Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunn-Benson

There pr guy is going to back to the Lucas series

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    If true, wish they would have gone out like they came in but the last few years have been tough.......I'm thankful for the memories and what they brought to the sport and more importantly the recognition they brought for our region and Slm racing.

Hoping you guys are wrong.

And dslm....we've taken a page out of the posse playbook and are just in denial about DB shutting her down.....it will pass.
    Barbecueboy, I hope I am wrong also. If it is true, it will take a little while to set in. You talk about the memories..... my favorite was being at Eldora watching EPJ win the World 100 on Saturday and on Monday I was sitting in Mr Cs office talking about the weekend. He ask me... did you ever think a ol farm boy from around here would have won the World 100. The smile on that mans face was priceless.
    If you aint got dirt, its your own asphalt!

Default Huck

Why would he do it? At this point it would have to be the passion........other than that, I got nothin.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    Barbecueboy, I hope I am wrong also. If it is true, it will take a little while to set in. You talk about the memories..... my favorite was being at Eldora watching EPJ win the World 100 on Saturday and on Monday I was sitting in Mr Cs office talking about the weekend. He ask me... did you ever think a ol farm boy from around here would have won the World 100. The smile on that mans face was priceless.
    Yeah man.......wish I would have met them /him when I was a lot younger.

I've heard some story's.

I am the same age as Kemp, live near Wilson.. known him and his dad for at least 35 years. Sat on the floor in the cube van hauling the late model to Fayetteville in the 80's.. fun times. I was at Mr. C's funeral and on the way home I couldn't help but wonder what would happen to the race team.. but deep down I already knew.

cool post, thank you for sharing that......and sadly, when I watched that video of the hauler barreling down the road for the last time after Big Cs funeral, I kinda did too.

Just didn't want to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Don Oneal will be in it
    Well, they know how to fix the sheet metal.......might work out.
    idiot boy why did you change your mind? you said "and for that reason I am out" you don't want to work with don? that's ok we all change our minds, nice cover up thou
    Last edited by spiderma4; 10-24-2019 at 10:22 PM.

If we only really knew???? Guess " rent free" is appropriate right about now.....me included.
    well go ask them if you need to start looking for another job come on man you cant wait around for ever!

Box of rocks^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by spiderma4 View Post
    idiot boy why did you change your mind? you said "and for that reason I am out" you don't want to work with don? that's ok we all change our minds, nice cover up thou

Never once, anywhere, anytime, anyplace did I say I didn't want to work with Don.

Not real sure what you think I do for work, but it sounds like you think I work with them at DB ........let me reiterate,Dam your dumb.

And nobody wonders why, it's just accepted as fact now.....mad bro?

North Carolina has become sort of a hotbed for large car dealership groups gobbling up their smaller counterparts. We have Hendrick, Leith, Boyd, Flow, etc. The Boyds of Crossroads Ford have been buying out smaller Ford sellers for some time and I see they were the ones taking over Dunn-Benson.