Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Dunn Benson Motorsports Official Statement about the Tire Infraction and Appeal

DUNN, NC¬ (July 23, 2018) – Dunn Benson Motorsports has received the final decision from the World Racing Group (WRG) about the Tire Infraction and Final Appeal Decision concerning the events at Eldora Speedway June 7-9th. There is a lot of incorrect information being circulated to the public about the whole situation. We plan to release our Official Statement with the facts about the entire process, the penalty and the appeal process very soon. In the meantime we wanted to notify all our sponsors and fans that Dunn Benson Motorsports will not be entering any WRG sanctioned events for the remainder of the 2018 season. We will be focusing on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series events only for 2018. We are currently 6th in the Series National Point Standings and have two (2) wins so far this year on the tour.Bobby Pierce and his Family have decided to enter their own Rocket Chassis racecar and their own engine and equipment in this week’s World of Outlaws Late Model Dirt Series events in Davenport Iowa on Tuesday and Fairbury Illinois on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Their entry in these WRG events is totally separate from the Dunn Benson Motorsports Team with and our crew and Team Hauler headed back to NC.The next event for Dunn Benson Motorsports and Bobby Pierce will be the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned events at Florence Speedway in Florence, KY August 8-11th.Dunn Benson Motorsports would like to THANK ALL OUR SPONSORS for their support in 2018!The Dunn Benson Motorsports Team and driver Bobby Pierce has primary sponsorship from Campbell University, Premier Waste Services, Dunn Benson Ford along with associate sponsorship from Hoker Trucking, Allgayer Inc., Carlton Cattle Company, Champion Spark Plugs, Berger Marina, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Carnaghi Towing, Airplus, Queen City Appraisal and Hot Rod Processing. Product Sponsors include: Rocket Chassis, Pro Power Racing Engines, Roush/Yates Engines, Sunoco Race Fuel, Tiger Rear Ends, Sweet Mfg, Advanced Suspensions, Eibach Springs, Performance Bodies, Velocita, Fast Shafts, FK Rods, Richardson Racing Products, Peterson Fluid Systems, Weld Wheels, Miller Welders, Bell, Quickcar, Lucas Oil Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Hoosier Tire, Strange Oval, BERT, Robert & Son Aluminum, FLUIDYNE, Wilwood, Keyser Mfg, Out-Pace, Allstar Performance, PEM, Powermaster, Outerwears, Goodridge, Hooker Harness, Fire Bottle, UniFirst, FELPRO, Full Throttle Promos, Arizona Sports Shirts, Steffes Group, Delph Communications, ASi Racewear, XS Batteries, Jones Racing Products, Dyers Top Rods, Budda BERT Transmission Repair and Phenom Wraps.For all the latest news, schedule, pictures, sponsors, crew or anything related to Dunn Benson Motorsports and driver Pierce visit our Team website at www.DunnBensonMotorsports.com .Special Thanks to Ryan Delph and Delph Communications for hosting and updating our Team website.

LOL. This is classic.

So they put out a statement saying they’re going to put out a statement?

I didnt know Bob and Bobby had their own Rocket car lol, id be willing to bet they are just changing a wrap..if its a brand new one better yet, but ive seen nothing about their own Rocket to be debuting 2mro night a Davenport...edit I since seen where Bobby is racing his own rocket...that better dirt diggler? Lol
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 07-23-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Interesting.......Bob said they were going drop in one of his personal power plants into the DB ride to run this weeks WOO showes per DOD.

Either somebody changed their mind or they're not keeping ol' Bob in the loop.

So next time a driver is penalized all they have to do is show up with a new chassis and number and be good to go? WRG can't be this dumb can they? Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    I didnt know Bob and Bobby had their own Rocket car lol, id be willing to bet they are just changing a wrap..if its a brand new one better yet, but ive seen nothing about their own Rocket to be debuting 2mro night a Davenport...
    Is it a Pierce car, they ran a few Summernationals races with bad results.

He will be in a Rocket XR1...

That marks the beginning of the end of that "Team", my original prediction was that he would be out of that ride by August...

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    That marks the beginning of the end of that "Team", my original prediction was that he would be out of that ride by August...
    Maybe they will finish out the year. Not likely the Dunn Benson people are happy about this. A team and driver was wronged, the driver goes back for more? I doubt very much that team will want to deal with the Pierces next year. But I have been wrong before. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    So next time a driver is penalized all they have to do is show up with a new chassis and number and be good to go? WRG can't be this dumb can they? Well.....
    Its team not driver....do you not remember Sheppard coming home and getting back into his own ride???

T-Mac to DB next year??? Just a thought.

I could be wrong, but I don't see the same passion for the sport from Kemp,as I did from Big C! Theres nothing wrong with that either, maybe its too sentimental or other priorities are more important!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Maybe they will finish out the year. Not likely the Dunn Benson people are happy about this. A team and driver was wronged, the driver goes back for more? I doubt very much that team will want to deal with the Pierces next year. But I have been wrong before. LOL
    Dunn team should have known that whole family is a bunch of knuckleheads, they can do so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    Wasn't it stated last week that the penalty has already been served? They can race but the team is choosing not to..

Lol, the bobby clown show is still alive and well. Lol some more!!!

The penalty was dropped. And none of you seem to remember at the beginning of the year. Pierce purchased 2 XR1 chassis before the Dunn Benson thing was announced. I understand Dunn Benson not wanting to run any WRG shows anymore. WRG tried running there name in the mud. As for Bobby racing in the WRG shows. Hes gotta eat! Racing is how he supports himself. No racing=no paycheck.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    The penalty was dropped. And none of you seem to remember at the beginning of the year. Pierce purchased 2 XR1 chassis before the Dunn Benson thing was announced. I understand Dunn Benson not wanting to run any WRG shows anymore. WRG tried running there name in the mud. As for Bobby racing in the WRG shows. Hes gotta eat! Racing is how he supports himself. No racing=no paycheck.
    Probably staying away because they know they can’t juice their tars.

Must be the same reason why BPM isn't too interested anymore in running WRG events anymore either. I guess besides the Dream and the World.

I don't think Shep ran the family car -- he was banned too.I just think it is a crock of $hit that they claim those 4 SN races counted as his penalty. Typically, the penalty doesn't start until after appeal.