Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the real story on Landers?

What is the real story on Landers not driving for his dad's mega team? I know he has been back racing so he must be medically cleared to race.

Now THAT has to be a story within a story!!!

Its old news. There was a falling out. Details were not made public for a reason.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Why does it matter and why try air someone's dirty laundry? It's their business and leave it at that

lol gotta love these hollier than thou a-holes on this site.

It’s family business, so it’s not really none of ours.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't believe he was ever medically cleared to race, as I understand it another accident could be very harmful to his health.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRKKK View Post
    I don't believe he was ever medically cleared to race, as I understand it another accident could be very harmful to his health.
    No kiddin.....just like everybody else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    No kiddin.....just like everybody else out there.
    Not exactly........especially if the area in question is already injured or compromised.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Not exactly........especially if the area in question is already injured or compromised.
    Yes but my point being everyone is rolling the dice, whether it be in a racecar or walking across the street or God forbid going to church in Texas on a beautiful Sunday. If his neck is jacked up and he is too dumb to keep running, that's on him and whatever series lets him run. I highly doubt the falling out between him and his father was due to his injury, especially considering the fact his father is still fully supporting his brother.

Yes but my point being everyone is rolling the dice, whether it be in a racecar or walking across the street or God forbid going to church in Texas on a beautiful Sunday. If his neck is jacked up and he is too dumb to keep running, that's on him and whatever series lets him run. I highly doubt the falling out between him and his father was due to his injury, especially considering the fact his father is still fully supporting his brother.
    True enough.........sounds pretty personal between them.....which sux between a father and a son.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    True enough.........sounds pretty personal between them.....which sux between a father and a son.
    My point exactly....from the other thread!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

When he came back I read something that his dad did not want to put him in his car due to the risk of injury after his issues in 2015. I suspect that is the issue still by have no inside knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    When he came back I read something that his dad did not want to put him in his car due to the risk of injury after his issues in 2015. I suspect that is the issue still by have no inside knowledge.
    I don't think that the full story, might be the final nail. His dad was on him before about racing correctly, how dad thought he should. I think he still thinks lander doesn't drive like how would like him to. But i could be wrong, but wish they would put a car together for Jared. He was maturing a lot during that racing season. I like his personality on camera.

It really sucks not seeing Jared running when Lucas comes to town. He was always a crowd pleaser

Same reason it's difficult for family to own a business or work together, or own a cabin together. It's hard to be honest with eachother and be critical when things aren't going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Same reason it's difficult for family to own a business or work together, or own a cabin together. It's hard to be honest with eachother and be critical when things aren't going well.
    Exactly. It is one thing for some stranger to criticize your lifestyle or behavior or driving, but sons want to please their fathers (in most instances), and when your dad is riding you like seems to have been the case way prior to the injury, that can be hard to be around, feeling like you can't ever do anything right. BUT who's to say that Jared doesn't lay with some blame in the situation, who knows.

One thing we can all agree on that it is unfortunate. Makes you wonder how much bad blood will be born between Landers and JD now over this deal. Come on 2018!

Exactly. It is one thing for some stranger to criticize your lifestyle or behavior or driving, but sons want to please their fathers (in most instances), and when your dad is riding you like seems to have been the case way prior to the injury, that can be hard to be around, feeling like you can't ever do anything right. BUT who's to say that Jared doesn't lay with some blame in the situation, who knows.

One thing we can all agree on that it is unfortunate. Makes you wonder how much bad blood will be born between Landers and JD now over this deal. Come on 2018!
    They already had issues. I forgot that!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They already had issues. I forgot that!
    Lol. Oh yes they did.

17 comments later and the original question was not answered at all lol. Its a fascinating story right? Why would daddy not support his own son (who can certainly drive) and hire a high profile driver instead? It has to be a great story right?

It sure beats talking about the Rocket House car dominating a mediocre talent Outlaw pool or many other posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    17 comments later and the original question was not answered at all lol. Its a fascinating story right? Why would daddy not support his own son (who can certainly drive) and hire a high profile driver instead? It has to be a great story right?

It sure beats talking about the Rocket House car dominating a mediocre talent Outlaw pool or many other posts on here.
    Because it is 100% a personal matter. There was a disagreement between Lance, Jared, and Gavin, that’s it.