Default Jack Hewitt Biography Is Back In Print

I truly do not mean for this to be spam nor do I have any affiliation with Dave Argabright. I'm merely posting this for those that may have been looking for Jack Hewitt's biography book, Hewitt's Law. It's been out of print for several years now.

Argabright has re-released an expanded edition and also a collectors edition of Hewitt's Law that contains some additional text and a whole bunch of pictures that weren't included in the original printing. Also, the collectors edition is signed by Ol' Jack.

I know there are a bunch of Jack Hewitt fans that post here and I thought I'd bring the availability of this reprint to the attention of those who might be looking to purchase one.

The link to purchase the book: http://www.daveargabright.com/

One of the best reads ever. Known Jack for a long time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I truly do not mean for this to be spam nor do I have any affiliation with Dave Argabright. I'm merely posting this for those that may have been looking for Jack Hewitt's biography book, Hewitt's Law. It's been out of print for several years now.

Argabright has re-released an expanded edition and also a collectors edition of Hewitt's Law that contains some additional text and a whole bunch of pictures that weren't included in the original printing. Also, the collectors edition is signed by Ol' Jack.

I know there are a bunch of Jack Hewitt fans that post here and I thought I'd bring the availability of this reprint to the attention of those who might be looking to purchase one.

One of my all time favorite reads, right up there with, "Living Where the Thunder hides!".
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Thanks! I just ordered mine...I've been wanting to add this one to my library for a long time!

Gotten to know Jack a bit over the last couple years while helping a friend at some Silver Crown races on the miles in Illinois. Jack is a great guy, just glad I didn't have to race against him! He gets intense at times. Lots of fun to be around.

Jack and Jody looking out over the lake at Du Quoin in 2016. My favorite racing picture I've ever taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    Gotten to know Jack a bit over the last couple years while helping a friend at some Silver Crown races on the miles in Illinois. Jack is a great guy, just glad I didn't have to race against him! He gets intense at times. Lots of fun to be around.

Jack and Jody looking out over the lake at Du Quoin in 2016. My favorite racing picture I've ever taken.
    Pics not attached.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

Definitely one of my favorite books. That one, Richies, Tim Richmond’s, Bugsy, Doty, Earl, Larry Moore, they are all pretty good. Jacks is definitely top notch.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

One of best to ever do it!

One of biggest set of stones God ever graced a man with!

Truly a living legend!

He ran the Indy 500, and finished 12th, for God's sake!

His four division sweep at the Four Crown Nationals is a feat that may never be matched.

The guy was unbelievable.

JMO.....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron-Junkie View Post
    One of best to ever do it!

One of biggest set of stones God ever graced a man with!

Truly a living legend!

He ran the Indy 500, and finished 12th, for God's sake!

His four division sweep at the Four Crown Nationals is a feat that may never be matched.

The guy was unbelievable.

JMO.....
    Didn't he run part of that with his belts off? Something about no time or they unhooked...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Didn't he run part of that with his belts off? Something about no time or they unhooked...
    What part are you referring to?

I've sent link to wife and her knowingly knowing what would mean to me as Christmas gift........... But a wife has to understand racing too. Be thankful all I'm saying. She's supported racing & me for years but eventually they grow sick of!!!

Highwayman, I don't believe the Jack's belts coming loose at Eldora happened the night he won all four of the 4 Crown Nationals. However, I think it was a regular Eldora USAC show.

Jack was asked what the stupidest thing he ever did in a racecar and winning a wingelss 410 sprint car A-main at Eldora without being belted in was at the top of his list. IIRC Jack's belts popped loose prior to lap 10 of a 30 lap A-main. Jack says he doesn't know what the hell he was thinking. Jack said that he was either going to win the race or see his Dad. At the time this happened Jack's Dad Don Hewitt had passed away.

Many of you probably already know this but Jack Hewitt is born again believer and a devout Christian. Jack used to do the pre-National Anthem prayer at the Hoosier Hundred every year for about 5 years. He got a thunderous ovation each and every time. Jack isn't the pushy, holier than thou kind of born again Christian but he lives his faith. However, his vocabulary still contains all of the classic vulgarities and he uses them fluently! LOL!