Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cup race at Eldora

Lots of talk about this on social media as Tony Stewart is really pushing to make it happen. I really hope it doesn’t. Eldora is sacred......it has a kind of racing purity that NASCAR lost decades ago. As it becomes necessary to update Eldora I hope anything they tear down is rebuilt just like it was. You know darn well if they get a Cup date they will try and NASCAR-ize it.

Before anyone says anything yes I know what they did to the infield building and I’m ok with that. That was a nice improvement that was needed. I just wouldn’t want them to do a complete makeover to the rest of the facility.

No thanks NASCAR please go away and suck somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    No thanks NASCAR please go away and suck somewhere else.
    On this......WE AGREE
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I would love to see it. I would like to see what these guys could do on a dirt track. Back in the day they used to race on dirt why not now. I believe it will happen. It might be like the all star race and not a points race.

It might be interesting BUT don't do it at Eldora.

What about Knoxville or is there not enough banking to donut there?
    Other then Duquoin, Springfield, or the Hoosier Mile that's likely the only ther dirt track that could host an Truck, Xfinity, or Cup race.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Should be 2 or 3 dirt races for cup.

I sure hope not, the truck race is a joke. Only thing I like about it is some dirt drivers get a chance for some exposure.

You could tear up the track at North Wilksborough and make it a dirt track. The rest of the facility is already there and just sitting empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Birky15Bfan View Post
    You could tear up the track at North Wilksborough and make it a dirt track. The rest of the facility is already there and just sitting empty.
    Most if the buildings are in disrepair or close to it. I've seen pics of some with tree's growing up through them

I watched the trucks for the novelty of it and will continue long as they do it. When it comes to the Sunday guys on dirt I'd much rather see an exhibition in late model cars like prelude to the dream. Putting NASCAR's version of a stock car on Eldora makes as much sense as a slm on Daytona

So what kind of race cars would they be driving for these dirt races? Borrowing dirt LM's and setups would not make it very equal. Modifying Cup Cars for one race on dirt? The track would have to be smooth as glass for them.

It's not going to happen.

NFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha...……………………………… You folks are so gullible it's not even funny. That wasn't a dirt track you were seeing last night. It was a specially prepped track for NASCRAP and they don't have that during any other race at Eldora. Simply horrible.

IMO, Trucks at eldora is a big YES. Xfinity at eldora would be a maybe to a no. And cup would be a strong no.
    I would love to see trucks run half dirt, half asphalt and run on the smaller asphalt tracks and become a grassroots series. Xfinity should maybe have 1 dirt race and focus on small to intermediate tracks to be the stepping stone. and cup should stay close to the same, maybe with less 1.5 miles.
    Also pit stops, I dont believe pit stops should really come into play at all for trucks. It only favors big money and cup teams so that aspect of racing at eldora i like. Xfinity might be able to get by with the same pit stops at eldora and not hurt the product, but Cup in my opinion pit stops and different pit strategy has and should have too big of an effect on a race to pit like they do at eldora. Therefore an actual pit road would have to be built and IMO that would only hurt eldora in the long run.

Anyone remember the prelude to the dream? I seem to remember it looking more like an enduro race. Pretty sure everyone just kept spinning out all the time. Was cool to see those cars as late models but that was about it.

I say get rid of the windshields and let them put a partial deck in the trucks then prep the track like a normal dirt race. The reason they keep it smooth and slick is so the windshields dont get covered so bad. The racing would be a lot better.

Run Cup at Charlotte or Mansfield. Mansfield still has the amenities required for NASCAR racing.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Loud Pedal View Post
    I say get rid of the windshields and let them put a partial deck in the trucks then prep the track like a normal dirt race. The reason they keep it smooth and slick is so the windshields dont get covered so bad. The racing would be a lot better.
    Nice to see someone else finally suggesting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    So what kind of race cars would they be driving for these dirt races? Borrowing dirt LM's and setups would not make it very equal. Modifying Cup Cars for one race on dirt? The track would have to be smooth as glass for them.

It's not going to happen.
    ARCA still does it... I actually enjoy those races.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

If they are gonna put Cup or Xfinity on dirt then do it at The Dirt Track at Charlotte. The grandstands and bathrooms and lighting are cup quality and the concessions ate already priced like cup races.