Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default We all have the ability to make a diffence

With the dwindling fan base of racing in general. Which sadly includes dirt racing. We can all make a difference by taking friends , younger adults and kids...in whatever circle you’re in to the race track and expose them to dirt racing. Have you seen this “drifting” thing the kids seem to like? Well I’d think some exposure to a dirt track would stick to these kids. At least some. Most people don’t even know about dirt racing. There’s plenty of people to be exposed and maybe turn some into 4m’rs You never know. 👍.

It won’t let me change it...but clearly it should say....”difference”

Kid's today don't know what dirt is...

Right On ride height.

I’m planning on doing my part for the April Lucas race at my local track TST. Telling everyone and got a good crew already planning on coming. But that’s the best I can do. I can’t sit through a regular Saturday night show. I can’t.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    I always enjoy people painting such broad strokes.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I think thats great, but Ive noticed for the World 100 and the Dream lately, they have focused more on the party and less on the racing, which sadly is a recipe for death.

There drifting thing is what ive used to describe it for about the last ten years to people. I tell them it's like drifting but on dirt and we actual pass each other lol

I have to agree about the sitting through weekly shows. Nothing worse than going to a track that has 8 classes running and only about 5 cars in each class. On top of that they''ll usually start an hour late and then take an hour intermission. At least that's how most are that I attend.

Went to a party once and a race broke out.

I wish they'd run one support class during Lucas at East Bay. I know your seeing pretty much the best of the best there is except maybe 2-3 guys. It does seem like alot to spend for a couple hrs but there was definitely no shortage of people last year and the year before.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 01-22-2020 at 12:18 PM.

thats fine crow , thanks for coming , your money will be appreciated , and BTW , you are not missed on regular sat nights , so all is good.......

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    I have to agree about the sitting through weekly shows. Nothing worse than going to a track that has 8 classes running and only about 5 cars in each class. On top of that they''ll usually start an hour late and then take an hour intermission. At least that's how most are that I attend.
    now think about this , this thread is about growing the sport and getting kids interested , so i say , if it was not for the support classes ,there would be a small minute percent of these kids and even adults that could afford a super late model , but they might take enough interest in these lower classes to give it a try , i just dont understand the hate on these classes and yet the same ones say " our sport is dying " , NO track in the country could survive with out the support classes on a weekly basis , they definitely help pay for the supers to be there with the admissions they bring in , people like Dirt Crow that rides the bleachers and b!tches about every thing will never understand this.........

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    now think about this , this thread is about growing the sport and getting kids interested , so i say , if it was not for the support classes ,there would be a small minute percent of these kids and even adults that could afford a super late model , but they might take enough interest in these lower classes to give it a try , i just dont understand the hate on these classes and yet the same ones say " our sport is dying " , NO track in the country could survive with out the support classes on a weekly basis , they definitely help pay for the supers to be there with the admissions they bring in , people like Dirt Crow that rides the bleachers and b!tches about every thing will never understand this.........
    That's all fine and dandy but when a track runs 3 different 4 cylinder classes or another tracks runs 3-4 different types of crate/steel block LM when the casual fan in the stands can't tell what the difference between them is then there's a serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I think thats great, but Ive noticed for the World 100 and the Dream lately, they have focused more on the party and less on the racing, which sadly is a recipe for death.
    That has been going on at Eldora for a long, long time. Especially at the World 100.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Maybe in your area. There's quite a lot of younger folks at the tracks around my way.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I have no hate at all on support classes. Some tracks in the country the support classes will put on a better show than the supers there or whatever else you might compare it to. My aggravation is the tracks that think the solution to the problem is to just continue to create classes and have few to no cars in them when they could be combining classes and in the end have more cars in each class.

our local dirt track (1 of 2 within an hour away) has new operators this year, actually started this past year during the season, and I was really excited about what they were doing. I saw the facebook ad for the first race of the year, and they are running 9 classes: 602 and 604 LM, mod, renegade, FWD, pure stock 4, thunder bomber, young guns and powder puff. I am no longer excited, nor will I be there. I hope it goes well, and if things are good after a couple weeks, I will go and spend my money there. But please, run 4 classes, 5 at the most, and be done with it.

Some of these kids will freak if they get dirt on their I-phone. That will be the end of their involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Some of these kids will freak if they get dirt on their I-phone. That will be the end of their involvement.
    I’ve seen a few kids I say kids but teenagers that never put that f***ing phone down and watch the track unless a wreck happens then they right back on it again. You people watch and notice 9 times out of 10 if you see a group of youngsters come in they are there to socialize with each other instead of watching the racing makes me wonder at times why they even bothered to pay to come in if all they gonna do is shoot the sh!t with each other.

Either way the support classes help the track cause that's when you go to the concession stand so track still wins lol