Default Muskingum County Speedway

Thinking about riding up for the Lucus race this week with my wife ..... Anything around the track to do .....Never been there .... Any Tips
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

If you have time go to the Wilds southeast of Zanesville. You would need several hours to see everything. It is run by the Columbus Zoo & is a habitat for wild animals.

It'll be dusty!not complaining, it just seems to be the nature of the beast when it comes to that place. It normally produces some decent racing. The firework display is a pretty good one.

Hope you folks have fun!

Make sure you head to zanesville to Toms Icecream Bowl. It’s a must if you’re in the area. The Y bridge downtown Zanesville is cool too.

But yes, if you’re coming from the South, the Wilds would be ideal. Oh and Big Musky bucket from the old drag line.

When The Wilds first opened, the Big Muskie was still standing. The bucket is on 78 south or east, whichever direction it runs, around Caldwell. It’s a tribute to the miners.

The Wilds to me just isn’t all that. All the animals you see are mostly the non aggressive say horses, donkeys, ostriches, giraffes, etc.

The rhinos, cheetahs, etc, for obvious reasons cannot get near you. But makes it to me not that interesting. It’s expensive, and if I cannot be near the awesome animals, I’d rather go to the Columbus Zoo.

You can stay in a yurt at The Wilds though, which would be neat. And feeding the big catfish in the ponds is a highlight.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

If you are a zoo member anywhere, the price for the wilds goes down dramatically. Ive been there twice both times were awesome. We had rhinos running beside our safari bus. Ive also been to muskingham twice, both times the dusting was incredible. Be prepared to watch half the track.

You never know who is going to win a Lucas Oil race at Muskingum County. In the previous 13 visits there have been 12 different winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    If you are a zoo member anywhere, the price for the wilds goes down dramatically. Ive been there twice both times were awesome. We had rhinos running beside our safari bus. Ive also been to muskingham twice, both times the dusting was incredible. Be prepared to watch half the track.
    You got lucky with the rhinos then, never anywhere near us. It is half price.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Very dusty but great racing and the fireworks are awesome!

I want to head out there tomorrow but the weather has me questioning it especially after what happened with the woo show

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Thinking about riding up for the Lucus race this week with my wife ..... Anything around the track to do .....Never been there .... Any Tips
    I live about 5 miles from the track, so definitely going to go out there. Hope the weather holds off!

Their isn't a ton to do specifically around the track.

Tom's Ice Cream Bowl is an icon and would not disappoint.

Blackhand Gorge is like 10 miles away and is a cool area to check out, nature wise.

The Roosters in town is fantastic, takes a big dump on Bdubs.

The best beer, wine, liquor, steak and deli place in town is the Winerak Market.

Tyler county will probably will be the only Lucas race they get in this weekend

Rained out....

My wife enjoyed the time out together .... Interesting for Young n Old Id guess ....Kinda bored me after an hour ... Still a good trip besides the rain out .... Might head to prp tonight after lookin at the weather ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Eldora > Your Track View Post
    I live about 5 miles from the track, so definitely going to go out there. Hope the weather holds off!

Their isn't a ton to do specifically around the track.

Tom's Ice Cream Bowl is an icon and would not disappoint.

Blackhand Gorge is like 10 miles away and is a cool area to check out, nature wise.

The Roosters in town is fantastic, takes a big dump on Bdubs.

The best beer, wine, liquor, steak and deli place in town is the Winerak Market.
    Roosters is much better than BW’s. And usually better scenery.