Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I bet Rusty Schlenk isn't too worried about the opinions that some of you jealous types have about his numerous $3K-$5K wins.
    Personally I'm thrilled to see Rusty & Cj have the successes they are having with the resources they have. Too many these days think racing is a phallus measuring endeavor, that the whole point is to always go to the biggest race and have a showdown. Frankly that is idiotic if you know in advance your over matched for whatever reason and your goal is to turn a profit. It takes big resources to be competitive at the big shows and before you mention TMac as evidence to the contrary, get real. TMac has been on the road with mucho resources for years, he may now have less funding but he still has the knowledge and experience to make less money work. Congrats to Rusty, CJ and TMac for reminding us you can do a lot with a little if your smart about it.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I'm pretty sure Rusty has raced more this year than most of us on here. Jealous much? People want to complain about local racing dying and complain about guys that race locally at the same time. Congrats to Rusty again on the championship. He's doing what most of us only dream of doing. I know id give my left nut just to hot lap a super late.

All three have had a misfortune or two to the point where it's a 3 team race for the championship. Similar to last year in the Lucas series.

Seems as though Davenport and LL have been a bigger disappointment than Rocket1. They may even have more resources than Rocket1 as well. Only real reason why they basically ran away with the championship was Bloomer and his typical shenanigans and Richards not running well most of the time. EPJ probably would have been a bigger vhallenger had he been in his second or third year with stuckey.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Personally I'm thrilled to see Rusty & Cj have the successes they are having with the resources they have. Too many these days think racing is a phallus measuring endeavor, that the whole point is to always go to the biggest race and have a showdown. Frankly that is idiotic if you know in advance your over matched for whatever reason and your goal is to turn a profit. It takes big resources to be competitive at the big shows and before you mention TMac as evidence to the contrary, get real. TMac has been on the road with mucho resources for years, he may now have less funding but he still has the knowledge and experience to make less money work. Congrats to Rusty, CJ and TMac for reminding us you can do a lot with a little if your smart about it.
    ?? Wasn't rusty planning running woo tour this pace season but pulled off not do to money. More do with him not being really competitive during speed weeks. Not hating, sounds like he made a better choice to fall off tour make money else where.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    I think his point was, with the breadth and depth of resources Rocket1 has they should be nearly untouchable and miles ahead instead of what, 40 markers. Instead 2 smaller teams with probably 1/4 the funding and resources are chomping at their heels. Heck one of them works a day job and races for fun. Its the same argument some make when they point out Rocket has 80% of the cars in a given race and then somebody else walks the dog on them. Strictly from a probability standpoint that shouldn't happen very often, not with those odds.
    You get it Cage exactly... and these guys know that too...

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    All three have had a misfortune or two to the point where it's a 3 team race for the championship. Similar to last year in the Lucas series.

Seems as though Davenport and LL have been a bigger disappointment than Rocket1. They may even have more resources than Rocket1 as well. Only real reason why they basically ran away with the championship was Bloomer and his typical shenanigans and Richards not running well most of the time. EPJ probably would have been a bigger vhallenger had he been in his second or third year with stuckey.
    House car success???.............Davenport isn't the house car,why keep down playing what the 49 did,they came to race like everyone else,they just out raced those guys,they won more races and killed them in the points.
    Seems pretty dang good to me,a new driver,a new chassis,and a tittle.

Who said anything about Davenport being a house car? Just because you have resources doesn't make you a house car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Smells liks sour grapes to me....
    The rationale behind posting Rocket1 is having a "disappointing" season is because a number of us believe that BShepp is a better driver than Pierce and we don't share the belief that Rocket1 would win more races with Pierce behind the wheel.

As far as WoO points are concerned...two mechanical failures (and that's racing) are why Rocket1 currently sits in 3rd.
    Exactly 100%. He is even stated saying Rocket1 would win every crown jewel with Pierce as the driver.
    The 6 degrees of Bobby Pierce strikes another thread...anything and everything in the universe is linked back to him smh...df he would Bobby would win 30 races a season in that car...

30? Lmao. You do stand up comedy to? If not you could make alot of money.

Who said anything about Davenport being a house car? Just because you have resources doesn't make you a house car.
    Thread tittle, House car success???

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    ?? Wasn't rusty planning running woo tour this pace season but pulled off not do to money. More do with him not being really competitive during speed weeks. Not hating, sounds like he made a better choice to fall off tour make money else where.
    According to the article it was exactly because of money. His car owner basically said "we can probably do it this year, but if we do, there's a good chance we won't be able to afford to race at all next year."

I'm glad to see him win. I hope the momentum builds and he keeps doing it in a Rayburn. And despite what the naysayers want you to believe, he didn't just go to his local track and win the weekly races. He traveled quite a bit after dropping off the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    The 6 degrees of Bobby Pierce strikes another thread...anything and everything in the universe is linked back to him smh...df he would Bobby would win 30 races a season in that car...
    jealousy is such an ugly thing,your boy steals bloomers thunder,his fans can't stand it,same reason they started in on Davenport in 2015.

Yea because he's won all the races Bloomquist has. Lmao. You guys should just have a comedy duo.

Quote Originally Posted by PRCKartRacer9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rusty has raced more this year than most of us on here. Jealous much? People want to complain about local racing dying and complain about guys that race locally at the same time. Congrats to Rusty again on the championship. He's doing what most of us only dream of doing. I know id give my left nut just to hot lap a super late.
    Save your testicles friendTheir are driving schools out there that don't cost a left nut.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngCat View Post
    jealousy is such an ugly thing,your boy steals bloomers thunder,his fans can't stand it,same reason they started in on Davenport in 2015.
    No, ridiculousness is the ugly thing. And it's front and center!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    No, ridiculousness is the ugly thing. And it's front and center!!!!
    You know it's true,lol,I bet you guys was steaming hot at the 2016 North South when Pierce banked off of him,it was a beautiful thing,lol

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngCat View Post
    You know it's true,lol,I bet you guys was steaming hot at the 2016 North South when Pierce banked off of him,it was a beautiful thing,lol
    Nope wasn't there. Was it a clean pass? Or a greedy pass?

No not really. Bloomquist has won it twice already. Next...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    You get it Cage exactly... and these guys know that too...
    You guys crack me up. Marlar may have a "day job" but his car owner has thrown more money than any other team on the tour at buying this championship. And chris madden has never been underfunded or for that matter less funded than anyone else.

Crown jewel cup. Lmao. That's just an extra gimmick