Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PRCKartRacer9 View Post
    Say Doug Drowns car had an illegal bar on it. Would it still be someone else's fault for pointing it out? Or is this whoke ordeal being blown out of proportion because of the parties involved and all of the hear say? Only a select few know why the bar was the size it was and only a select few know how they found it. We as spectators aren't owed anything other than the races we pay to watch. We don't carry some special privledge to know what goes on behind closed doors. Never have. Never will.

Nah BS I deserve to know as a paying customer

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Is Francis no longer the WRG tech inspector? If he is wouldn't that make him an employee? Your right, people on here tend to confuse the other worldly political non-sense in Washington and elsewhere with ow the rest of reality goes. It doesn't. I've heard it was a door bar diameter, which if true is pretty pathetic on Bronson's part and understandable on how it was missed during inspection. Nobody ever won a race because of a door bar. Ever. Obviously NOT motivated by concern for anyone's safety or a performance advantage, just an attempt to take Bloomer off the board for the World, only he missed and got Weiss. In this situation I'd have no issue with a warning to get it fixed ASAP, not to throw him out, this isn't Nascar...
    Very good points. It sounds like old Nark Richards is not making any new friends this week !

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Francis is employed by Lucas Oil Late Model Series. He has nothing to do with WRG whatsoever.
    Yea, I got that turned around, I thought for some reason he was with WRG, but I looked it up and your right, Lucas job. The whole deal is just so classless. Somebody brought up Bloomquist getting torque'd up one time when Mars beat him, thats true. Only different in Mars situation was it was between Bloomquist and Mars and Bloomquist paid up for the tire protest, no sneaking around whispering things to tech dude. Even though Bloomy lostthat protest he did it the right way, no waiting till everybody is hours from home and pointing out some non-essential item that can't be changed at the track, he put up his money and lodged a formal protest on the spot. Bronson is a douche' of the lowest order, I bet Bloomquist will be more selective on who else he sells to from now on. I want a Weiss shirt.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Scott was upfront on that one but he is well known to do some shady stuff too. He loves to play in the gray area.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Is Francis no longer the WRG tech inspector? If he is wouldn't that make him an employee?

Your right, people on here tend to confuse the other worldly political non-sense in Washington and elsewhere with ow the rest of reality goes. It doesn't.

I've heard it was a door bar diameter, which if true is pretty pathetic on Bronson's part and understandable on how it was missed during inspection. Nobody ever won a race because of a door bar. Ever. Obviously NOT motivated by concern for anyone's safety or a performance advantage, just an attempt to take Bloomer off the board for the World, only he missed and got Weiss. In this situation I'd have no issue with a warning to get it fixed ASAP, not to throw him out, this isn't Nascar...
    Since when does WRG own Lucas? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    All you smart 4m'ers missed my point. Rules for a such thing have to be the same across the board for a car to run from series to series. IF these cars are truly being teched the way they should (especially from a safety standpoint) why was it allowed for all these races leading up to the World 100?

I am guessing that Steve would say no comment to cover his behind BUT maybe it would make him think twice when inspecting cars.

How did cars get to the look we have today? Because nobody was made an example of and sent home at a race. The tolerances got laxer and laxer as cars showed up with more wedge in the nose and a higher and higher RF nose clearance. This car passed tech many times (allegedly) so why now was he sent home. See my point?

I don't know so I am asking. Is this car that failed inspection, the same car that won the North/South?

This needs to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Either you chose to ignore it or maybe you missed it, but in my follow up post I said I was wrong about Francis working for WRG, it was Lucas, my mistake. That's as far as I'm gonna take this with you because I don't play the whole troll and swap DA insults for 6 pages. Francis works for Lucas, I was wrong.
    un-wow...

In the other threads, people were talking about cost and how things like wide bore motors make it too expensive for the little guy to compete. Well, there are other things that can make it costly for the little guys to compete as well. One of those is rule changes that make the equipment he already bought and paid for obsolete and no longer legal. And this affects little guys like Weiss a lot more than it doe big guys, because big guys are probably going to be running a brand new car that's the latest and greatest every year anyway. It's the little guys who are going to be running cars a few years older and when they do get a new car they have to hopefully get as many years as they can out of it. I'll bet Weiss wasn't the only person who bought a 2016 Bloomquist car and he probably isn't the only one still running one. That means there are probably others out there who bought these cars when they were legal and now have a car, that if the officials should arbitrarily decide to scrutinize more closely could be declared illegal whenever it's convenient to do so.

In a situation like this, what would make more sense, would be to have a clause in the rules that allow older cars built before the rule change to be grandfathered in, provided the team could prove the car was built and bought that way, before the rule change went into affect. Teams with Newer chassis which were built with the larger tube diameter, who have to have the tubing size they were built with. This would make perfect sense, as it's highly unlikely any team would want to run an older car, just to be able to run very slightly smaller door bars. And it would mean that any little guys who had these older cars, would not be suddenly faced with a large expense of having to buy a brand new car or have the older one modified and upgraded to conform.
    Last edited by Stefan2k4; 09-12-2018 at 06:00 PM.

What rule was changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post

In a situation like this, what would make more sense, would be to have a clause in the rules that allow older cars built before the rule change to be grandfathered in, provided the team could prove the car was built and bought that way, before the rule change went into affect. Teams with Newer chassis which were built with the larger tube diameter, who have to have the tubing size they were built with. This would make perfect sense, as it's highly unlikely any team would want to run an older car, just to be able to run very slightly smaller door bars. And it would mean that any little guys who had these older cars, would not be suddenly faced with a large expense of having to buy a brand new car or have the older one modified and upgraded to conform.
    I think IMCA did that a few yrs ago atleast with thier mods.

I would think the car could have been made legal for the race by installing a plate on the outside of the bars. The car would then be safe to race.

The piece of plate was already required

May have missed it but is the Lucas rule for diameter of this specific piece of tubing the same as WRG?

People cheat and get caught. Everyone knows the World inspection is tuff. Don't matter if you got by all year and it wasn't found. If you bought an illegal car 'then whose fault is that? This isn't T-Ball.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    People cheat and get caught. Everyone knows the World inspection is tuff. Don't matter if you got by all year and it wasn't found. If you bought an illegal car 'then whose fault is that? This isn't T-Ball.
    Have you sustained a head injury? Having your car obsoleted by a rule change isn't exactly what I call cheating. Also, the rule infraction wasn't discovered by normal inspection, it was revealed by a competitor to the inspector. When the car was purchased/built it wasn't illegal. No this isn't T-ball and it's not NASCAR yet either, but cr@p like this is why many like myself have chosen to walk away and pursue other things.

I have looked through the WRG rules past 2013. I cant find any "Rule Change" to obsolete a chassis. The minimum tubing requirements haven't been changed as far back as 2013. Most changes are with bolt on safety equipment and working components.

The rules have not changed. The car has never been legal. It was not the door bars either it was the Halo bar that was to small in diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Base_Fuel View Post
    The rules have not changed. The car has never been legal. It was not the door bars either it was the Halo bar that was to small in diameter.
    If you are indeed correct then the question remains the same. Why was it legal for every other race leading up the DQ? Including a $50,000 crown jewel win!!!!!!!!!!

Sure makes you question the inspection process in this 'sport'

Quote Originally Posted by Base_Fuel View Post
    ( Oh ) , well that will keep it from making weight . humm .