under GREEN. Now really? Please adjust your cap and your tee shirt is too small and on backwards!!! hahhaahahahaa