Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Freddy Smith's LA GEAR car
    Buck Simmons Red & White 41
    Ed Gibbons Lazer Chasis
    Flinstone Flyer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nightmare_begins; 07-13-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    Races Attended in 2018: 14

Bowman Grey (5)
    Hickory (2)
    Cherokee (4)
    Fayetteville (1)
    Winder Barrow (1)
    Haubstadt (1)

seems like Roger Long car always looked the same but about as recognizable as any car racing around my parts for a long long time

Roger Long

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Chub Frank's 2010 World 100 car I know the results were not always there especially, the last few years...but Chub's cars/designs along with the #1 with the star on it, always made his car easy to spot/recognize...and thus imho iconic Can't argue with Bloomer, both the 18 and 0 cars Moyer Purvis Rocket house car Flinstone Flyer Eckert raye vest car T-mac's sweeter's plus car....that scheme has been on his cars a long time Lots of great responses!!
    Great choice on the 1 star car. My personal favorite was the white 1988 Charlie Swartz car with the red # 1 with the star in the middle. I think that what made it look so well was the NDRA front end. Also I liked the long low, red #4 car with the fiberglass roof and the 427 school bus engine before that.
    Last edited by Raceready; 07-14-2018 at 08:27 PM.

The topic is “iconic dirt cars” which to me means more than just late models. Some great LM suggestions have been given here already but two non LM cars jumped right into my mind.

The first is Wayne Larson’s early 90’s Superman scheme on his IMCA mod when he was pretty dominant.

The second is arguably one of the prettiest graphics schemes in any form of racing and that was the black and gold that Sammy Swindell ran when he had the TMC sponsorship. Simple, sharp, memorable... not over done. That to me will always be one of, if not the sharpest looking racecars regardless of division you’ll ever see.

I like simple and am fond of guys who sort of keep a similar theme to keep them recognizable. Jimmy Mars was mentioned and it just doesn’t seem right to see him in anything but white with blue lettering. His red car is a bit odd and there’s no need to bring up the way his car looked when he had the Stacker 2 deal. That just seemed bizarre and still does.

Two regional guys that stand out to me are the way that Jake Redetzke has stayed true to what his dad ran. Main color might change from year to year but there’s still familiarity in his 2018 look as there is to what his dad ran 30 years ago. The other is Pete Parker before he got the Potawatomi sponsorship. It was basic regardless of color. Red, blue, white, and black. Black was predominant and it was simple. Reliable Welding was on the rear quarter panel, Don’s Auto Sales was on a sail panel and the other sail panel had Jeff and Paul (his sons) as his crew. That was it. When that car showed up he was always going to be in the mix. Other names appeared on his car over the years but there was something alluring about seeing that black number 10 pull into a racetrack.

Bobby Allen's #55
    Speedy Hays' #44
    Eckert's #0
    Pierce's Dependable #32
    Raye Vest's #24
    Bob Hynes #95
    Dale Beiltlers #19
    Rodney Franklins #33 and his #01 with Calton
    Maybe not iconic but i always like Joe and Jerry Rice's #ZR1 and 2
    Arp and Auckland's team cars (seems like there was a 3rd teammate before Freddy and the Christianberrys but cant remember)

Add a couple sprints with Al Hamiltons 77, Weikerts 29, Krietz 69k and the 461 brick mobile

What about the red and blue Buck Simmons wedge car? https://goo.gl/images/ZNrSrX

Gary Balough's Batmobile, dirt modified Lincoln Continental.

Eddie Carrier Sr 24X i always thought was pretty sharp.

K1ng to, always loved that one.

Fats Coffey too, that teal colored 10 car.

Just say no...

Gary Webb's 56, Weavers 116, Weavers Pizza Hut B12. Personal favorite was John Flinners D11

Carrier Jrs 28
    They keep popping in my head

Baz00ka FTW

I remember growing up we would go to the fall nationals every September at the Springfield mile. That's where I got to see all the big guys race, since we just went to local shows at highland, mt. Vernon and pevely. The car that stuck out to me was Bill Baird's black and orange Saturn car and that huge featherlight truck and trailer he had. Never saw a set up like that before until then. Also, the cars were not that iconic, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and Matt Taylor's open stacker trailer was pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by MILLER7FAN View Post
    Very memorable and worthy of a top 12 list. Mike Duvall in the F1 Flintstone Flyer

Mike Duvall was the very first car that I remember rooting for to win at the world 100. It was 1982 and I was 8 years old at the time. Yes that was the year he won that race.

Obviously the 18 barry wright from 96
    Red and yellow steve francis ride
    Bazooka car
    Gvs cars

Ill leave this one up to you guys
    The first mopar car that francis ran (to me it was the first sign of factory support in DLM)
    Of course they had different schemes each year after but the first one sticks out.