Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atomic Thoughts

Bloomer definitely was a class above everyone last night. I was also pleasantly surprised to see JD climb 18 spots for a top 5. They were really struggling all night mechanically. Got it dialed in just in time for the important part of the night. Thought maybe Bobby would break through when he was running 5th just 5 laps in. He basically stayed the status quo after lap 5. Nice run for Dad O'Neal and B-Shepp.

1. Yes the bottom could have stood a little more water.
    2. Beers 5 for $11, $1.50 each during hot laps.
    3. Josh picked up Colt, as in guns, for a sponsor. Bloomer picked up Cat Spot Litter. Josh for that win.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    It was so dusty during the heat races that a farmer behind me tried to plant a row of corn on my shoulders. My last trip to Atomic
    You have to understand the weather conditions. The ground is still saturated from all of the precipitation underneath so you can't dump too much water on it or it will be a baja. With the steady gale force winds all day and the sun it was instantly drying up the water anyhow. The track was better after the re-prepped it. They definitely need new clay though.

I like the hot laps happy hour at the beer stand
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Bloomer had them covered, on the mod heat it looked like little rice apologized to Travis after the heat.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Hey man, you know what they say... Bobby F'in Pierce, if you don't like it eat shhhh......lol
    The parking fee (fine) must not be a big deal for them if caught.

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    Bloomer had them covered, on the mod heat it looked like little rice apologized to Travis after the heat.
    He may have, but he had no reason too. I’m not partial to either one, but Travis wasn’t even close to having the speed to pull that off. You gotta throw her in there like JD or Devin if you wanna pull that off. And they are lates, so with them little tires, not nearly as easy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB I didn't see it, and I got no horse in the race; just saying what I overheard. I hate that rice lost the feature, after leading the majority of the laps; both Rice and Travis are good young drivers
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    CnB I didn't see it, and I got no horse in the race; just saying what I overheard. I hate that rice lost the feature, after leading the majority of the laps; both Rice and Travis are good young drivers
    Me neither man, just saying. And yeah, heartbreaking. To lead every lap I believe, but the last one, just awful. And to only lose it because you just made a huge mistake, that’d be tough. One thing to be passed an all time great in Rick Auckland, entirely another to hand it to him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB if I could like your post I would.
    Eastbay (5)

Zero with the Helmet painted. Probably got a freebie or a two for one special. Twitter was a surprise but Sara McDowell made that happen. On a third note Zero,s car on mon look like a chassis with a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit. Gets it done shows up and cleans house. Seems to be just the way they roll. Cuts the point lead in half in 3 races.

Just to clarify, and I also have no horse in this race, but Rice did not make a mistake. According to the Facebook pages of both Rice and the car owner, Rice blew a right front tire going into turn 1 on the white flag lap.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
    Just to clarify, and I also have no horse in this race, but Rice did not make a mistake. According to the Facebook pages of both Rice and the car owner, Rice blew a right front tire going into turn 1 on the white flag lap.
    Wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that story.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Here's the video of the mod feature .... You can see the car hopp going into the corner before he hits the wall ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0gmQ0DBc8
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Good night of racing at AtomiKC for sure. With the wind advisory for the prior 2 days the track was in better shape than I expected.
    No complaints, car count was a little lower than I expected and Jeep didnt run well, but overall a good night for my first night out this year.

The reports of the Zero's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

it's a shame the track was so rough during qualifying, but it was great for the a main
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Here's the video of the mod feature .... You can see the car hopp going into the corner before he hits the wall ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0gmQ0DBc8
    And several times on laps before that. There was a hole there. He was not rotated as much when he hit it the last time.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-16-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1