Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter race

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I lived near a swine hot spot at the time, so I did hear about it a lot. We are still early in the c19 outbreak in the US. I fear our death total will far exceed swine by the time it's all said and done.
    Both of my kids had swine .....I'm familiar with it.

Makes sense you would hear about it in your area with some good local coverage.....what's happening now is a flat out national assault on Americas psyche by the national media outlets.

Narrative driven per outlet.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    The bigger concern for me is how many people seem happy that people are losing their jobs.. happy that people are dying.. happy the economy is suffering because of the virus. I was never a fan of Obozo but I would never wish for people to suffer for political reasons. Unfortunately that is exactly what we are seeing now. Not sure if it is a lack of compassion or lack of common sense.
    welcome to the NEW democratic party , moto : win at all cost , and im not talking about a virus ,

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I think what some are missing is if Trump hadn't stop the travel from China and states would not have ordered social distancing those numbers would have been far worse than they are now or could have been. Italy within 2 weeks went from 200+ deaths to over 4,000 and had they not ordered the stay at home think of what it could have been. I'm just glad so far that some are listening to the experts. A lot could change in the next 3 weeks so let's see where are then. Would it be nice to have churches full by Easter sure it would but, that just might not be realistic but, Not sure how we can fault Trump for wanting that to happen but, whether it does or not that's a different thing.
    great and honest post kid.....

New York is zipping up 100+ black bags a day. And the peak is still a ways off.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Armchair quarterbacks always have better stats......shutting down the communist country it started in is a hell of a lot easier than shutting down a democracy that nobody wants a dam wall around. Pointing fingers at tump as a do nothing on this is just flat out wrong.

It's a very bad deal like every other corona virus that's come down the pike....the diffence this time other than the obvious charactistic differences is the amount of finger pointing media coverage these days........finger pointing being the operative words.

It's created unnecessary worry in folks lives and if they are really doing it in the name of national informational safety IMO they could be a lot less narrative driven and a lot more morality driven.....for the country.

Hopefully this gets nowhere near h1n1 in terms of deaths but as long as democratic folks insist on dropping this in trumps lap, everyone else on earth will make the comparison to the non action from the previous administration on swine.

Hate the game, not the player.
    Yuuup!!!!! And the Toxic media driven crap that comes with it, can really be disheartening. Thus why I’ve sat out of this game for a while. The misleading comparatives, the anti-President, and on and on….. No need to repeat what other rational people have said. Keep safe everyone.

It's China's fault. And only their fault. This was an act of terror on the world by China.

It's already surpassed h1n1, and we have a long ways to go. Trump needs to stop talking about his "beautiful "Easter" and not confuse people in states where measures are being taken.
    This one is nowhere near the number of deaths caused by the 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu. Not yet anyway.

As of March 26 total deaths for COVID-19 were 21,283 worldwide. According to the CDC they "estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated."

One big difference that works against us in this particular pandemic is that scientists think this particular coronavirus is more contagious.
    Last edited by NormP; 03-27-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    This one is nowhere near the number of deaths caused by the 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu. Not yet anyway.

As of March 26 total deaths for COVID-19 were 21,283 worldwide. According to the CDC they "estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated."

One big difference that works against us in this particular pandemic is that scientists think this particular coronavirus is more contagious.
    From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Pasted from CDC

The huge range for the world leads me to believe they haven't a clue on that number.

The WHO says 18k.

In any event, it killed .02% of Americans infected and hospitalized about a half percent. It was a joke compared to this disease.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-27-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Wow.....where the heck did that come from kid??

Well said and true .
    Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    great and honest post kid.....

Thanks guys. I just looked at what the President said and he was just being hopeful and really aren't we all. I think he knows deep down that's not likely to happen but, I've always been told if you don't have hope what do you have.

This COVID is nothing to mess with IMO. However,I'm still working. They kicked us back down in production,but only due to inventory. I don't want to sit around forever,but I don't want to catch this mess either

I was home yesterday,and a neighbor a few house down in the cul-de-sac was taking absolutely evertything out of their house and cleaning it and the house like crazy. The little town I live in was actually mentioned in the NY Times for it's infection rate per thousand. No cases to a high rate in a week or so. The gospel singer Sandy Patty came and performed at a church here,and was later diagnosed with the virus. Several people have been tested and a couple of positives came from that concert. So,it's getting close to home for me. Wife is still working also.

Never seen anything like this in my 50 years.
    Formerly 66#1

Chicago had several nights they zipped more than 100 bags from fools shooting each other , it does seem this virus has slowed that kind of thing way down , maybe a little good will come out of this.......

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Funny chit reading some of the thoughts of people, especially you bozo's that want to make this a political stance for your party. How about the a holes that just don't care ?

A guy I play cards with said screw this I'm going on my cruise. He boosted how the government is full of it and there not telling him what to do.

Well they've been back for 3 weeks. His wife is in the hospital on a ventilator, and the cases in his neighborhood are off the charts and it looks like a ghost street.

Relax people, use common sense, and this could pass by in a short time. Be stupid, and it's going to be here a lot longer.
    Trouble is we have a nation chock full of stupid, greedy people. With a lack of consistent, messaging and coherent direction from the federal government it’s been left to the states to implement life-saving, spread-limiting measures. Some, including Ohio and Kentucky have done quite well. Others, like Tennessee and Georgia are whistling past the graveyard. Then there’s the problem of individual states competing with one another for finite resources because the feds aren’t providing top down leadership on the orderly distribution of medical supplies. It’s a straight up sh1t show right now, and I hope that all of you are lucky enough to live in a state where the governors are taking this seriously. DeWine has done a fine job here in Ohio.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I think what some are missing is if Trump hadn't stop the travel from China and states would not have ordered social distancing those numbers would have been far worse than they are now or could have been. Italy within 2 weeks went from 200+ deaths to over 4,000 and had they not ordered the stay at home think of what it could have been. I'm just glad so far that some are listening to the experts. A lot could change in the next 3 weeks so let's see where are then. Would it be nice to have churches full by Easter sure it would but, that just might not be real alistic but, Not sure how we can fault Trump for wanting that to happen but, whether it does or not that's a different thing.
    What Trump did was good, but he turned around and squandered critical weeks and multiple opportunities. At that point the virus was already here. Critical weeks passed while the downplaying from the White House continued. The nation was not ramping up a unified response or aggressively limiting social interaction. Travel to other infected areas continued. People continued to congregate in large groups, and in many cases still are in states where stay at home orders have not been made. Misinformation continued to flow on the nature of the disease. Once it was apparent the disease could not be spun the tune changed in DC.

At the end of the day the federal and state government’s responses to this will be studied for years by infectious disease personnel and historians. History is likely not going to be kind to our nation’s response. The ultimate hope is that we as a nation get our act together so that we respond better the next time this happens. It’s going to happen again. Take care of yourselves, and keep your loved ones safe.

Im not a political person but i seem to remember trump trying to stop all travel in or around China almost two months ago and being hailed racist as usual because of it.

The two sides will never work together in a meaningful way until term limits are enacted. It is just a high stakes long game now. Limit retirement benefits for serving to poverty level chart. For 2020 that would be $12760. Medical care for congress should be provided by the VA. That way we know it will be a good system to treat the troops.
    Last edited by Trippy McSidewalk; 03-29-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Dr. Fauci says deaths from virus in the U.S. could range from 100 to 200 thousand people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy McSidewalk View Post
    The two sides will never work together in a meaningful way until term limits are enacted. It is just a high stakes long game now. Limit retirement benefits for serving to poverty level chart. For 2020 that would be $12760. Medical care for congress should be provided by the VA. That way we know it will be a good system to treat the troops.
    Until they take the money out of politics big business and the rich will get their way at the expense of the working class and ordinary folk. Pay for campaigns out of fixed funds, spend it how you want but when it's gone it's gone. No Super PACS, no dark money, no lobbying, none of it. I've long thought our country would be better served by jury duty-style congressional appointments in the House of Representatives. Meaning, you get a good cross section of average folks in a room to decide on common sense measures to benefit the population. These endless debates on free crap for everyone or endless giveaways to corporations and the wealthy would not happen. Generally, average people agree on much more than they disagree on.

Everybody keeps saying Trump squandered several weeks. How quickly we forget that the communist DemonRats were putting the entire government through a sham impeachment at that time instead of concentrating on important issues. Why hasn't anybody mentioned that?????

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Everybody keeps saying Trump squandered several weeks. How quickly we forget that the communist DemonRats were putting the entire government through a sham impeachment at that time instead of concentrating on important issues. Why hasn't anybody mentioned that?????
    That’s been over with since February 5th. Whether it was a sham is debatable, and whether Trump is shady is not. He has a long history of dirty deeds, both personally and in business. All the time since February 5th was mostly wasted feeding the public lies, misinformation, and downplaying what was coming. Closing Chinese travel was a good move, but we already had cases stateside.

The inaction at the top of the government during that time is going to cost us thousands of American lives. There’s no way to argue otherwise. We had an initial window to prepare, and get things squared away and blew it. Here we are at the end of March with 130,000+ cases, 2400+ deaths, several major cities approaching critical care limits, and the nation is struggling to catch up. Some states still aren’t taking appropriate measures. States are still fighting each other for supplies. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Stay safe, and keep your loved ones safe.

The inaction at the top of the government during that time is going to cost us thousands of American lives. There’s no way to argue otherwise.
    So the same can be said about H1N1 during the Obama administration. Right? "There’s no way to argue otherwise", right?

And speaking of H1N1 during the Obama administration, where are ALL of the ventilators and PPE?