Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Volusia Speedway new seating

In the fall of 2017, their was an announcement about Volusia Speedway having new front stretch seating being installed in time for speedweeks 2018. They made a big deal with it including pictures of what it would like when completed. I know of fans who ordered seats for the speedweek events at the track just because of the new stands that were to be finished in time for the 2018 events.

Then, just before 2018 speedweeks, The WRG who owns the speedway came up with some bu$hit story that they could not get the new seats completed in time for the season opening speedweek events and that they would get them installed before speedweeks 2019.

Well speedweeks 2019 came and went and still no new grandstands.

We are now coming up to speedweeks 2020 and still nothing about the NEW grandstands.

Are they ever going to built or was it a con job from the beginning????

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    In the fall of 2017, their was an announcement about Volusia Speedway having new front stretch seating being installed in time for speedweeks 2018. They made a big deal with it including pictures of what it would like when completed. I know of fans who ordered seats for the speedweek events at the track just because of the new stands that were to be finished in time for the 2018 events.

Then, just before 2018 speedweeks, The WRG who owns the speedway came up with some bu$hit story that they could not get the new seats completed in time for the season opening speedweek events and that they would get them installed before speedweeks 2019.

Well speedweeks 2019 came and went and still no new grandstands.

We are now coming up to speedweeks 2020 and still nothing about the NEW grandstands.

Are they ever going to built or was it a con job from the beginning????
    I was wondering this as well. There has been nothing announced about it.

They are being built now

I am looking forward to the new seating. It is definitely overdue. It WILL take Volusia to the NEXT level...

Will it be up for this weekends mod 10k show?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

They're working on it now. Most of the framing was up when we ran there about a month ago. They are definately going to be high.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie35 View Post
    They're working on it now. Most of the framing was up when we ran there about a month ago. They are definately going to be high.
    Heard there only a few rows short of the dirt track at charlotte

It is not actually adding any more seats though correct?

They’ve been in the process of building the new ones right now.... just very very slowly. The section they’re working on now is lot higher than the existing. Not really sure of the overall plan but i assume the whole frontstetch would get new seating but i could be mistaken. . I’ll try and get a picture this weekend... speaking of this weekend volusia has a big 10k modified race. Should be a great race.. stremme, Strickler, Hoffman, Donnie Moran, Kevin Weaver and bunch of other real good cars.

Hoffman is gonna tag a b Saturday. Won’t be there Friday. Justin Haley is racing this weekend too

Great to see Moran back, one of the best ever. I expect him to get some big wins next year.
    #1 Million Dollar Man Fan

Anyone have a roll call list of who all is coming for the mods?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Stremme, Stricker, Hoffman, Haley, Kevin Weaver, Donnie Moran, Taylor Cook, Will Krup, Jason Gross, Trey Jacoby, Clay Harris. Sure buzzie Reutimann will be racing. Seen a few dozen guys from the the southeast in the Carolinas, georgia and such that I'm just not familiar with. Few pretty strong Florida mods down here too.... Keep an eye on Garret Stewart, hes got a couple feature wins out there this year, hes usually damm fast out there... Also always a chance of fireworks with Stremme and Stricklers past.

Thanks loobs......was hoping 21 would be there, picking cook for the win.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

hoping some more of the midwest guys come down, ie. Harrison, weiser, bollinger, long. Be a good tuneup for speedweeks in February and this race actually pays more than the speedweek races.

I see its advertised 10k for the top 10 …..How is the pay spread out ….

Its 10k to win!

Yea I see that now …. I got the last weeks rain out race mixed up … Weather looks good now

Brian Shirley will be driving allgheirs #7

Add tyler nicely per facebook