Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post North ga speedway

Ready for race season
    Last edited by racer41; 12-19-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Only if it paid 20k plus to get some drivers there worth watching. And one support class.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Only if it paid 20k plus to get some drivers there worth watching. And one support class.
    If they could time it to coincide with everyone heading home from Florida I think that would have best results as far as car count and I don't think it would have to be $20K, $5K I think would be sufficient and include some non-wing sprints, like the new "Lucas Oil Southern States Sprint Series" http://www.ssmidgets.com/home2.html

Food for thought. But remember weather will be iffy that time of year, we do get snow from time to time in Georgia during Feb/Mar...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Unless it's $75 to get in, there's not a chance in he!! NGS could have a 20k race in Jan/Feb with one support class and not lose a massive amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by racer41 View Post
    Who all would. Like to see north ga add a mid January or erlay February race. But not getting my Hope's up properly want ever happened
    The grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors in this post made me cringe. But I'm with B_K I feel like it would be a financial disaster for them.

Blows my mind that people can't understand how racetracks operate. There's only a handful of tracks across the country that can put on a 20k show like the one you described and North Georgia isn't one of them. As much as late model fans despise support classes, without their support you have no late models.

Raycook 53 fan. U need to go back to school to learn how to read. Was hoping north ga would add a race next month or feburary but ya want they to pay 20.000 maybe a 4000 super 2000 carte and a 1500 sportman would be good but dont see it happend

Fixed it. Don't tell someone they need to go back to school to read if you can't even type posts with proper grammar and punctuation.

Raycook 53 fan. You need to go back to school to learn how to read. Was hoping North Georgia would add a race next month or in February but you want them to pay $20,000. maybe a $4,000 super, $2,000 crate and a $1500 sportsman would be good but don't see it happening.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 12-18-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Unless it's $75 to get in, there's not a chance in he!! NGS could have a 20k race in Jan/Feb with one support class and not lose a massive amount of money.
    Serious question, have you ever been to a GA track with only 2 classes?? I'm pretty sure 4 is my least!! Also, Boyd's Cabin Fever race is pretty close and usually in Jan.

Red face

Raycook 53 fan. U need to go back to school to learn how to read. Was hoping north ga would add a race next month or feburary but ya want they to pay 20.000 maybe a 4000 super 2000 carte and a 1500 sportman would be good but dont see it happend
    Pot meet the proverbial kettle.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cabin Fever is the most drawn out race ever. Its almost as entertaining to watch the cars drive by on the interstate.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Blows my mind that people can't understand how racetracks operate. There's only a handful of tracks across the country that can put on a 20k show like the one you described and North Georgia isn't one of them. As much as late model fans despise support classes, without their support you have no late models.
    Well, I personally wasnt suggesting only 2 classes, I just put out an extra headliner. Support classes are fine in moderation and needed. I do think it need not pay more than $5K, $20K would be a loser, I agree. But I stand by my suggestion to time it with teams heading home from Florida, I mean they're already going by on 75 a lot of them...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I’ve done got the natives restless. Lol

95% of the racers are raced out after 2 1/2 weeks of speedweeks. And their equipment needs refreshed. They’d drive right on by N GA.

Don’t tell me one or two support classes don’t work. It works to perfection up north.

20k to win, one support class, with the best of the best committed to come, I’d gladly pay $75. Lol

And I agree. If you can’t use punctuation, don’t post. Ever!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Not everyone has a quality Bammer education like you Gumps have.

I like what was said in another post on this board.The problem with racing in the south one groove tracks.Too many class.They want to race all night long and yes insist on running supers last...

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    I like what was said in another post on this board.The problem with racing in the south one groove tracks.Too many class.They want to race all night long and yes insist on running supers last...
    Right on my friend! Hit the nail on the head!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by badacefaist19 View Post
    Cabin Fever is the most drawn out race ever. Its almost as entertaining to watch the cars drive by on the interstate.
    Most day races are typically like that. It's almost like they think they have all day and all night when they start in the afternoon.

Indeed. Plus it's cold as balls, the racing is like watching open practice on a rented out track, and you can't drink beer.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Serious question, have you ever been to a GA track with only 2 classes?? I'm pretty sure 4 is my least!! Also, Boyd's Cabin Fever race is pretty close and usually in Jan.
    I feel like I've been to one with 3 classes but never 2.

I'm not restless, I just understand math.

North Georgia in Jan/Feb you'd be lucky to draw 1000-1500 in the stands. At $25 a person with a $20k show your still very short of breaking even.

I'm with you on the $75 thing. I would gladly pay that too, but we're the minority in that.

Never a good business plan to go into something where breaking even is your best case scenario.