Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Clint bowyer racing

When will bowyer pull the plug on club 29 ???

Can’t see em doing it while Lanigan is driving for then.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe they should do whatever Hudson is doing? Or is he just that good?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Something is strange about this whole situation. Don and Lanigan are out to lunch but Hudson is running for the most part up front. There is no way little O'Neal is better than the two veterans but it really appears to be the case in the current situation.
    I say scrap the Club29 and if Lanigan doesn't like it move on.

They need to buy a Longhorn and copy it ! Better yet a Sweet / Bloomquist !

Just say no...

If I was Clint, I'd scrap the two old guys. Put Hudson in one ride, sit lil Moran in the other and be set for years. I've always been a Donnie O fan but lets face it. This is becoming a young guys sport and Don has seen his best days. Lanigan? I'm just not gonna say anything here.
    I look at those 3 haulers side by side and have to think Darrel and Don have to be banging their heads against their pit carts trying to figure out what's going on.
    8/13/16

I could definitely see CBR giving Lanigan the heave ho after this season and going with an O’Neal father/son team next year in whatever cars they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If I was Clint, I'd scrap the two old guys. Put Hudson in one ride, sit lil Moran in the other and be set for years. I've always been a Donnie O fan but lets face it. This is becoming a young guys sport and Don has seen his best days. Lanigan? I'm just not gonna say anything here.
    I look at those 3 haulers side by side and have to think Darrel and Don have to be banging their heads against their pit carts trying to figure out what's going on.
    Don O’Neal can still be very fast. CBR is just wildly inconsistent.

Taking a hint from other businesses but I question their hunger, drivers and crew alike. Have no idea their pay structure but when your paycheck is there regardless it can lead to underperformance.

So is it more driver or Ownership that is the issue.

O’Neil was blistering fast at last years pittsburgher

Lightbulb Think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by jrich2929 View Post
    When will bowyer pull the plug on club 29 ???
    Perhaps it isn't the C29 that is at fault... I don't even think its the age factor either. Hudson's team is a separate team, located far away from CBR and they have their own help. When BWRC was with CBR it was a similar song, now BWRC is one of the key players in WoO. Whats changed? I think they have some staff issues keeping up the cars and making setup decisions that arent any good. Lanigan is spread to thin to be much more than a driver I think. They've used most of the major brands at one time or another and almost always with inconsistent results. When Francis was just the BWRC house car driver they ran really good, but once they were folded into CBR and another dude became crew chief for him his performance fell off, while Don took home the Lucas title. Davenport had the same issue there, he was an up & coming force in the BWRC housecar, but once he went with CBR and got the same crew chief that Francis got stuck with, performance fell on its face. I don't think the cars are the problem and I'm not a C29 fan.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    This guy gets it. Always love your post and 99% of the time I agree. This is exactly what makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    So is it more driver or Ownership that is the issue.
    There have been several good drivers at CBR with very limited results.Take out the championship season for Don and there just isn't much there as far as results.

What makes you think Hudson would leave his team now? It's a separate team. I think the crew needs replaced on CBR.

Don Oneal needs to be back in a Mastersbuilt, there new car i believe would be competitive in Lucas. Whether thats with CBR or not i dont know. I believe he is still able to win and be competitive. Also get that MB a Durham Ford and go get some wins.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Perhaps it isn't the C29 that is at fault... I don't even think its the age factor either. Hudson's team is a separate team, located far away from CBR and they have their own help. When BWRC was with CBR it was a similar song, now BWRC is one of the key players in WoO. Whats changed? I think they have some staff issues keeping up the cars and making setup decisions that arent any good. Lanigan is spread to thin to be much more than a driver I think. They've used most of the major brands at one time or another and almost always with inconsistent results. When Francis was just the BWRC house car driver they ran really good, but once they were folded into CBR and another dude became crew chief for him his performance fell off, while Don took home the Lucas title. Davenport had the same issue there, he was an up & coming force in the BWRC housecar, but once he went with CBR and got the same crew chief that Francis got stuck with, performance fell on its face. I don't think the cars are the problem and I'm not a C29 fan.
    I mean, Don O’Neal did win the Lucas title in a BWRC at CBR.

Seems as though the drivers would speak up and maybe some changes might happen. But like they say "aslong as the checks clear"

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    I agree. I don't think the issue is the drivers, it's CBR's mismanagement. If I were Hudson I wouldn't touch that team with a 10 foot pole

Hudson has a big change coming up for next year and it doesn't involve CBR. This one no one will see coming.....