Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wwso 2018

Default Wwso 2018

Good afternoon 4m'ers..... Not sure about what anyone else is thinking, but the 2018 Wild West Shootout is looking like it could potentially be stepping up the talent another notch.... Thoughts?

With all of the silly season hype, this could be the most anticipated wild west shootout. I just hope it rains between now and then. I heard today that we have not had rain in the last 84 days.

Quote Originally Posted by pushin cushin View Post
    With all of the silly season hype, this could be the most anticipated wild west shootout. I just hope it rains between now and then. I heard today that we have not had rain in the last 84 days.
    We have a chance tomorrow up here in Prescott.

Prescott.... That there is God’s country!

Very excited about the Wild West Shootout. Still more driver announcements coming. This is truly a RACECATION and a must see / do for every dirt racing fan. Great racing. Beautiful scenery. So many different things to do out there.

So at this point we have the beginning of a list right..... Please add to the list if you have any ideasMarsMoyerEPJ (possible)DavenportSheppard

Realistically......how long of a drive is it out there from the east coast , Carolina's region.

I can mapquest it and all of that, but anyone that's done it..........2 days give or take?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by scottdomine22 View Post
    So at this point we have the beginning of a list right..... Please add to the list if you have any ideasMarsMoyerEPJ (possible)DavenportSheppard
    Davenport has been very adamant on twitter that he would never go back . Never know if the boss man says go I'm sure they will .

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Realistically......how long of a drive is it out there from the east coast , Carolina's region.

I can mapquest it and all of that, but anyone that's done it..........2 days give or take?
    I'd say 3 days unless you really enjoy the car, plus there's some spots you'll want to stop and enjoy along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

It's about 30 hrs. I just did it a couple weeks ago. Not that bad. Nice scenery along the way too!

Thanks.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    It's about 30 hrs. I just did it a couple weeks ago. Not that bad. Nice scenery along the way too!
    I checked it today it's about 23 hrs from poplar bluff mo.
    I am what I am

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    Davenport has been very adamant on twitter that he would never go back . Never know if the boss man says go I'm sure they will .
    I also remember him saying this too. With that being said, Chris Kearns owned up to the mistakes on the rules situation and brought in Kelly Carlton. They have did away with pill draw/passing points (another concern drivers had), increased purses, and tweaked the bonus. If he still chooses not to come, that’s fine, but I think there’s nothing more Kearns and his group can do to change how things were a couple years ago. The fact he acknowledges there were problems with the enforcement of rules and continues to make changes to entice Teams to come out West is pretty classy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdomine22 View Post
    I have not heard offiially, but I keep reading Pierce is coming back. His name seems to be attached to a lot of rumors. So at this point, who knows what car he will be in. Chris Simpson can also be added.

Is their a driver's List/ Roll call yet
    I am what I am

Looks like we can add Austin Theiss and his new team

Default W w s o Drivers List

1.Jimmy mars 2.Austin Theiss3.Billy moyer 4.Epj
    I am what I am

Some of the racers may change their minds and go back, but I know of quite a few fans that will never go back, after they advertised passing points and changed it after the series started. We traveled 30 hours to see cars pass each other and these Yayhoos gave us train races. If they knew they where going to change it before the people came, they was liars for not saying anything, and if not, they was stupid to irritate so many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Some of the racers may change their minds and go back, but I know of quite a few fans that will never go back, after they advertised passing points and changed it after the series started. We traveled 30 hours to see cars pass each other and these Yayhoos gave us train races. If they knew they where going to change it before the people came, they was liars for not saying anything, and if not, they was stupid to irritate so many fans.
    I agree, screwing over the fans to please the whining drivers (mainly Moyer and Clanton) just goes to show that they don't care whether the fans get to see good racing or not. As long as the wussbag drivers who don't want to race or pass anybody are happy that's all that matters to the promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    It was well advertised long before Jan last year, that they were going to a qualifying format. Some like the I-80 style format, some don't. Last year saw tons of passing. This coming race will be great too!