Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt on Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I can feed a kid in Africa for pennies a day. People don't pay for subscription services very often. We are predisposed to accept ads so that content is free. People cut the cord every day. $90/yr, 8.33/mo, $3000/lifetime, it doesn't matter how you slice it.
    OR you can send me a $1 a day for a greater cause, I'll put half of it towards kroose and Blackie chassis building program they just getting off the ground lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Are you going to buy it for everyone then? Definitely not in my budget.
    Budget is the key word for me. I have a set amount I spend on DLM racing and DoD is part of that, along with LucasTV, PPVs and live races. And with all of that money being spent, I'm still way under what I was paying to go to a few NASCAR races a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    The fact that you guys are bitching about $8.33 a month is hilarious...
    On the contrary... Not enough bitching is the reason for it continuing to increase in price. Folks just don't find it worth it, that simple. What don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    On the contrary... Not enough bitching is the reason for it continuing to increase in price. Folks just don't find it worth it, that simple. What don't you understand?
    Take heed fellow race fans!! Blackie interjects another basic truism for public consumption. Nice job sir, you are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by mudmaker View Post
    Just saw the email this morning that the price was going up another ten buck on automatic renewal. $99.99 a year.
    Sorry DoD, you have outpriced your usefulness for me. Was questioning if it was worth it at $89. Definitely not worth another ten dollars for occasional info on racing when there are still so many other avenues of intel. Plus it still costs more for ppv.
    Definitely not in my price range for what they offer (can find 90%+ of the information for free on other sites like this) , Lucas Oil Racing TV is what I subscribe to, endless amounts of racing and when I want to watch it plus there is DirtVision and then ordering a few PPV's here and there. The problem with most things like DoD, cable companies for example is if there is a decrease in subscribers they feel they need to increase/raise their price to make up for lost revenue, when instead they should be lowering prices to get more people back and then they would be back up to the same or even more revenue. I don't find the prices of live dirt race tickets at the track bad, but look at a lot of other sports events like football, Nasacar, etc. with all the empty seats and high ticket prices where the average family could never afford to attend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    This is not going to be an easy decision because I do like DoD just not sure as the price keeps going up if it's worth it to me.
    Same here. I like DoD and they do a good job, but why the price hike? It’s not like any bills have seen a substantial increase. If they come on here and shoot us a legit answer, props. And as a paying consumer, I at least should here because we want more profits.

Hear is spelled wrong, quote function still on the rag.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    All I want to say is that guy in the little pink car did an awesome job trying to save it. Happy New Year !
    Yes he did LOL......

I’ll start out by saying I love DoD and everything they have done for the sport. I love that you can watch race highlights of a regional race two states away in less than 6-8 hours after it concludes. For the people saying you can find that on other sites, you’re completely wrong. No site gives you race highlights and recaps of almost every race paying 3,000 to win or more. The other side of the argument is if we’re going to pay increased prices, then I hope we get more content. Maybe Michael will get on and explain why the increase in price.

Only thing I read on DoD is the race wire off the master schedule because that part is free.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Only thing I read on DoD is the race wire off the master schedule because that part is free.
    Welp, there goes that... Lol...

But I agree 
    Last edited by Mindwalker; 01-01-2018 at 07:03 PM.

I’ve been a DoD subscriber since the beginning, but this last price hike was enough for me, and I emailed to cancel my renewal coming up this week. Here’s my problem with the price hike every couple years:
    1. No PPV discount for yearly subscribers.
    2. I don’t/didn’t subscribe to get results from every local and regional race nationwide. I got it for the in-depth coverage of the national racing. So if the price hikes are to expand the coverage of races I don’t necessarily care who won, I’m paying for a product I don’t need.
    3. DoD sponsorship. It seems like DoD is sponsoring more things in racing. $500 here, $500 there, and more. I understand that’s marketing and giving back to the sport, but when you continue to raise subscription fees as sponsorship increases. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Their price being $100/yr is finally too rich for me

I'm going to guess its the increased coverage of the regional shows, he is having to employee more people to cover all those smaller races. Pretty much all i do is watch the videos and i feel i get my money worth.

I've been a subscriber basically from from month one, this wont stop me from being a supporter. But if it keeps going up, I dont know how much longer I'll continue to be a supporter of the site.

I'm sure the price hike has to do with them putting more money into the sport somehow or another, which is awesome of course. It just won't be worth it to me to keep supporting it anymore if it keeps going up. I think it has went up 2 or 3 times in the last couple years.

The way I see it, my cable, satellite radio, cell phone and internet bills are all way more expensive than DOD. It is not even close. However, I probably spend more time on and get more enjoyment from DOD than TV or Sirius. I watch probably 90% of the videos and read just about every article the they post. If I miss one its usually because I just didn't have time to watch it. So to me, even with the price increase it is still by far the best thing going if you are a DLM racing junkie like myself. So I guess it just comes down to a personal decision based on how much you use the site as to whether or not you think the price is worth it.

I really like DOD, just wish they'd consider different types of subscriptions. For example, I read articles watch PPv but don't watch the videos. Perhaps they could have different packages. but I bet they'd have to revamp the entire site at that point. Overall -- great job!

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    Yes he did LOL......
    Need to shorten that left rear chain and get that spoiler closer to the ground. It would have never flipped if he had used the Ray Cook rule. SMDH

Hey all ... thanks so much for the feedback and I'm happy to respond.

Obviously NO COMPANY wants to raise prices. Ever. It's not something anyone wants to do. So it's not a decision we take lightly, and really contemplate before we do it.

To answer the questions in this thread regarding the "why" ... it's pretty simple. As was stated by many people, the amount of people we now have covering races, (ESPECIALLY regional content now, and growing national content like including interviews from the TOP TEN many places) ... is growing each and every year. And will continue to grow this year. It is more expensive than ever to put someone on the road, pay their salary, expenses, insurance, etc. etc. Costs just keep rising.

When we make a price increase, it goes right back into hiring folks and providing for other aspects of racing. As someone else mentioned, we have REALLY engaged in sponsorships not just on the national tours, but regional tours as well. We spend thousands to give back to the sport that's made us what we are, and that's really important to us.

For the amount of the raise, obviously everyone is on a budget, and we appreciate that ... which is why we kept it delicate. $1.00/month for monthly folks, and $0.83/month for yearly folks. It all counts ... I get that, but we felt that was minimal. 1 buck or 83 cents/month we thought was "acceptable". Or as close to it as we could get.

And I can CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU ... that unless something drastic happens ... this is our final price raise for quite some time. Of course something could happen where we include several LIVE races in a subscription, and we'd perhaps bump it then, but as it stands, it will be a LONG time before any price raise is even considered again. Again, unless something DRASTIC happens, there are no price raises on the horizon for DirtonDirt.com. (Again the only "other option" on that would be if we changed our pricing models to include PPV's which isn't feasible for us right now. See below.)

Regarding including PPV's in the subscription cost. We are exploring the idea of giving some to subscribers this year, but there's a major reason we don't. We share revenue with the racetrack EVERY SINGLE TIME we do a LIVE PPV ... and we can't include that in our subscription cost, or there is no revenue being generated for that specific event with the track. Those relationships are REALLY important to us, and that's why we handle them in that fashion. But keep an eye on 2018 as a year you may have one included in your subscription cost!

Which is also why we don't offer "other packages/subscriptions". There's the DoD subscription, and then every time we go LIVE we're in a partnership with the track, so those costs have to be kept separate, and worked out with the track.

And regarding discounts for subscribers on PPV's. EVERY multi-day PPV ... there is a subscriber discount, aside from Eldora and Gateway. So virtually all of them we try to take care of our subscribers. For instance the upcoming Wild West Shootout if your'e a subscriber you get $10 off the whole package!

A few notes on some of the responses. For the person wanting us to interview more drivers, etc. this time of year. I'd steer you to our PRI coverage. Over FORTY drivers were interviewed in two days alone, and our DirtWire page has been on fire the entire "offseason" with driver interviews, etc. We are definitely not lacking in the content department. Throw in Late Model LIVE, and we have mountains of driver interviews/content.

For person talking frequency of price raise. Last one was 2016 ... so it's been nearly two years.

In closing ... it's basically a dollars and cents thing. if you've been with us since the beginning, you know the MOUNTAIN of more content we've added, and continue to add each year. That comes at a cost, and we do our best to be fair to the subscribers, while covering the rising costs.

I'm just like you ... I'm a fan, and I know you have a choice. All I can promise you is ... we'll leave it all on the field for you. I think about our subscribers EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want the value to be there, and will fight for you ... for it.

Hope you understand where we're coming from, and thanks so much for your time.

Michael Rigsby
    DirtonDirt.com
    Last edited by DirtonDirt; 01-01-2018 at 10:57 PM.

crewchief99....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    OR you can send me a $1 a day for a greater cause, I'll put half of it towards kroose and Blackie chassis building program they just getting off the ground lol.
    You're a good man no matter what I hear on 4m!

But take it easy on Mastersbilt Racer... he's our chassis engineer!
    Last edited by Krooser; 01-01-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019