Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Basically this rule eliminates guys trying to do everything they can to get the LR ride height as low as possible in the pits so they can raise the Deck to the legal limit of 39". Say a car from static to full hike gains 10" so at the legal limit of 39" at ride height it's 49" jacked up, but say I lower the LR ride height 1" so the deck is now at 38" so I can raise it back to the 39" but now the car hikes 11" worth of deck rise so the deck is now at 50". So it stops guys from trying to make the LR ride height 5" below ride height to gain 5 more inches of dynamic deck height.

It doesn't matter now with this rule as there is a max dynamic height it can be. Even with this rule there are ways to help cheat or make the deck not quite as high the way they are measuring it, so expect to see many teams doing a few things to help beat the measuring. It's going to be small so there is not going to be a huge advantage to this but it's still there.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 01-07-2020 at 04:16 PM.

The spoiler rule was made because Richards had a 1/2" wide hinge effectively making the spoiler 8 1/2" tall.

https://twitter.com/farmsdl/status/1...001681408?s=21 The sh!t some people say thay really makes you wonder lol idiots

The rounded backside of the spoiler helps to pull more air from underneath the deck, essentially a vacuum under the deck hence more rear downforce.

Question: this new droop rule it's world of outlaws so is that for all of dirtcar including UMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    https://twitter.com/farmsdl/status/1...001681408?s=21 The sh!t some people say thay really makes you wonder lol idiots
    I know right. Rocket1 wasn't even there at the dome. Dumb@ss

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Pretty much, just run off at the mouth. Don’t use facts, the rule affects everyone. They should start enforcing the rules they already have too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

When steve francis first took the spot for teching cars 2 yrs ago. He had everybody SCRAMBLING at GIS. Well we all see how long that lasted. Drivers and owners went over francis and he got reeled in. It may be the same here, you can't p off the teams that follow your series. Richards and Bloomer walk into that woo trailer and say this new rule is making us think about jumping ship. That new rule will very quietly go away.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    When steve francis first took the spot for teching cars 2 yrs ago. He had everybody SCRAMBLING at GIS. Well we all see how long that lasted. Drivers and owners went over francis and he got reeled in. It may be the same here, you can't p off the teams that follow your series. Richards and Bloomer walk into that woo trailer and say this new rule is making us think about jumping ship. That new rule will very quietly go away.
    Scott (and friends) are not going anywhere. Because of there Drydene money they have to run woo. And marks been there for 15 years don’t seem him going anywhere anytime soon

Does anyone on here know if this new rule will apply to all of Dirtcar including UMP

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Does anyone on here know if this new rule will apply to all of Dirtcar including UMP
    It applies to both.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Farmer View Post
    The rounded backside of the spoiler helps to pull more air from underneath the deck, essentially a vacuum under the deck hence more rear downforce.
    Thanks. Will have to add that to my spoiler.

This rule WON'T fix it but it sure is a step in the the right direction

This rule WON'T fix it but it sure is a step in the the right direction
    Why do you say that? Why would you not fix the body? How high did wedge cars hike?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

If y’all will look back..... the first race Ray had with this stupid rule he had a car on it’s roof!!!! lol A poor band aid,,,, fix the real problem...,, AERO

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Why do you say that? Why would you not fix the body? How high did wedge cars hike?
    Only thing I said was the new rule would be a step in the right direction or that's a start oh if it were left up to me I would have the body's like they were in the late 90s FLAT

Hey president clinton if you would go back and read what Ray Cook said, that car ended up on its roof because it spun out to avoid hitting bloomquist and another car come in and scooped it up with its nose. Not because he was hauling balls hiked up 5’

Only thing I said was the new rule would be a step in the right direction or that's a start oh if it were left up to me I would have the body's like they were in the late 90s FLAT
    I agree with you on bodies. I see no need to have chain police.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

And if you see Rays statement about why we need this dumb rule????? To keep cars from turning over. Dig up the stats, it didn’t do what he said, and in all his on track testing didn’t slow his car down???? So we are still rolling cars and same speed,,,,,,,why do we need this rule???? Please go read G R Smiths social media post and you might have a better understanding

Well after reading these rules, yes I can understand what there attempting to do. But, if you read what JD posted, I gotta ask. Without a perfectly level area your numbers are going to be different from your shop floor plate to the pits of a race track.

I really don't feel they thought this one out. The uproar is going to be heard loud and clear by the guys that get docked or disqualified.

I think the can of worms they've opened is going to be at the forefront. It's going to put guys that don't follow the series regularly at a disadvantage because it surely is going to change set ups and how many local guys are going to go through doing this for a pass through series.

2020 story lines are increasing and the season is just starting.