Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Michael Page Interview After the Ice Bowl Win

I knew this was going to be a fun and feisty interview with Ice Bowl Super Late Model winner Michael Page. After contact with Dylan Hoover, who gave the #18, double your number 1 hand gestures and the deal with Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

What was kind of wild were the large amount of people at the fence during the interview yelling all kinds of stuff, then Page's crew yackin' back at 'em. Things started to get quite heated as Page was answering my questions, the fans yappin', the crew yappin. At one point it was starting to really boil up.

Seems all parties involved were showing some passion, in my view it was quite intense. All in a night's work I guess.

Late Model Mark
    TST Racecaller

I don't think it will be long before they take the 18 home on a rollback because it won't go in the hauler.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    I don't think it will be long before they take the 18 home on a rollback because it won't go in the hauler.
    Car or driver?
    8/13/16

Both??????

Probably both lol. Everytime he touches the track he has a handful of drivers wanting to fight him. You can't race this way long. This sport has always policed itself, and sometimes lessons will be learned the hard way.

Was there any crotch chops?

After watching the video of the race and rewinding numerous times, Page ran a relatively clean race. He did have contact with one guy that ended in the wall but that was not intentional and was a racing deal. It looked like most the folks in the stands were laughing at Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) for looping it in the last lap trying to take out the leader. Page had to pass Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) twice and backed off numerous times when he could have thrown it in there. Because of his history, he's usually gonna be seen as the bad guy.

Nice job announcing Late Model Mark. You're easy on the ears and enjoyable to listen to. That's a job not many can do.
    8/13/16

like i said , he best be glad that was not me or any of my crew he slammed into the wall for no reason , there would defiantly be more than yapping , i saw it live and on video and that was total disrespect , i lost all respect for him right there , known him since he started and use to defend him , but no more , he seems to be getting worse and worse , but like no weak links stated , i think this problem will take care of its self JMO..........

All of his interviews are the same way, that passion that he and the fans show back and forth are what makes this sport great. He's one of those guys you either love or absolutely loathe with no middle ground.

He's a really good wheel man. He's also the clubhouse leader to be knocked out in the pits in 2019.

He can def wheel a car. The first time I recall see him was 2010 or 2011 at Dixie. He started dead last in the main of a 16-20 car field and came through to win. Unfortunately he also has the shortest fuse of any driver I've ever seen. It's okay for him to rub you or bump you to get by but if you barely touch his car he looses it. Never been a fan of drivers like that.

ANY and EVERY track in the country would love to have Michael Page race at their facility. Hard-nose old-school racer who races for the win...not second place. And during an interview, he does not mince words... he was racing to win.

I am not going to make any comments about specific races or if the move was a "good pass or dirty." I am just telling you, that guy puts butts in seats... period. He is what every promoter wishes they had at their track. More tracks need guys like this in every class who aren't afraid of "knocking their toe-in on the suspension" and just plain racing hard and rubbing a bit for the win.

It take all types of racing styles and personalities to make a track/event successful. Page, however, is one of those guys that polarizes fans and stirs things up on the track and you don't know what to expect next. That my friends puts A LOT of butts in seats.

Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by FANSFund View Post
    ANY and EVERY track in the country would love to have Michael Page race at their facility. Hard-nose old-school racer who races for the win...not second place. And during an interview, he does not mince words... he was racing to win.

I am not going to make any comments about specific races or if the move was a "good pass or dirty." I am just telling you, that guy puts butts in seats... period. He is what every promoter wishes they had at their track. More tracks need guys like this in every class who aren't afraid of "knocking their toe-in on the suspension" and just plain racing hard and rubbing a bit for the win.

It take all types of racing styles and personalities to make a track/event successful. Page, however, is one of those guys that polarizes fans and stirs things up on the track and you don't know what to expect next. That my friends puts A LOT of butts in seats.

Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN
    Not so much. He is a loose cannon and at times just plain dirty. Bloomer or Bobby polarize fans, Michael Page, nope.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Not so much. He is a loose cannon and at times just plain dirty. Bloomer or Bobby polarize fans, Michael Page, nope.

I agree 100%, around here if you see a Michael Page T-shirt or fan it's his crew, friends or family. I don't think he has any fans. And I watch him on a regular basis. I won't deny he's a heck of a wheel man, but a crowd favorite or someone that "puts butts in the seats" he is not.

Page did nothing wrong the lap car I saw 2 videos the one coming off 4 there was nothing Page could do an in car camera also shows he could not see lap car as he was racing Cook. Page can be a little rough sometimes but no more than anyone else from time to time. Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) got caught in the dumass lane left the door open Page took it what was he supposed to do I've been there it's for lead we are side by side I'm on bottom too bad for you especially on a 1 lane track like Talladega.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Pissing off Dale McDowell to the point where he ‘s ready to throw down is about all you need to know about Page. Million dollar driver with a 10 cent brain. Eventually he’ll run into someone who’ll tune him up.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

He shouldn’t have a driver license

I'm pretty sure Page has his faults but let me tell you the guy is as humble as any driver I have talked to....I went and watched him in the pits at the deep fried 75 at Duck River this past year and the guy is not only the driver he is a 1 man crew...he was changing his own tires...grooving them and adjusting on his car by himself.. no big hauler or anything just and open trailer...if some of you had to do what Page was doing you would see why he is a HOT HEAD about his car...In the middle of doing all this stuff he still had time to stand there and talk to me without saying I have to get back to work..i told him if that was me having to do all that work on my car I would be the same way he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Slinging View Post
    I'm pretty sure Page has his faults but let me tell you the guy is as humble as any driver I have talked to....I went and watched him in the pits at the deep fried 75 at Duck River this past year and the guy is not only the driver he is a 1 man crew...he was changing his own tires...grooving them and adjusting on his car by himself.
    I thought he had a "crew"?

Quote Originally Posted by Slinging View Post
    I'm pretty sure Page has his faults but let me tell you the guy is as humble as any driver I have talked to....I went and watched him in the pits at the deep fried 75 at Duck River this past year and the guy is not only the driver he is a 1 man crew...he was changing his own tires...grooving them and adjusting on his car by himself.. no big hauler or anything just and open trailer...if some of you had to do what Page was doing you would see why he is a HOT HEAD about his car...In the middle of doing all this stuff he still had time to stand there and talk to me without saying I have to get back to work..i told him if that was me having to do all that work on my car I would be the same way he is...
    Congrats. Actions speak louder than words.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.