Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Guys, I fell asleep after Owens went off the Track. I am not the least bit suprised only 5 cars were left on the track. Kudos to the 5 who braved through that train wreck. Hopefully, they broke even. McDowell may have been the only one in the money! His wife wasn't thrilled at all about racing last night. 20K always helps you change your mind some, lol. Hey EAMS....Lets never do this again, Ok? Ok...good. Glad we had this talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Probably the worst example of a dirt race I've ever witnessed.
    Come on toots, I know you've been to quad city befor 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Vchild View Post
    Come on toots, I know you've been to quad city befor 
    I can't ever remember a race where their were 8? cars on the track at the end? wow
    8/13/16

Cedar Lake back when Bloomer beat Billy and said "hope everbody appreciated that ass kicking"? If I recall only 5 or six finished that one... Erb being one. I think Babb flippef it....

Lucas Oil race in 2016. Seems like Flinner finished 6th but I wanna say he was like 5 laps down but I'm not 100% sure.

Did they run out of hot dogs?

bet LOLMS and WoO are glad that the are not affiliated with the 72 hours of EAMS lol

Both would have pulled the plug

Hav-A-Tampa race at Atomic in the 90's won by Bill Frye had four cars finish I believe.

That a good respond. can't blame any drive loaded up early. But with this new cars, have they made cars to sensitive. McDowell said he had a little hole in his nose and was pushing hard, he had get out the gas coming into corner. Would drives have the same problem if they had 90's and below front nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    That a good respond. can't blame any drive loaded up early. But with this new cars, have they made cars to sensitive. McDowell said he had a little hole in his nose and was pushing hard, he had get out the gas coming into corner. Would drives have the same problem if they had 90's and below front nose?
    Might be like NASCAR where they change the aero so the drives have to actually drive the car.

Some of you guys are a trip. Its easy to say shoulda did this and shoulda did that while looking at your phone and knowing nothing more than the results. They had race cars and fans from all over the country, the weather cleared out, and the ended up with a managable race track. It took some time and some MEN who wanted to RACE. Sure it took some time also ,but I dont see where anybody can get off saying it was "unsafe".... it was hammer down, no doubt, but turn back to the Friday portion if you want to discuss unsafe and torn up cars. What happened to the days of putting on a show and winning a TROPHY being the goal?? I for some F'ed up reason enjoy the Phenix City Le Mans... but I know thats what it is going in. I understand being frustrated if you were a first timer (there or watching DoD), thats how it goes there every year so be prepared if you participate again. If there is a legitimate complaint to be had... they should have went straight into the slm race without track prep. It was slick bottom to top and racey all over demonstrated by close finishes all dam day. The only race that was a run away was crate...1 race out of that big a$s achedule.... If they hadnt found a way to race when the weather broke I would have likely took some time away from the place.

THANK YOU eams for getting the race in. Thats what we all came to see ,and you pulled it off for the fans. Stinks we didnt have support from some of them, maybe they will stay home next year and we have a full field of true racers.

If some of the drivers were concerned about safety, then the fans are a secondary consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vchild View Post
    Cedar Lake back when Bloomer beat Billy and said "hope everbody appreciated that ass kicking"? If I recall only 5 or six finished that one... Erb being one. I think Babb flippef it....
    Was that the race where in accuality Bloomquist was a lap down when he came out of the pits. Cedar Lake screwed up on that one and the 1 of the owners even admitted so later on.

Don't remember any screw ups.... Bloomer did win however. Many tore up cars and only a few survived much like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Some of you guys are a trip. Its easy to say shoulda did this and shoulda did that while looking at your phone and knowing nothing more than the results. They had race cars and fans from all over the country, the weather cleared out, and the ended up with a managable race track. It took some time and some MEN who wanted to RACE. Sure it took some time also ,but I dont see where anybody can get off saying it was "unsafe".... it was hammer down, no doubt, but turn back to the Friday portion if you want to discuss unsafe and torn up cars. What happened to the days of putting on a show and winning a TROPHY being the goal?? I for some F'ed up reason enjoy the Phenix City Le Mans... but I know thats what it is going in. I understand being frustrated if you were a first timer (there or watching DoD), thats how it goes there every year so be prepared if you participate again. If there is a legitimate complaint to be had... they should have went straight into the slm race without track prep. It was slick bottom to top and racey all over demonstrated by close finishes all dam day. The only race that was a run away was crate...1 race out of that big a$s achedule.... If they hadnt found a way to race when the weather broke I would have likely took some time away from the place.

THANK YOU eams for getting the race in. Thats what we all came to see ,and you pulled it off for the fans. Stinks we didnt have support from some of them, maybe they will stay home next year and we have a full field of true racers.
    Well said......imo the track wasn't that bad. I never saw any car get airborne like I have at some tracks.

I think they should let the slms run their feature toward the middle of the schedule, that would give them a better track and let them get outa there at a decent time.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Careful what you wish for. Their were about 7 or 8 big names in the field. Next year it might be a field made up of regional guys for 20 grand. Maybe.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Careful what you wish for. Their were about 7 or 8 big names in the field. Next year it might be a field made up of regional guys for 20 grand. Maybe.
    Fine by me. My expenses to go see that show in no way compare to their's, I understand that. At the same time, if a few of these guys are not willing to give me the same support then so be it...stay home.

Was their EMS on site during the National 100?