Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IMCA late model point fund?

What does the IMCA late model weekly champion get?

5k-10k I think. I couldn't find my IMCA weekly paper that has that has the winnings posted.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    What does the IMCA late model weekly champion get?
    National Champ = $5,000 cash + contingencies

Track Champ = $1,000 (depending on average car count)

National Champ gets $5000 and IMCA steals $50,000. The only series I know that u pay $100 or so for a license and win a track points championship and they give u $135.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    National Champ gets $5000 and IMCA steals $50,000. The only series I know that u pay $100 or so for a license and win a track points championship and they give u $135.

This is why so many tracks jumped this year. It'll be an interesting summer

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    Can you show me evidence of only paying $135 to a IMCA Late Model track champion because I am calling BS.

The standard points pay for a track champion is $1000 unless the car count is really small or it is a part time track (meaning they don't run every week) then it'd be reduced but not as low as $135.

He might be referring to another class, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    This is why so many tracks jumped this year. It'll be an interesting summer
    I agree. The just about lost half their tracks for LM.

I don't know how much it's going to improve the LM's in Iowa anyway

IMCA late models are just too different from the other sanctions. There are a couple hundred late model drivers in the state, but the competing sanctions make it almost impossible for them to compete against each other.

Brett Root and IMCA laugh to the bank every week!!!! IMCA doesn't pay the Late Model drivers enough. They pay $600 to $800 at weekly shows to Win. IMCA is a JOKE. As another driver mentioned to me, he wouldn't even unload his car for that less of pay!!!!! The Driver was from Superior WI.
    Last edited by plunks7; 02-27-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Brett Root doesn't determine the weekly pay the promoter does. 30 years ago I was running two IMCA sanctioned tracks... Not sure I'd do that today.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Brett Root and IMCA laugh to the bank every week!!!! IMCA doesn't pay the Late Model drivers enough. They pay $600 to $800 at weekly shows to Win. IMCA is a JOKE. As another driver mentioned to me, he wouldn't even unload his car for that less of pay!!!!! The Driver was from Superior WI.
    More on the tracks not Brett. If the tracks had to pay more they should just drop them.

The track sets the purse...it's up to the drivers to make the decision to race for that amount of $$$... Might be cheaper to run IMCA with the limited engines than trying to compete with guys with bigger motors and more $$$.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I would suspect that since they have had a change in tires, they may have lost contract monies from Hoosier for their special tire. I couldn’t see possible scenarios that Hoosier would pay IMCA since they no longer make the 12 inch tire and everyone must make the switch to wider rims and tires that many other series already run.
    It could be interesting on what trickles down to the series champions.
    Also, since there were only around 150 LM cars registered last year with IMCA, I would guess the area changes will see significant decreases this year in those numbers. Give it a couple more years and they probably won’t have a LM program at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    I agree. The just about lost half their tracks for LM.

I don't know how much it's going to improve the LM's in Iowa anyway
    First let me preface this by saying I like IMCA going to the 14" wheel and WRS tire (it should have been done along time ago) and I like the SLMR rules (for the most part) that some former IMCA track are going to. But the fact is all these rule changes are costing ALOT of money.

11 - 14" wheels $2500

20 - WRS tires $3260 (compared to 20 old style IMCA tires $2540)

1 - SFI 39.2 seat $1900 (when my old containment seat is perfectly safe)

1 - fire suppression system $950 (I have no issue with this)

1 - a new fuel cell that meets the FIA/FT3 standards $1200 (when my Barry Wright fuel cell is perfectly fine but doesn't have the certification).

Nearly $10,000 in mandatory changes to race for the same payout as before the changes.

CJSRACING.....EXACTLY the reasons IMCA Late Models drivers should tell IMCA to G* FUDGE THEMSELVES. You guys are getting screwed & have been for 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRaceJunky View Post
    CJSRACING.....EXACTLY the reasons IMCA Late Models drivers should tell IMCA to G* FUDGE THEMSELVES. You guys are getting screwed & have been for 25 years.
    Some what agree, but the last three mandatory changes aren't IMCA rules they are a different set of rules that former IMCA tracks are going to.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Some what agree, but the last three mandatory changes aren't IMCA rules they are a different set of rules that former IMCA tracks are going to.
    Would them tracks be Dubuque, Indy and Farley.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Brett Root doesn't determine the weekly pay the promoter does. 30 years ago I was running two IMCA sanctioned tracks... Not sure I'd do that today.
    Krooser, did you promote Lancaster and Darlington?

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The track sets the purse...it's up to the drivers to make the decision to race for that amount of $$$... Might be cheaper to run IMCA with the limited engines than trying to compete with guys with bigger motors and more $$$.

That IMCA motor isn't "cheap" by any stretch of the imagination. Sure, if you want to try to build it cheap you can, but the typical motor is well over 20k and that's insane for a steel block 361 if you ask me.

I like what Farley is doing, you can run any motor and the equalize them with weight, spoiler, etc. should make for some good racing.