Default Dirtvision Opt Out reminder

While hastily trying to set the TV up outside, I had a buddy put my credit card in to order the Saturday night of Knoxville 410 Nationals, like I had ordered single shows plenty times before. The other night, I get another $39.95 charge from Dirtvision. I contacted them and was told there was a "opt out" for a trial of the Fast Pass service that wasn't selected. So they charge you another $40. They can see I never watched another broadcast in between Knoxville and this last Saturday. Was told too bad, I missed it.
    Just a quick warning to anyone ordering single races, they bundle a "free trial" that they hope you miss opting out of. Not the biggest deal in the world, but def something to remember.

Can you show us where that "Opt out" is because it is nowhere on the ordering page. If they did what you say they did, a simple dispute on the CC will take care of it. But I have never seen anything anywhere about a trial deal for Fast Pass or any opting out option.

It was just for the nationals, if you bought it you got the rest of the month of a fast pass

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    It was just for the nationals, if you bought it you got the rest of the month of a fast pass
    Well now THAT's a good deal! I guess it pays to read the screen before clicking submit! You could of course still dispute it, but it's worth the month regardless.

PS I figured there was more to it than what the OP stated. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    While hastily trying to set the TV up outside, I had a buddy put my credit card in to order the Saturday night of Knoxville 410 Nationals, like I had ordered single shows plenty times before. The other night, I get another $39.95 charge from Dirtvision. I contacted them and was told there was a "opt out" for a trial of the Fast Pass service that wasn't selected. So they charge you another $40. They can see I never watched another broadcast in between Knoxville and this last Saturday. Was told too bad, I missed it.
    Just a quick warning to anyone ordering single races, they bundle a "free trial" that they hope you miss opting out of. Not the biggest deal in the world, but def something to remember.
    The fastpass auto renewals monthly, a simple call or email to them is all it takes to cancel. You may have missed the cutoff to cancel for this month, but let them know now that you want to cancel when this month is over and they won't charge you next month.

Yes lol, it would have been a great deal had I known I had a free month to use it. Cant really be mad at my friend, he probably never even saw it. The whole point of the post wasn't to complain about it, just a reminder to read everything carefully to make sure you are aware, as I had never seen Dirtvision do this before. If aware, it was a cool promo. I actually give props to them... by making it an "opt out" versus "opt in" feature, if they sell 20,000 single broadcasts and even say 5,000 people miss the "opt out" print.... that's an extra $200,000 made the following month. I did reach out and cancel, however yes, that extra $39.95 was still charged for that extra month I didn't know I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    Yes lol, it would have been a great deal had I known I had a free month to use it. Cant really be mad at my friend, he probably never even saw it. The whole point of the post wasn't to complain about it, just a reminder to read everything carefully to make sure you are aware, as I had never seen Dirtvision do this before. If aware, it was a cool promo. I actually give props to them... by making it an "opt out" versus "opt in" feature, if they sell 20,000 single broadcasts and even say 5,000 people miss the "opt out" print.... that's an extra $200,000 made the following month. I did reach out and cancel, however yes, that extra $39.95 was still charged for that extra month I didn't know I bought.
    That sucks, the only reason I know about it was listening to the open red podcast lol

Like unsaid, if you dont want the additional month, dispute it and you'll get your money back. But I will say, had I known this was the situation, I would have gotten the Nationals myself instead of going to a friend's to watch it.