Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Oil TV

I pay 59.99 a year. ( atleast I have for the last 2 years so we’ll see upon renewal in February. ) What a steal for the content!

That is what I pay as well. I am pretty sure that is what I have always paid.

I was wrong in a previous post. After checking my CC records I found that I too, pay $59.99 for the whole year as opposed to $69.99 amount that I previously posted. At that price it truly is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I was wrong in a previous post. After checking my CC records I found that I too, pay $59.99 for the whole year as opposed to $69.99 amount that I previously posted. At that price it truly is a steal.
    I checked mine as well. Same here, $59.99!

59.99 is what I have paid all along.The picture is much better than all the rest.It is a great deal.

How is the streaming for Lucas? Does it buffer alot?

Quote Originally Posted by kcracing View Post
    I think it depends what browser you use and your download speed. I watch it on Chrome and it seems better than DoD sometimes. The best part is LORTV is in HD. DoD isn't. But I subscribe to both.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    For $11 a race during Speedweeks, that's a heckuva deal!

Ive had since day 1 and the $69/yr is a steal!
    I must have had it from Day -1 because I pay $59.99/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by kcracing View Post
    At times it is god awful. I think they do a satellite upload or something because if you watch the replays afterwards, you can see video cut out and buffer/skip. Also, around A-Main time, when I think there are a lot of people logging in you'll often get buffering. I have an amazing connection so I know the problems aren't with my internet. If DoD is 9.5 out of 10, then Lucas would be a 5.5.

I seem to get best results with Firefox, but I have used Internet Explorer and it's been about the same.

The LORTV website clearly indicates that a subscriber can only log in and successfully stream video on one device at a time. Any number of devices can be installed and used but only one can support video streaming.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/help/faq/?set=3&id=11

The minimum download speed that will support the stream is 1.5 MBPS. 3 MBPS and faster will support SD quality video and 5 MBPS and faster will support HD quality video.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/help/faq/?set=3&id=21

The software needed to stream on a computer includes all the major browsers.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/help/faq/?set=3&id=23

We generally use an iPad. Reason being the picture fills out the entire TV screen when using the iPad. When streaming through our PC with Windows as the operating system we have a black strip on the top and bottom 3 or 4 inches of the TV screen.

Mine is 59.95 a yr. I got in there early.

Lucas and Dod claim Chrome is better, not for me. IE seems to work better for me!

And I have the fastest internet speed ATT offers!

Like I said before when everyone is saying how cheap they got their subscription for 60 bucks it makes it hard for someone to sign up now for a 100 and feel good about it. Now if they had holiday or some sort of sales from time to time it would def give incentive to join up all year and im sure they would gain more subscriptions, but until they do it will be speedweeks and the show me, 2 months for me. On firestick for DoD silk browser blows away fire fox or anything else, never have had a problem, few times it froze, backed out and went back in with no problem...I use the lucas app for their streaming no problems at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Like I said before when everyone is saying how cheap they got their subscription for 60 bucks it makes it hard for someone to sign up now for a 100 and feel good about it. Now if they had holiday or some sort of sales from time to time it would def give incentive to join up all year and im sure they would gain more subscriptions, but until they do it will be speedweeks and the show me, 2 months for me. On firestick for DoD silk browser blows away fire fox or anything else, never have had a problem, few times it froze, backed out and went back in with no problem...I use the lucas app for their streaming no problems at all...
    Have you streamed them from your computer to the tv, if so, was the firestick better, as I have that as well.

I have not tried to stream to my TV from my laptop. My firestick has worked without any issues.

Zero ive never done it with an hdmi to the tv, but with the firestick you can download the lucas app on it, and with dod you can use silk browser, and I only have 35-40 mbps on my internet speed and it works flawless, the firestick is the way to go imo. Im sure your pc works just as good but with the firestick you dont need a cord and it frees up your pc...

I have the worst internet provider in the world. I will tell you my experience with both and you can make your own decision. I can watch Lucas on my tv thru my Roku. It may buffer 1 time in an hour but only for a few seconds of it does. I just watched the Chili Bowl and it only buffered 3 times.

I can purchase a ppv with DoD and about lose my religion because it buffers every 10 minutes. Again I blame that on my internet.

With Lucas, you can look at it like this. Just by getting it you will get 9 races from Speedweeks for $60.00. That alone is $6.66 a race. You can't go to a local race and sit in the grandstands for that kind of price. You get to eat your own food and have a clean bathroom too.

You get All the nights of the ShowMe, Clash at the Mag, Napa 50 at Tri City, the Diamond Nationals, all 3 nights of the TopLess, feature night of Knoxville, and the DTWC. ALL for $60.00. How can you not order it? I have it obviously, but if we are racing ourselves, I take my ipad and watch it at the track thru their wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    I think it is a great deal.They have 23 nights of late models and Sprint,drag racing,motocross,boats,off road,arca,flat track,chop cut rebuild,and a bunch more.You have the arcives that you can go back and watch anyrace they had for years.Check it out.If you like racing of any kind its on there.
    This will be the third year I’ve had it. I think I watched all the archived stuff the first two months lol. I have no plans to ever get rid of it. It’s a great deal. But I get it only for the dirt late model coverage. No complaints here.

i was paying $69.00 a yr and canceled mine last week (still good for speedweeks though). It's pretty good don't get me wrong but they cut out a few live events last yr and i attend north south every yr so its not as useful to me anymore. I'm making the switch to floracing. Weekly live sprint/mod shows and some late model races.

Quote Originally Posted by RTW View Post
    I have not tried to stream to my TV from my laptop. My firestick has worked without any issues.
    This is all I ever use other than my iPhone if I’m not at home. And I never have issues. If anything it’s typically my WiFi from being overloaded