Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East bay newbie

Default East bay newbie

Just so happens we'll be on vacation near Tampa next week. Plan on going to 2 or 3 shows at East Bay but never been. Anything I should know before going? Most likely taking 1-3 young kids each night. I see 12 & under are free for general admission. Are those seats good or is it worth paying half price for them to go with reserved? Thanks

Don't buy reserved.

Yea. Don't buy reserved. It's not worth it except for maybe Saturdays finale.

Get the strawberry short cake. Just time it right so it’s not covered with clay by the bay. Have fun, it’s 1 of my favorite tracks.

Don't buy a multi-day pass... Don't save much of anything, and if it rains, that complicates things..

Pray that the tide doesn't rise and a sprinkle doesn't occur or they will cancel. Track has the poorest amount of push trucks to run in a track that I've ever seen. Two Chevy Caprices doesn't cut it.
    Planning my vacation with my son last year at Eastbay was a huge disappointment.

Unreserved are rows 14 and lower. Try to get between rows 10-14 and you can see everything!

Pit passes are only $5 more if you want to convert them!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Don't remember much about the racing, but I went to a December show a few years ago:

1 - after each race, they let the spectator kids run out and get in the winner's photo (and they loved it)
    2 - during an intermission, they gave a BIG (really big) teddy bear or stuffed animal to every kid. (Not some cheapo stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Pray that the tide doesn't rise and a sprinkle doesn't occur or they will cancel. Track has the poorest amount of push trucks to run in a track that I've ever seen. Two Chevy Caprices doesn't cut it.
    Planning my vacation with my son last year at Eastbay was a huge disappointment.
    Was that the night someone the track lights were working also?

Don't set your expectations too high... I've been 3 times in past 8 years... Disappointed every trip...
    Surface eats tires quickly... Seeing Redd!ck get his 1st win best memory I can recall...but it's entertainment during a nice warm vacation, so it's always a bonus to catch a race...

Go and enjoy yourself. Don't let the nay sayers keep you away, I have been going since 1989 and it is a great place with outstanding racing. Al does a great job with the track.

Perfect race to take kids to, show is usually over between 9 and 10.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

I making my first visit in a few years. It use to be hands down the best racing. Not so much anymore. But the weather is great and it is fun seeing a lot of new cars fresh out of the box.

Was pretty good last year

Been there many many times. Seen car counts near 100, seen them near 30, don't matter. It's my annual winter vacation. Shorts, tees, cold beer, old friends, no snow, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwrench View Post
    Go and enjoy yourself. Don't let the nay sayers keep you away, I have been going since 1989 and it is a great place with outstanding racing. Al does a great job with the track.

Perfect race to take kids to, show is usually over between 9 and 10.
    Yep....been going there since 1996!

Only bad races I have seen were the day races!

btw.....they only run the late models, no other classes! You'll be outa there by 10!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post

btw.....they only run the late models, no other classes! You'll be outa there by 10!
    That's the only disappointing part. They need a support class

Eastbay was good when they qualified in the afternoon, reworked the track, then started heats at 7:00 on a fresh racetrack. Then they got lazy and stopped doing that and the racing is nowhere near as good as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That's the only disappointing part. They need a support class
    ...said nobody ever.

Default Newbie

The only advice I have for you Try to get there as early as possible PARKING CAN BE A CHALLANGE THE PLACE FILLS UP FAST

I was out by 9 almost every night a few years ago... The top golf in Tampa is something fun to do. There is also a manatee park just a little south of track, kids my like seeing the cows of the sea lol