Default Is B Shepp having the best year ever in Dirt Late Model History

just throwing this out there , I love dirt late model racing and pull for everybody. like good racing BUT
    I have seen him in person this year win Volusia (with the sweep),Dream and last week at PDC and watched on dirt on dirt him kill it on WOO, I know JD had a hell of year couple years back, like I said just asking

Maybe. We'll have to see how it plays out. JD's stellar season might be hard to top.
    8/13/16

still a ways to go, but that season Davenport had will be tough to top.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

If he takes like world 100 and DTWC then a conversation could start. Davenport killed in the Crown Jewels that year

Quote Originally Posted by dukeup98 View Post
    just throwing this out there , I love dirt late model racing and pull for everybody. like good racing BUT
    I have seen him in person this year win Volusia (with the sweep),Dream and last week at PDC and watched on dirt on dirt him kill it on WOO, I know JD had a hell of year couple years back, like I said just asking
    I didn’t think anyone could ever top the season JD had, but Shepp had an amazing first half and has started the second half of the year the same way. It’s going to be fun to watch, no doubt!

Like someone posted on Twitter, he hasn’t even won 5 races outside of WoO rules which Ray Charles could see who actually runs them (car owner Mark).

^^^^^! I guess Kevin Rumley didn't have the sway Mark has in dlmr. And like you said Ray Charles can see the way the 1 car works compared to any other Rocket out there. The balance and bite off the corner is visibly noticeable...way better than any other...

He’s not quite on JD 2015 level yet but he’s on pace. No one will ever duplicate what JD did that year ever. It will never be touched. It’s Gretzky-like stats

A house car should show a different attitude on track. Will they incorporate those ideas into what they sell for next year ? Who knows ? The one thing about ROCKET they have never sat on the bench saying we can sell what we have and let everyone else catch up. I was told that before the xr-1 came about there was 3 identical big blue cars that they made changes to and tested. I don't put a lot into those things, Steve Baker used to run ppms regularly and they used that place for one of there testing locations.

So the argument is Shepherd hasn't even won more than 5 races outside of the World of Outlaws rule package considering the car pretty much only runs World of Outlaws Lucas Oil and crown jewels within those three things how many other drivers have one five races outside of their primary series and I'm not trying to start a pissing match I'm just asking the question

Rocket1 is a threat wherever they unload, as soon as they unload. if they switched to any series, they would be top 3 without a doubt. a motor failure last year is the only reason they didn't win the title. as far as the attitude of thw car, lof course they're not going to give all their secrets away. is Bloomer giving Weiss all of his secrets? is Clanton giving all of his? they have to win to be able to sell cars and that's exactly what they're doing. Richards may be an azzhole, but hes no dummy

Black Jack Boogs had a year like you are talking about. 1995. Check out his stats that year.
    I am not a Gynocologist, But I will take a look.

From Dirt on Dirt numbers JD had 14 wins to this point (heading into Cedar Lake) and Sheppard has 18 wins. Those include 3 prelim night wins for JD and a Summer Nationals win for Brandon.

Davenport had won $258,545 in winners purse money while Brandon has won $317,000 in 1st place money.

Superman ended 2015 with 22 wins in a Super plus 1 win in a Crate worth $20,000 and a total of $475,045 in 1st place money alone.

A lot of big races out there that Brandon would need to win in the 2nd half of the year; but to this point he isnt' just keeping pace, but he's out front when looking at 1st place finishes and winnings alone.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    From Dirt on Dirt numbers JD had 14 wins to this point (heading into Cedar Lake) and Sheppard has 18 wins. Those include 3 prelim night wins for JD and a Summer Nationals win for Brandon.

Davenport had won $258,545 in winners purse money while Brandon has won $317,000 in 1st place money.

Superman ended 2015 with 22 wins in a Super plus 1 win in a Crate worth $20,000 and a total of $475,045 in 1st place money alone.

A lot of big races out there that Brandon would need to win in the 2nd half of the year; but to this point he isnt' just keeping pace, but he's out front when looking at 1st place finishes and winnings alone.
    Davenport didn't start off strong in 2015. We will see.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Speedee1 View Post
    Black Jack Boogs had a year like you are talking about. 1995. Check out his stats that year.
    Different universe. Bloomquist had a better year in 1995. Boggs doesn't come close to Davenports 2015 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Different universe. Bloomquist had a better year in 1995. Boggs doesn't come close to Davenports 2015 year.
    I’m curious as to who won what in 1995. I know Bloomquist won the Dream and the Show Me 100. Off the top of my head, I know Black Jack won the Jackson 100 (it was huge back then), the USA Nationals, the World 100 and the DTWC. Touring-wise, Boggs ran an outlaw schedule. Bloomquist dominated an average Hav-a-Tampa series that year. Boggs had two STARS wins and one HAT win. Bloomquist had two wins on the STARS series, along with his HAT dominance. DOD’s full schedules only go back to 1996. I’m assuming Bloomquist had the better overall year — just because he was better than Jack at that point of their careers — but it’d still be cool to see their respective 1995 wins. I don’t have the time right now to search through all the big races listed on DOD from back then. You have a list, Bones?