Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Why wouldn't they stay together and just run the regional events and some bigger shows. Obviously would be a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    The topic came up at the beginning of this season about DB not being a fan of Mark because of a prior bad deal. Supposedly that's why the cars still belong to Bob. Has something changed?
    Bob owns 2 of the cars db owns the 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Bob owns 2 of the cars db owns the 3rd
    I see. I just remember that topic being brought up earlier this year on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I thought it was short for Jumper Sideways.....no?
    Could be!!!!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Harper00HFan View Post
    I keep hearing Josh Richards to Dunn Benson.
    Negative... Richards and oneal to bowyer

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    You're right, it was fulfilled by the Pierce family. The fact that you knew who I was referring to proves my point. The agreement may have been with the Pierce family, but it obviously was an agreement with DB also or their name wouldn't have appeared on the cars and advertising by DB.
    I had a feeling it would all go south when Carlton passed away, seen this movie too many times. Good luck with McCreadie in 2019, hopefully the partnership with fill voids both parties feel they have.
    a) Hocker came with Bobby, his sponsorship deal was not negotiated with DBM, he was given signage and TV exposure for all the LUCAS races because he a contributor to the team as a whole. However, running the Lucas schedule is what was in Bobby’s contract, not the WoO or SN events, those were included at the discretion of Carlton/Kemp. Bobby was allowed to run those events with DBM support only from the graciousness of Carlton/Kemp, they were in no way obligated or contractually bound to provide support for them but they did anyway.

b) After the DREAM tire testing joke Kemp make the decision to no longer provide DBM team support for those races. He did however PAY the fine HIMSELF so Bobby would be eligible to participate on his own if he wanted to. Among those races were WoO events specific to Hocker’s sponsorship agreement with Pierce ONLY which Bobby ran on his own.

Finally, Carlton passing has absolutely NOTHING to do with things so called “going south”. Like I said before I’ll keep everything that went down this season to my self unless I starting seeing a whole bunch on untruths showing up on the forum.

I will say this Kemp has been more than generous going above and beyond to do everything possible to give Bobby a fighting chance.

I don't see why they don't stay together. They are running really well.

Default Daisy

So you go to this extreme to try and discredit what I originally posted? The fact that I never mentioned Hoker (I only said one sponsor was not happy) and you knew who I was referring to tells me my info is correct. thanks for trying to smooth over the rest tho.

Dunn benson better beg Bobby to stay imo. They’ve been a few tough breaks away from a monster year of wins
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

A monster year would be over 20 wins, at least.
    I would say he was a few tough breaks from 7 or 8 wins.

8 wins on Lucas oil with several being big purses is a pretty good
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Quote Originally Posted by bradc View Post
    8 wins on Lucas oil with several being big purses is a pretty good
    That's a solid year for sure. Just saying, not a monster year. For example, 2016 and 2015 were monster years.

Where did they get 8 wins on the Lucas tour? I only see 4. 2 $12k's and 2 $20k's.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Where did they get 8 wins on the Lucas tour? I only see 4. 2 $12k's and 2 $20k's.
    He was assuming Bobby would have a monster year barring a few bad breaks and I said he would have 7 maybe 8 wins, and that wasn't a monster year.
    That's pretty much it. All hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    He was assuming Bobby would have a monster year barring a few bad breaks and I said he would have 7 maybe 8 wins, and that wasn't a monster year.
    That's pretty much it. All hyperbole.
    10-4.........

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    That's a solid year for sure. Just saying, not a monster year. For example, 2016 and 2015 were monster years.
    Well thats all in the eye of the beholder isnt it. Some would say the years you are referring to were colossal years, so a 7-8 win season could very well be a monster year...see how petty you sound splitting hairs just to try to discredit...we get it your not a fan of him, move on...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 10-07-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Bobby, jd, Scott, epj, Jimmy, Hudson all had good year they all picked up atleast 20k+ win.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Well thats all in the eye of the beholder isnt it. Some would say the years you are referring to were colossal years, so a 7-8 win season could very well be a monster year...see how petty you sound splitting hairs just to try to discredit...we get it your not a fan of him, move on...
    Is he the guy I pull for? Not on most nights.
    That being said, I don't have any issues with Bobby. I have defended him a time or two even.
    I'm only pointing out that 7 or 8 wins has never been considered a monster year in dirt late models.
    You are welcome to split hairs, though since I'm petty. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Bobby, jd, Scott, epj, Jimmy, Hudson all had good year they all picked up atleast 20k+ win.
    I agree...they all had solid victories at some point.

The way that Pierce has looked this year in most of his 100 lappers, charging from deep in the pack to the front, is making me wonder what some of the other big teams are missing on these longer races. I don't buy the PPV, but I do have Race Monitor, so I "watch" the big races live, lap by lap. After about lap 60, I could see that Pierce was starting to turn the fastest lap times, and they only got faster. He turned his fastest lap of the race on Lap 96. By that point, he had over 50 laps on the right rear tire that he got when he pitted.
    Last edited by Racefan99; 10-08-2018 at 11:44 AM.