Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chassis Wars

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Dennis "Rambo" Franklin just picked u[ a new Swartz last week so that will be a different ride for him in his career.
    At one time he had them longhorns rockn but as of the last few seasons not so. Idk what happened there. He left longhorn and switched to victory chassis then back to longhorn. Now to swartz. Good luck to him
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Black Diamond/Club need more throttle mashers like Hudson. I look at Morgan Bagley and am like no way Im buying one of them cars. The amount of money spent there and the terrible results is not a selling point. Lanigan is a shell of himself, Don is streaky as hell. Was told that no one at Black Diamond/Club knows what the hell Erb does. They just dont seem like a car for your regional racer like the others. I knew a team that was looking at used ones last year, and a car from Francis, Allen Murray, and Heckenast were all the same year but all totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He isn't the only one. How many interviews did Lanigan talk about "a new piece" last year?
    He had 6 that I can remember. The part you seem to not know is that he would get a new car, run it 2, 3, or 4 nights and sell it. Not because it wouldn't work, but because someone had cash in hand. I know because we bought 1.

"Correction" We bought 2 because the 1st 1 got totaled out the 1st night. It had 13 laps on it.....
    Last edited by slmcrewchief99; 02-19-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash101 View Post
    Black Diamond/Club need more throttle mashers like Hudson. I look at Morgan Bagley and am like no way Im buying one of them cars. The amount of money spent there and the terrible results is not a selling point. Lanigan is a shell of himself, Don is streaky as hell. Was told that no one at Black Diamond/Club knows what the hell Erb does. They just dont seem like a car for your regional racer like the others. I knew a team that was looking at used ones last year, and a car from Francis, Allen Murray, and Heckenast were all the same year but all totally different.
    Erb was on Ohlin shocks done by envy, I dont know if he still is or not. I do know that is what he won the dream on. As far as I know, no other BD/29 car is on the same shock package on the national level. I dont know if that what the difference is or not, but he always races very well.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Erb was on Ohlin shocks done by envy, I dont know if he still is or not. I do know that is what he won the dream on. As far as I know, no other BD/29 car is on the same shock package on the national level. I dont know if that what the difference is or not, but he always races very well.
    He switched to Penske, recently.

Penske has an ad announcing the switch in the latest DLM mag.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Boggs will get a few shots at it and may very well pull it off.
    He is the only one that might have a chance in a Swartz. But not real likely in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    At one time he had them longhorns rockn but as of the last few seasons not so. Idk what happened there. He left longhorn and switched to victory chassis then back to longhorn. Now to swartz. Good luck to him
    I like Rambo, always have, he did well when he was BWRC house car driver and after. I remember a couple of seasons back he had begun to struggle with his LH and took it to be looked at and it turned out he was doing part of the setup process wrong and screwing himself. For a month or so after that he was good again, but then fell back off and switched cars. Not knocking Rambo, but I think he would benefit from a Rumley type person to keep things straight. He also might benefit from a Black Diamond type car as well, something with some flex to give it a fatter sweet spot. I hope the Swartz works for him, but I dunno...
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I can tell ya one thing for certain, Jackie Boggs is really excited about his new cars. Jameson is in a Swartz by Boggs, i would think with Jameson's knowledge along with Jackie that the two of them can put something together.

I hope to see a couple wins each for the pair !

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    He is the only one that might have a chance in a Swartz. But not real likely in my opinion.
    Jackie had a really good piece at the end of 2017. Wouldn't surprise me at all. He has done it in the past.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    He switched to Penske, recently.Penske has an ad announcing the switch in the latest DLM mag.
    When I talked to Kirk last week he had been talking to Dennis and helping him over the phone at speedweekd. He took alot of the runs Dennis had on his own chin for making calls over what he saw on the t.v. broadcast and not working out for Dennis in the feature. But you can only do so much from home and the guy there isn't making his own decisions to help. But yes he was on penskes and may still be but with Kirk's calving. He will work on any brand almost.

Y’all forgot one small builder????? The hippie

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    I highly doubt you will see a Rayburn, Warrior, Kryptonite, Scwartz etc win a WoO or Lucas race all year. There are not many guys running these chassis on a national stage. And if they are, they are lone wolfs with no help at the tracks from other teams running the same chassis.
    Look at Schlenk for an example. He's the only Rayburn running a national touring series.... It's not like he can walk down to Jon Doe's hauler and get some in-sights on what to change or do to his car....
    So I'm going to assume you think only a Rocket, Longhorn and a BD/29 (which haven't been that impressive) will win on either series? I've got what, about 75 races to have a different brand win besides those 3, I like my chances. I'll gladly take that bet.

Michael Page will probably have that Stinger rolling pretty good again this year

Jackie had a really good piece at the end of 2017. Wouldn't surprise me at all. He has done it in the past.
    boggs was dominant at the end of the year in the new car, he will win his fair share this season including one or more lucas/woo wins.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    boggs was dominant at the end of the year in the new car, he will win his fair share this season including one or more lucas/woo wins.
    I bet he don't win a 75 or 100 lapper with Lucas or WOO!

Jackie got his motor back, the car didnt help. He did build it out of the new docol tubing but thats not what turned it around for him. He got rid of that boat anchor he put together himself. But telling everyone it was the new car sure sold a bunch of them.